What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

On 4/27/2020 at 8:52 AM, WorriedNoodle said:

Its out in the usual places now.

The acting (Calm With Horses) was OK, but the movie was so slow, in some scenes I thought I'd accidentally hit pause.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New series : The Baker & The Beauty

Only seen the first Ep. What a great show! A light and funny rom-com fairy tale.  ---Nemises

------------------------------------------------------------

Are you American Nemises?  I ask because other than a few exceptions, I don't seem to find a lot of humour in American sit-com. Maybe you feel the same way about the British stuff. The American Crime/Drama & Doco's all fine--usually good stuff.

I was watching Kenny Everett shows last night---still funny (for me) over 20 years old.

No Football---no Boxing--so I am actually catching up on my back log at last..........

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nemises said:

New series : The Baker & The Beauty

Only seen the first Ep. What a great show! A light and funny rom-com fairy tale.

Just watched the first episode - Great show :thumbsup:

Looking forward to future episodes. 

:smile:

• Like 2

The Scottish Bounty Hunter.

I enjoyed this one.

28-year-old Scot Christian Matlock is forging a career as a professional bounty hunter in America. Based in Virginia, he spends his days and nights hunting and apprehending fugitives who have skipped bail. This film follows Christian on the chase, and discovers how a chequered past in Scotland has helped him succeed in this dangerous job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to someone on here I watched "Harry Brown" (Michael Caine). Enjoyed the movie alot even though I had actually seen it before a long time ago, well worth the re-visit.

Also binged watched the 2nd series of After Life from Ricky Gervais, another enjoyable series from him and a great follow up, 6 episodes leaves you wanting more !

• Like 2

The wife and I watched Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn last night... very entertaining if you like that sort of thing.

Lots of action, fast paced, and Margot Robbie... :wub:

On 4/26/2020 at 10:34 AM, giddyup said:

Anyone spotted "Gangs of London" with English subs? From hearing a bit of the first episode it might as well be in Greek to my ears.

English Subs for the complete season 1 are available for download on subscene now.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, faraday said:

Wonderful stuff..........'Uno, dos, tres....'

Absolutely. Three 'firsts' in there too:

Without even watching it I can remember that was the first ever episode and the first joke in the first minute.

• Like 1

Planet of the Humans,an eye opening documentary of how

the Green movement has been taken over by big business,

Banks,for their own agenda,of profit and greed,at any cost.

The shot at the end,2 Orangutans stuck up the last tree

in the forest is heartbreaking and says a thousand words

to what is happening to the World.

regards Worgeordie 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BigStar said:

Billions had two good, credible seasons and a tolerable third. I bailed when the androgynous bald headed "genius" began to drive the plot.

And, after watching the latest, I fear it may continue on a downhill spiral this season too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigStar said:

Billions had two good, credible seasons and a tolerable third. I bailed when the androgynous bald headed "genius" began to drive the plot.

I still enjoy it but must admit I reckon they've gone a season or 2 too long.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigStar said:

After watching the first episode of series 5, it certainly doesn't have the appeal it once had.

The Good Doctor (Original Korean 2013)

vs

The Good Doctor (US series - currently 3 seasons)

Netflix has the original Good Doctor from Korea up an available now. It’s an average watch but miles better than the US version
...An autistic savant becomes a paediatrician and tries to prove himself in the face of conflict with patients and peers. A hot-headed surgeon dislikes him, while he develops an understanding with two other colleagues.