What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Seems I may have missed a few recommended Sci-Fi movies over the years and this seems like a good time to catch up. There is one I haven't managed to find, Simone from 2002, with Al Pacino.

Gamer

Primer

Upstream Color

Idiocracy

Jupiter Ascending

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Primer is one of the best movies ever. Thanks for reminding me about “upstream colour” - I need to watch that.

If you are in a scifi mood - take a look at these:

Edited by recom273

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

The season pack has dropped. I just binge watch until my eyeballs are bleeding.

I really hate when the TV / VOD companies do this, I much prefer the anticipation of waiting a week for new series. I think Netflix got it right with this series of “Better Call Saul”.

I much it prefer when they drop the whole season so I can watch it at my leisure.

I usually don't watch shows once a week anyway.

I store them up and binge watch them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Primer is one of the best movies ever. Thanks for reminding me about “upstream colour” - I need to watch that.

If you are in a scifi mood - take a look at these:

Seen and enjoyed both of those.

• Like 1

I watched an old great movie last night called, "The Professionals" and it stars amongst others, Burt Lancaster, Lee Marvin, Robert Ryan and Jack Palance.

I don't ever recall seeing it so it was new to me, and the quality was excellent, which was most surprising.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I loved it.

With an IMDB score of 8.5, I'm guessing I'm not the only one who did.

I think that because it was dubbed it just didn't give me the feeling the actors were genuine playing their parts. Maybe subtitles would have been better? Who knows?

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I think that because it was dubbed it just didn't give me the feeling the actors were genuine playing their parts. Maybe subtitles would have been better? Who knows?

I don't like the dubbed versions.

Hard coded subs are the way to go IMO.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Anyone spotted "Gangs of London" with English subs? From hearing a bit of the first episode it might as well be in Greek to my ears.

If you watch it with VLC player you can use the equalizer function to improve the audio. I alter it all the time when there are no subs

VLC.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoFaster said:

If you watch it with VLC player you can use the equalizer function to improve the audio. I alter it all the time when there are no subs

Thanks, but I watch it on a big screen TV using the MX player. The subs are also helpful for my Thai partner to understand as well.

Bad Education

Hugh Jackman is usually worth watching.

Summary: Based on a true story, a student reporter starts to trace embezzlement at the Roslyn School District, in Long Island after the assistant superintendent makes a crucial mistake that hints at corruption that spans over a decade.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Thought it was pure garbage.

A 'B' movie at best.

Made worse because a lot of it was in Hindi/Bengali so you had to use subtitles.

I'm not against Subtitles perse but I don't think it added to the movie & I normally have Thai subtitles on so the GF can follow some of the stronger British dialects in the dramas that I tend to watch...

Somebody earlier compared it with John Wick 3, I wouldn't say it was that bad but a C / B- movie at best for me.

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

Made worse because a lot of it was in Hindi/Bengali so you had to use subtitles.

I'm not against Subtitles perse but I don't think it added to the movie & I normally have Thai subtitles on so the GF can follow some of the stronger British dialects in the dramas that I tend to watch...

Somebody earlier compared it with John Wick 3, I wouldn't say it was that bad but a C / B- movie at best for me.

Man, that drove me nuts too - We watched every Hindi/Bengali scene twice. I was expecting a lot more, there seemed to be a lot of flat scenes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New series : The Baker & The Beauty

Only seen the first Ep. What a great show! A light and funny rom-com fairy tale. 

Ol mate the baker lucks out with a very freaking hot, international superstar played by Nathalie Kelley (Australian actress born in Peru). 

Bring it on. Can’t wait to watch this series unfold.