What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

One movie that sort of slunk into obscurity after a limited release, and starring Johnny Depp (of whom I am not particularly fond) is worth looking out for those who want something different.

The movie is called "Dead Man" (not to be confused with the movie dead man walking) and is in black-and-white and had a cult following, and still has as far as I know.

The musical score is by Neil Young, and the film is by Jim Jarmusch, and is western-themed film.

Different and memorable, for that very reason.

8 hours ago, touch said:

Sounds good. Would you mind pm or posting a link, I might as well watch that one whilst my search for Klem, The Blood Pact, continues 

Had a job finding the links again. Happens quite often when looking for something, one day it's there and next it's gone :sad:.

Anyway found the links and as one is not allowed to post those kind of links on here have PM them to you. 

:smile:

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Do you know which series is showing?

Sorry, I don't. I'm just going through it episide by episode, season by seasin. Well worth watching. They cover some cases which have been in the news. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, djayz said:
22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Sorry, I don't. I'm just going through it episide by episode, season by seasin. Well worth watching. They cover some cases which have been in the news. 

OK, thanks. I've seen S01-S05.

I've just checked and S06 was originally listed to be shown this year.

According to the Radio Times S06 started filming this year, but stopped due to Covid.

Looks like it must earlier series on Netflix at the moment.

9 hours ago, bluesofa said:

OK, thanks. I've seen S01-S05.

I've just checked and S06 was originally listed to be shown this year.

According to the Radio Times S06 started filming this year, but stopped due to Covid.

Looks like it must earlier series on Netflix at the moment.

Yes, for some reason Netflix (In Thailand anyway) only has S01-04, but other streaming apps (HD CInema, TYphoon etc...) have all 5 seasons (S05 came out in March 2019) 

Love the show & looking forward to Season 6 

Edit: Quick check via VPN & it looks like Netflix UK only has 4 seasons also

Edited by Mike Teavee

13 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Had a job finding the links again. Happens quite often when looking for something, one day it's there and next it's gone :sad:.

Anyway found the links and as one is not allowed to post those kind of links on here have PM them to you. 

:smile:

Hi DD got it thank you!!

13 hours ago, bluesofa said:

There are 5 seasons last one aired in early 2019. I have read that there will be a season 6 but not when as with corona hard to say.

Ooops I did not read all postings and I wrote this before reading all

Edited by longball53098
oopps

On another note I just finished season 2 of the cop show "Bulletproof". Very entertaining and action packed following these maverick cops run around chasing bad guys BUT what a difference between this show and an actual procedure show like "Line of Duty". The way the entire police force does their jobs in Bulletproof is so far from anything real world it is almost comical and sad too.

11 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Just watched an excellent doco called "Tread" about an aggrieved guy who goes on a rampage in an armoured bulldozer and takes out half a town. Available in the usual places.

Probably somewhat inspired by the 1993 Michael Douglas movie 'Falling Down'.

Downloaded the following movies, and watched 5 minutes of each. Inheritance, Penance Lane, Ruthless People, The Quarry, You should have left,

Got halfway through The Eastern Front before thinking 'Why am I watching this ????'

The Salisbury Poisonings and Animal Kingdom are OK.

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Probably somewhat inspired by the 1993 Michael Douglas movie 'Falling Down'.

Did Michael Douglas have a bulldozer?

57 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Downloaded the following movies, and watched 5 minutes of each. Inheritance, Penance Lane, Ruthless People, The Quarry, You should have left,

Got halfway through The Eastern Front before thinking 'Why am I watching this ????'

The Salisbury Poisonings and Animal Kingdom are OK.

I thought the same about You Should Have Left.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, giddyup said:

Just watched an excellent doco called "Tread" about an aggrieved guy who goes on a rampage in an armoured bulldozer and takes out half a town. Available in the usual places.

Thanks for that.

Just finished it and really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

Boring!  Most of the movie is taken up by a bunch of rednecks in small backwoods town spouting on at length about the guy who drove the bulldozer and destroyed a portion of the town.

The only interesting part of the whole movie was the last few moments as he prepared the dozer and then his rampage round town, and even that was lacking in any interesting detail.

Thumbs down emoji

41 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Boring!  Most of the movie is taken up by a bunch of rednecks in small backwoods town spouting on at length about the guy who drove the bulldozer and destroyed a portion of the town.

The only interesting part of the whole movie was the last few moments as he prepared the dozer and then his rampage round town, and even that was lacking in any interesting detail.

Thumbs down emoji

Stick to your Steven Seagal movies.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Steven Seagull.! never seen a good movie from him. Sharps Siege is not too bad. Wellington in France plot. Ide score it 5/10

He keeps churning out rubbish movies though, so someone must be watching them.

Interesting reality series  "High Arctic Haulers"  -https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11458672/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0.

Near the top of the world, there's a place so remote that only the toughest dare stay. To live in the Arctic you must be resilient, resourceful and willing to beat the odds. Once a year, the Arctic gambles on the Sealift - an armada of cargo ships packed with supplies the land doesn't provide. High Arctic Haulers is a factual series that tracks the perilous journey of the Sealift - the annual mission to resupply the North.

Available on RARBG and possibly elsewise  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Documentary - The Lost Boys of Bucks County

Found this really good true crime doco on RARBG.

Summary: When four young men mysteriously disappear from Bucks County, Pennsylvania, the entire nation is left wondering what became of them. Police join forces and follow the clues, leading them straight to a troubled killer with no regard for human life.

• Thanks 1