What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

Putin--A Russian Spy Story

Its a great watch....IMO...I am glad someone else put it out..

-------------------------------------------------------

Rarg has just dropped the 2020 movie Gretel & Hansel ..........Yer I thought it was a Typo at first..... but they explain that it isn't --& that's how it should always have been.....(what do the brothers Grimm know about anything)  it has V bad write ups both in the press and IMDB  

User Reviews...IMDB

DONT SEE THIS MOVIE - SUPER BORING
1 February 2020 | by jaredkzlSee all my reviews

90 min movie that felt like 3hrs. Only bright spot was the actress playing the old witch. She was very creepy but nothing really happens

The Countess and the Russian Billionaire

If your liking the Putin story--The BBC put another Program out last night about one of his main money man, before he upset him........which seems easy to do

Channel BBC Two
Time 9PM
(08 April 2020)

Inside the secret world of Sergei Pugachev, a Russian oligarch, and his British partner Countess AlexandraTolstoy, mother to their three children. Filmed between the UK, France and Russia, this film sets out to tell the story of their Russian romance, unimaginable wealth and privileged lifestyle. Sergei, once known as Putin’s banker, amassed a $15 billion fortune, owning one of Russia’s largest private banks, shipyards, a coal mine and designer brands, until his fall from favour with the president.

With his empire now at risk from the Russian government and threats made to his life, Sergei flees to his chateau in France in a bid to fight back. Alexandra is left behind with the children in London, and the pressure on their relationship soon starts to show, with events quickly overtaking their fairy tale of power, money and love.

• Thanks 2

Return to Belsen

This was a tough watch TBH.

Summary: Jonathan Dimbleby travels to Belsen with survivors, liberators and locals, following in the footsteps of his father Richard Dimbleby, whose 1945 radio report shocked the world and unmasked the true horror of the concentration camps. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Red Dwarf......

TV 9/April...... its only showing as a one off episode. Season 13

Red Dwarf is probably one of the most entertaining UK TV shows ever made.

Craig Charles as Dave Lister, Robert Llewellyn as Kryten, Danny John-Jules as The Cat and Chris Barrie as Arnold Rimmer.

Just watched the two parter that was broadcast last night,wow they have aged , lots of canned laughter ruined it for me  i must say ,worth watching as its Red Dwarf ,but ,not its finest hour i fear .it was on the bay where the pirates play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanuk711 said:

I agree with you Bert.....I just finished watching it.......... be nice if they all retired now.........

Actually the wife and i are re watching the series ,up to series 4 , my wife used to watch it when we lived in the  UK ,a distant time ,on a planet far away.lol

I’ve watched a lot of programs recently. I like sci-fi and fantasy.

hope you like my recommendations 

The Maladorian... Stars Wars spin off.

Picard.. Star Trek spin off

Tiger King.. reality prog around Big cat owners in the USA..interesting 

Money heist.. over subbed Spanish robbery... I loved this series, can highly recommend.

• Like 1

ZeroZeroZero, one of the best series I have seen in a while,

it's about how a 5 tonne shipment of Cocaine ,from Mexico

gets to Italy via Africa, lots of twists and turns,well worth a

look.

regards worgeordie

• Like 2

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

ZeroZeroZero, one of the best series I have seen in a while,

it's about how a 5 tonne shipment of Cocaine ,from Mexico

gets to Italy via Africa, lots of twists and turns,well worth a

look.

regards worgeordie

Taking a break from reruns of Byker Grove, The Likely Lads and When the Boat Comes In?

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

Taking a break from reruns of Byker Grove, The Likely Lads and When the Boat Comes In?

No I am more up to date than that ,no its Vera and George Gently.

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

No I am more up to date than that ,no its Vera and George Gently.

regards Worgeordie

Actually you've got a few good programmes from your area, in addition to those already mentioned there's Auf Weidersehn Pet, Spender and some decent films too - Get Carter comes to mind. Coming from Cambridge there's not a lot of TV connections, Grantchester is almost Cambridge and the Monty Python team first got together there (but I'm grasping at straws now).

At least on the music front we have Pink Floyd, I'd take them over Ant & Dec all day long.

On 4/7/2020 at 9:03 AM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Twin

Episode 1 of this new series just dropped on Lime.
You can get a subbed version or the whole series with hardcoded subs.

Summary: When a young mother is responsible for the accidental death of her husband, she persuades the dead husbands identical twin to take his identity.

This is the first TV I have watched with sub-titles, and it does mean that I do not take my eyes off the sceen for a moment in case I miss something. Very good series, well made. I actually went on Google Earth to find wheree it was made....Sakrisoya in the Lofoten Islands, what a beautiful place.

• Like 1