What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

On 6/19/2020 at 9:19 AM, OneeyedJohn said:

Thanks Daffy, but ur link and two others I tried from Tom's hardware( 5.14 ) and filehippo all had the same installation error, summat to do with entry point missing in a dll file.

So now I am playing with demo version of movavi.

I'll edit in my results.

It seems the demo movavi was only for audio, not video, can't find a trial version of that.

I did all that in VLC ivorbiggun and the video is still stuck/frozen, audio is fine.

In GOM Player I getting the spinning wheel, and I am getting fed up.

Have you tried using Kodi?

6 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

Have you tried using Kodi?

Is Kodi good again nowadays? I used to use it years ago but it got to the point where you couldn't find anything on it so I gave up.

Can you share which Repository(s) you use?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Is Kodi good again nowadays? I used to use it years ago but it got to the point where you couldn't find anything on it so I gave up.

Can you share which Repository(s) you use?

I was actually referring to "vanilla" Kodi as a media player for OEJ's problems with his mkv files.

I quite often find that VLC will have out-of-sync issues between the soundtrack and the video with mp4 files in particular.

Even altering the sound track delay (up to ±1000ms) in VLC sometimes cannot reconcile the difference.

With Kodi I never have a problem. :partytime2:

As far as Kodi video addons and repos are concerned, you can't get much better than Venom and Numbers... although to get the best of everything try using the Xanax build... it's got the lot! Plus, it is regularly updated.

But that's off-topic so we'll discontinue that discussion... :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 12:08 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

Good 2017 doco about this bunch... available online.

Would help if they'd did it in English subs. Honestly I stopped watching after 15 minutes. I really wanted to get into this. It attracted me because it reminded me of the 'Macc Lads'. Unfortunately nowhere near like them. Sorry not for me. In fact thats' a cue for me to dig up some videos of them. All is not lost. Cheers.

I haven't used KickAss for quite a while, used to be good---but after it got closed it in 2016, was fairly hopeless. but lately friends have been telling me its up--really fast now, with a good Data base.

Tried it and their right----if nothing else its good to have another outlet when pirates --or others go down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I was actually referring to "vanilla" Kodi as a media player for OEJ's problems with his mkv files.

Agree, I use 'vanilla' Kodi for all my downloaded stuff, always works where sometimes VLC doesn't. Nice user interface with the database interface and TV show or Movie synopsis that VLC can provide as well.

• Like 1

OK thought about this last night & I didn't want anyone to make a mistake with this one..............

So......explanation.....there are 2 companies here---The one below the line --you must keep away from, if you tick the big download button , they will then ask you to join ...Name /age etc and Credit card number.....Not that they will ever use (they say) it is just to verify who you are. Above the line is the KickASS two downloading links........Magnet and other.....Magnet best...no need to join just use one of them-- the links for me have been fast......... downloads all up to date.....has a large back library....(My friend watched the latest Marcella---wanted to see the first 2 which are 2016 ---KAT had them with plenty of seeds.

706988113_Screenshot_2020-06-26DownloadYouShouldHaveLeft2020720pWEBRip800MBx264-GalaxyRGTorrent-KickassTorrents.png.42c6202151ac1fa3f2886ca12edc4cf2.png

• Like 1

For about the last month or so I have been watching on & off episodes of  ---Reeling in the years--its a great program, (series) I didn't bother to post on it as I didn't think it would be available anywhere other than Chaos. (12 GiG) But surfing around looking for something else, I see Yotube have about 70-80% of it.

They take each year from 1962--2009 and give 26 minuets to go over whats newsworthy in that year. Its made by the Irish, so yes, some of it leans that way, but all major world events are covered---- they overlay it with the music from that year...(as a background---still get the sound track)

It was voted in Ireland as the best TV program ever. and IMDB  gives 9.2 

I find its great as a filler---I want something light for 25 min.... having lunch or whatever don't want to get into a 2 hour movie etc...just pick a year, you can dart about all over the place --there not connected.

Its not a heavy news program--there's no narration, just the sound track of the event---the early ones are in Black/white of course....I just had breakfast watching  1963--and listening to    "The Night Has a Thousand Eyes"  -Duke of Earl.. etc

If you don't like it then  25 minutes of your life gone.....I certainly have wasted more on some recommendations from here.................:coffee1:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476108/?ref_=tt_ov_inf

**FYI-- if your taking from Youtube some will come up with a black screen or printed not allowed in this region, just leave it on for about 30 seconds--it Usually then picks up your in Asia...and lets it play

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

As a follow up to "sanuk771" post No.1152, unless you download from a private site (one you HAVE to join) like TVChaos or Torrent Day then you should only download using the Magnet link.

Most sites now have a magnet link option so should be no problem. If you do click on a non Magnet link and it does not go straight to the download you want, leave it and try somewhere else. 

FYI Windows 10 has it's own "Sandbox" option so you could always use that to test any dodgy downloads.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

FYI Windows 10 has it's own "Sandbox" option so you could always use that to test any dodgy downloads.

No I didn't know about windows sandbox......does it also speed up the download....... I will look for it.

Thanks..........

38 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No I didn't know about windows sandbox......does it also speed up the download....... I will look for it.

Thanks..........

No mate, it's just somewhere isolated from your system to download and test a file to see if it's safe without any chance of infecting your computer.

Perhaps you were thinking of "Seedbox" which some use to help with their downloads.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Perhaps you were thinking of "Seedbox" which some use to help with their downloads.

Yes...they mention them a lot on Chaos....seems like most of them use it-----still sandbox will come in handy, some of the files I get sent....thanks again

When you wasted time watching a mediocre movie, just re-watch a Coen brothers directed-movie to raise the bar again a couple of miles.

As far as I know they haven't made one movie not worth watching, ranging from hilarious action-comedies to utter dark crime movies.

My favorites:

- The Big Lebowski, with Jeff 'the dude' Bridges and John Goodman;

- No Country for Old Men, with Tommy-Lee Jones and Javier Bardem as the deranged hired killer;

- The Fargo series, especially series 1 with Martin Freeman 'breaking bad' and Billy Bob Thornton as the chilling hit-man.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Their No.1 "The Assistant" was woke garbage ........ not even worth fast forwarding through.

"Bad Education", a B movie by anyone's standards, 5 bloods .... too ethnic.

Don't think there's one movie on that list I want to see.

2020 has been an awful year for movies IMHO, just like 2019.

Did watch "The Unforgiven" again last night, Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman were brilliant.

Why can't they make movies like that today?

Can't believe that movie is 30 years old.

Maybe I'll watch American Beauty or Fight Club again tonight.

Watch Leon again. Here's a few you may not have seen:

The Lives of Others (2006)

The Skin I Live In (2011)

Lion (2016)

Oldboy (2003)

On 6/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, IvorBiggun2 said:

Would help if they'd did it in English subs. Honestly I stopped watching after 15 minutes. I really wanted to get into this. It attracted me because it reminded me of the 'Macc Lads'. Unfortunately nowhere near like them. Sorry not for me. In fact thats' a cue for me to dig up some videos of them. All is not lost. Cheers.

The Macc Lads........now that was a good band.

9 hours ago, stouricks said:

The Macc Lads........now that was a good band.

It sure was and the memories came flooding back on watching them on YT. I can't believe how they looked then to how they are now. Irrespective they were brilliant.

• Like 1

Gods and Generals 2003 with Robert Duvall as Robert E Lee. Over 3 and a half hours long tale of the civil war concentrating on Stonewall Jackson. Had he lived possibly the war might have had a different outcome,

• Like 2

Aber Bergen

Just started watching this one and it's quite good.
Available on TPB with hardcoded subs.

Summary: Divorced Norwegian defense attorneys Erik Aber and Elea Bergen balance their personal relationship with their professional partnership in this entertaining, unorthodox legal drama, set and filmed in Bergen.

• Thanks 1