Forum upgrade in progress! ×

What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Went looking for some older western movies and came up with Hombre (Paul Newman), Tom Horn (Steve McQueen) and The Homesman (Tommy Lee Jones) and enjoyed them all.

Also managed to watch Rillington Place (3 episodes) with Tim Roth and Samantha Morton.....Tim Roth plays the very creepy and unusual John Reginald Christie, however found the ending came up a bit short, but good overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Really enjoyed this and I had to laugh, but agree with his (the real Tony Martin) "Bang" anecdote at the end.

The actor who played him is far better than he's given credit for. I saw him play a septic serial killer in an episode of inside number 9 a couple of week ago. He was on par with Hannibal Lecter re putting the fear of christ into an audience ????

Edited by evadgib

Gulliver's travels  with Ted Danson  . Having not read the book my only encounters with the subject was as a child's fairy tail  ,  from disney movies and the such. 

Instead I realised that the original was indeed a commentary on contemporary conventions.  It is in two parts and it comes together at the last part where Dr Gulliver encounters The Yahoos and Houyhnhnms.

All and all an enjoyable three hours.and a good way to spend social distancing. 

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Steve Pemberton 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0671487/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Plays some very sinister (& oddball characters) in The League of Gentlemen 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184135/ 

But that is a "Local TV Show for Local People" (Anybody who's watched the show will get the reference ???? ) 

My wife is Thai and she has watched the series ,she still answers a question about a shop sometimes "oh its a local shop for local people' we both laugh even now all these years later.

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

My wife is Thai and she has watched the series ,she still answers a question about a shop sometimes "oh its a local shop for local people' we both laugh even now all these years later.

Mine was gobsmacked by the scene in the railway carriage - I think from the first episode. She'd never seen anything like it, far too "tallung" for Thai tv.

Informer 3838 2020

Oz TV -Ch 9 last night--4  episodes in 2 parts

The story of criminal barrister-turned police informer Nicola Gobbo and her involvement in the Melbourne gangland killings. part of the Underbelly franchise, with various actors reprising their role from previous series.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11101822/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2020 at 7:19 AM, Will27 said:

Season 2 of Mystery Road has just started.

Episode 1 is on RAR.

Watched Season 1 yesterday. Pretty good with awesome scenery of Australia. Acting pretty good. Overall enjoyed it and will watch season 2

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 2:20 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

Watched 'Flight' Denzil Washington last night...good movie

A couple of good Denzel Washington movies:-

Unstoppable (2010)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477080/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

With an unmanned, half-mile-long freight train barreling toward a city, a veteran engineer and a young conductor race against the clock to prevent a catastrophe

----------------------------------------------------------

Courage Under Fire (1996)

Denzel Washington - Meg Ryan - Matt Damon

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115956/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

A U.S. Army officer, despondent about a deadly mistake he made, investigates a female chopper commander's worthiness for the Medal of Honor.

:thumbsup:

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Almost Paradise .......

Show is pants but the scenery is nice and the female cop has unmissable world class tits.

Disgusting....I like documentaries that are factual and interesting.....but I,ll sneak a peak at this one :cheesy:

On 4/21/2020 at 11:05 AM, GalaxyMan said:

The Last Dance on ESPN, the Michael Jordan story. Really good first two episodes. Can't wait for more.

I'm not a basketball fan but the first 2 episodes of this were great.

Watched a documentary on ITV entitled, "Fishing for love: how to catch a Thai bride" and it was fascinating and at the same time disturbing after a fashion.

One thing I didn't see much of in the whole doco was happiness and when it ended I couldn't get it out of my mind for a while.

I won't go into too much detail here otherwise it might spoil it, but looking back on it made me feel a little morose.

Check on the net where to see it or trawl through the itv shows (Storyville).

Would love to see some feedback here...............

[[Template core/front/global/userPhoto is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]