What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Watched a documentary on ITV entitled, "Fishing for love: how to catch a Thai bride" and it was fascinating and at the same time disturbing after a fashion.

One thing I didn't see much of in the whole doco was happiness and when it ended I couldn't get it out of my mind for a while.

I won't go into too much detail here otherwise it might spoil it, but looking back on it made me feel a little morose.

Check on the net where to see it or trawl through the itv shows (Storyville).

Would love to see some feedback here...............

Fishing for Love: How to Catch a Thai Bride

• Thanks 2

Informer 3838

An Underbelly spin-off.

Episode 1 available on Lime.

Summary: The story of Nicola Gobbo a lawyer who turned Informer and played both sides in the Melbourne

Gangland War. The deaths, secrets and lies that ripped through the Victorian Legal System.

6 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Informer 3838

An Underbelly spin-off.

Episode 1 available on Lime.

Summary: The story of Nicola Gobbo a lawyer who turned Informer and played both sides in the Melbourne

Gangland War. The deaths, secrets and lies that ripped through the Victorian Legal System.

I'm glad you posted the trailer. I just watched it (the trailer).

Normally I'm quite keen on some of the Aussie series, but reading the IMDB overview - and like yours - it mentions the 'Victorian Legal System'.

I didn't bother to d/l it as I thought it referred to Queen Victoria's reign. But it looks like it means the state of Victoria and it's modern times?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm glad you posted the trailer. I just watched it (the trailer).

Normally I'm quite keen on some of the Aussie series, but reading the IMDB overview - and like yours - it mentions the 'Victorian Legal System'.

I didn't bother to d/l it as I thought it referred to Queen Victoria's reign. But it looks like it means the state of Victoria and it's modern times?

There's been a few spin-offs from the Underbelly series, which was excellent.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1119176/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

• Thanks 1

Just finished watching Ozarks on Netflix (Stuck in the US is it available in Thailand?)   any way it was very good. Much in the style of Breaking Bad. cant wait for season 4

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:09 AM, Will27 said:

Gangs of London

I remember someone asking about this one ages ago.

Looks like we're finally getting it.

Starts next week.

Summary: Tells the story of London being torn apart by the turbulent power struggles of the international gangs that control it and the sudden power vacuum that's created when the head of London's most powerful crime family is assassinated.

This one is starting to appear.

Saw it on Lime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2020 at 8:29 AM, sanuk711 said:

Calm With Horses ........

Screening next week-----made in Ireland ---In darkest rural Ireland, ex-boxer Douglas 'Arm' Armstrong has become the feared enforcer for the drug-dealing Devers family,

Has this appeared anywhere?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No....I have been waiting for it also...........didn't screen on its date...can only think that it must still be doing well at Cinerama's

• Like 1

Seems I may have missed a few recommended Sci-Fi movies over the years and this seems like a good time to catch up. There is one I haven't managed to find, Simone from 2002, with Al Pacino.

Gamer

Primer

Upstream Color

Idiocracy

Jupiter Ascending

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Edited by giddyup

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Seems I may have missed a few recommended Sci-Fi movies over the years and this seems like a good time to catch up. There is one I haven't managed to find, Simone from 2002, with Al Pacino.

Gamer

Primer

Upstream Color

Idiocracy

Jupiter Ascending

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

One I just watched that I didn't list is "Ariana", it's Swedish but has English subs. Worth a watch.

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Seems I may have missed a few recommended Sci-Fi movies over the years

PROMETHEUS... it was done by Ridley Scott--came out over 8 years ago....... its so popular --I just had a look on the P-Bay and over 400 seeds still, so quick download

3 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

PROMETHEUS... it was done by Ridley Scott--came out over 8 years ago....... its so popular --I just had a look on the P-Bay and over 400 seeds still, so quick download

Yes, good movie, seen it a few times.

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

New action movie just dropped today.

Summary: Tyler Rake is a fearless black market mercenary who embarks on the deadliest mission of his career when
he’s enlisted to rescue the kidnapped son of an international crime lord.

Watched it last night. Non stop action and mostly killing the bad guys. Some great chase scenes and car chases. About an hour and 45 minutes of action and not much dialogue. 15 minutes for the movie credits. A lot of this movie was done here in Thailand. Thousands of names on the credit list.Amazing how many people are involved getting a production  finished.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Watched it last night. Non stop action and mostly killing the bad guys. Some great chase scenes and car chases. About an hour and 45 minutes of action and not much dialogue. 15 minutes for the movie credits. A lot of this movie was done here in Thailand. Thousands of names on the credit list.Amazing how many people are involved getting a production  finished.

Enjoyable, even though the body count gets way over the top, ala John Wick 3.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 9:40 AM, giddyup said:

As the Cinema's are closed --it seems that a lot of movies will be delayed moving to DVD until they have made significant profit at Box office.

........................................................................................................................

Download & stream reports

Is Calm with Horses available as a pirated stream or pirated download?
No, not yet.
When will Calm with Horses officially be available?
As of now, there's no release data announced. This includes official services such as iTunes, Disney+, Blu-Ray or DVD release.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Will27 said:

Just tried episode 1 from Lime and it isn't in English.

Have to wait for it to start appearing I guess.

The season pack has dropped. I just binge watch until my eyeballs are bleeding.

I really hate when the TV / VOD companies do this, I much prefer the anticipation of waiting a week for new series. I think Netflix got it right with this series of “Better Call Saul”.

Edited by recom273