What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Haven't seen it but Mel Gibson's latest is out there.

Summary: A gang of thieves plan a heist during a hurricane and encounter trouble when a cop tries to force everyone in the building to evacuate.

I watched the first few minutes.

Low production values, looks like it was done on the cheap.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, touch said:

Does anyone know how to become a member at TV Chaos? 

I joined because someone gave me his bonus points ,but from what i read now you have to be donated 25000 points to get a membership ,so it looks as if they do not want or need any new people ,by the way its a good site , but sorry i do not have anywhere near enough points to donate .

1 hour ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Thanks Daffy, but ur link and two others I tried from Tom's hardware( 5.14 ) and filehippo all had the same installation error, summat to do with entry point missing in a dll file.

So now I am playing with demo version of movavi.

I'll edit in my results.

It seems the demo movavi was only for audio, not video, can't find a trial version of that.

I did all that in VLC ivorbiggun and the video is still stuck/frozen, audio is fine.

In GOM Player I getting the spinning wheel, and I am getting fed up.

You seem to have a lot going on, probably confusing your computer :w00t:

Have you done a clean up recently ? Try CCleaner free  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Are you up to date with Windows updates?

Have you got the latest version of VLCPlayer?

Do a Google for the .dll file, just enter the name of missing dll file into the  Google search box.

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, bert bloggs said:

I joined because someone gave me his bonus points ,but from what i read now you have to be donated 25000 points to get a membership ,so it looks as if they do not want or need any new people ,by the way its a good site , but sorry i do not have anywhere near enough points to donate .

I've been a long time member but since they changed to the (improved:w00t:) set up I can't understand most of the all new whistles and bells they've got, so all I do now is just download and then seed as long as possible.

If you are right about the bonus points needed for an invite I don't have enough either  

Solly  :sad:

• Like 1

Watched the latest film with Ben Affleck, "The Way Back" and it was enjoyable up to a point, as the same plot has been done a few times before, but I do like Ben Affleck so that made a difference.

Having said that, he does have his detractors, but just in case anyone hasn't seen it, one of his better and more enjoyable movies (although his acting was also panned in that, although I believe the was playing true to role) is, "Live by Night" and I watched it more than a couple of times.

Can highly recommend it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

I've been a long time member but since they changed to the (improved:w00t:) set up I can't understand most of the all new whistles and bells they've got, so all I do now is just download and then seed as long as possible.

If you are right about the bonus points needed for an invite I don't have enough either  

Yeah it seems very hard to get in but I've sent them a message anyway and asked to be let in. Not really holding my breath. 

Does anyone have an alternative site to download Klem (The Blood Pact)? 

2 hours ago, touch said:

Yeah it seems very hard to get in but I've sent them a message anyway and asked to be let in. Not really holding my breath. 

Does anyone have an alternative site to download Klem (The Blood Pact)? 

Did a search on "Torrenz2" using "The Blood Pact" got a couple of hits on "YourBittorrent" and "Torrentfunk2"  and the download has stated downloading at just over 1MB/s.

Looks promising but don't get too exited as some times obscure Torrents get stuck and you never get whole file.  :sad:

Just had a thought, there was no information with these downloads so this maybe a different "The Blood Pact"  :w00t:

Edited by Daffy D

1 hour ago, Daffy D said:

Did a search on "Torrenz2" using "The Blood Pact" got a couple of hits on "YourBittorrent" and "Torrentfunk2"  and the download has stated downloading at just over 1MB/s.

Looks promising but don't get too exited as some times obscure Torrents get stuck and you never get whole file.  :sad:

Just had a thought, there was no information with these downloads so this maybe a different "The Blood Pact"  :w00t:

Don't confuse it with Blood Pact AKA Pacto de Sangue which is a very good Brazilian series.

20 hours ago, Daffy D said:

I got a reply from TV Chaos and they'll give me an invite when the new batch of invites goes out. I don't know when that'll be though, but something to look forward too. If someone else wants to contact them, they answered pretty quickly vi message on their Facebook page.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Hmm strange I don't get any results at all for searching either Klem or The Blood Pact. What did you end up getting downloaded. The Dutch series or something else?

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Colditz  is a 1972 TV series on youtube and is very good

The Salisibury poisonings    three part TV series is also very good indeed

agree very good. at the moment i am looking back and watching series from some years ago ,The Stand Stephen king, Whitechapel ,detective series ,Wycliffe detective series  ,as an added bonus the are not full of PC claptrap that is included just to be "modern"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Hmm strange I don't get any results at all for searching either Klem or The Blood Pact. What did you end up getting downloaded. The Dutch series or something else?

Yea!  A Brazilian series.  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6742610/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Has 8 episodes with choice of English audio and English subs. IMDB gives it a 6.8 rating, looks quite good and now that I've got it may as well put it in "Watch Later" folder.  :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, xylophone said:

Watched the latest film with Ben Affleck, "The Way Back" and it was enjoyable up to a point, as the same plot has been done a few times before, but I do like Ben Affleck so that made a difference.

Having said that, he does have his detractors, but just in case anyone hasn't seen it, one of his better and more enjoyable movies (although his acting was also panned in that, although I believe the was playing true to role) is, "Live by Night" and I watched it more than a couple of times.

Can highly recommend it.

I like Affleck too, and agree if you like an actor it makes a difference (usually anyway)

Never heard of these 2, will look them up.

'The Town' 'The Accountant' 'Gone Girl' are 3 of his I like and all fairly recent.

19 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

I like Affleck too, and agree if you like an actor it makes a difference (usually anyway)

Never heard of these 2, will look them up.

'The Town' 'The Accountant' 'Gone Girl' are 3 of his I like and all fairly recent.

Seems like we have similar tastes as I also liked the movies you mentioned........in that case you are going to love "Live by night".

10 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Seems like we have similar tastes as I also liked the movies you mentioned........in that case you are going to love "Live by night".

Just had a quick peep at them both and actually think the way back looks better.

I think his best film may be Changing Lanes.

27 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

Just had a quick peep at them both and actually think the way back looks better.

I think his best film may be Changing Lanes.

Please stay with Live by Night, as a few plot changes, and several underlying plots on the offing......stick with the slow start and a good ending, and includes the KKK!!!

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Please stay with Live by Night, as a few plot changes, and several underlying plots on the offing......stick with the slow start and a good ending, and includes the KKK!!!

When I said peep I meant read up about them. Will get around to it but haven't been in a movie watching mood of late, got a few downloaded waiting to view.

• Like 1

Also starting tomorrow is S2 of NOS4A2.

"Based on Joe Hill's New York Times best-selling novel of the same name, "NOS4A2" is a different kind of vampire story. It follows Vic McQueen, a gifted young woman who discovers she has a supernatural ability to find lost things. This ability puts her on a collision course with the evil and immortal Charlie Manx. Manx is a supernatural villain who feeds off the souls of children and then deposits what remains of them into Christmasland -- a twisted place of Manx's imagination where every day is Christmas Day and unhappiness is against the law. Vic strives to defeat Manx and rescue his victims -- without losing her mind or falling victim to him."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

One for @Will27 I suspect.....

Be interested to see if there's anything new on the Manson family, it's been pretty much done to death over the years.

Edited by giddyup