What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2020)

CharlieH

Years ago i watched a series called talking heads ,by Alan Benett,its just an actor sitting there telling a story ,they were really good ,now there is a new series of it out ,boy they are superb ,i am transfixed watching them ,up to no 4 ,just watched Judy Cromer ,all i can say is Wow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Athlete A

Thought this was excellent.

Summary: An August 2016 article in the Indianapolis Star about USA Gymnastics protecting coaches accused of abuse leads to the explosive revelation that the USAG women’s team doctor, Larry Nassar, had been abusing athletes for over two decades. This film follows the IndyStar reporters as they reveal the extensive cover-up that allowed abuse to thrive within elite-level gymnastics for more than two decades, the attorney who is fighting the institutions that failed these athletes, and most importantly, the brave whistle-blowers who refuse to be silenced.

Came across a movie called "Snowden" which was released in 2015, however I don't ever recall seeing it, so I downloaded it and enjoyed it.

I suppose the content and the outcome will be a bit divisive as to whether he was right or wrong in doing what he did, but that's up to the viewer!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, and just for the record the original version of the "Magnificent Seven" is available on BBC iPlayer and I managed to watch it the other day, and I have to say the quality was very good and it was enjoyable to see this old classic again.

33 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Stranger things was for children.

Dark has a naked couple having sex in the first 5 minutes of episode 1.

I just noticed recently how many movies kick off with a couple bonking. It seems almost obligatory and usually adds nothing to the movie except titillation.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thanks, Could you narrow it down a bit, I don't want to waste two or three minutes......

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Will27 said:

Summary: I’ll Be Gone in the Dark is a new six-part documentary series based on the book of the same name, which explores writer Michelle McNamara’s investigation into the dark world of a violent predator she dubbed the Golden State Killer.

Yer it should be good will27

Its a pity she didn't finish book, or live long enough to see the real life ending (Sshhh)---cant believe everyone doesn't know what happened to one of Americas biggest series killers...but just in case....(SShh)  . So after she accidentally died in her sleep from an overdose,  husband took two crime writers & finished it, Then sold it  for a lots & lots of money.--& married again......

I do love a happy ending.......................:coffee1:

FYI--you can hear it narrated on youtube

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

gosh i must have missed that ,lol but managed to see the nice boobs in ep 3 ,not that i was looking ,i am woke ,so looked away .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

New Vs Old, I have been watching old Noir detectives and Westerns lately,

and have noticed i can clearly hear what the actors are saying,where in new

movies and series i have difficulty hearing them,there seems to be a lot

of mumbling going on, dialog difficult to understand, so i have to use subtitles.

Another thing i find irritating into days movies and series, is some of them 

going back and forward in the story line, or starting at the end and going back

to the beginning, much prefer a story starting and ending.

Good documentary, Lost cities of the Amazon, they are finding places

were civisations lived 1000's of years ago, and at one time maybe 10 million

people living there.......until the Spanish showed up.

regards worgeordie

Whilst I completely agree with you & can remember switching off Hannibal because I couldn't understand half of what Mads Mikkelsen was saying, the flip side is I was watching a movie with Terence Stamp in it the other day & couldn't help but feel it was all about the elocution (I was minded of Brian Blessed booming out lines on stage) & the "Acting" part sort of took 2nd place (before anybody asks, I'm sorry I can't remember which movie it was) - I guess it's a fine balance between the 2 & today's movies/shows have gone too far over the other way. 

Thank god for subtitles (& thanks again to whoever mentioned Still Game, loved it)  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

{snipped}

Good documentary, Lost cities of the Amazon, they are finding places

were civisations lived 1000's of years ago, and at one time maybe 10 million

people living there.......until the Spanish showed up.

regards worgeordie

Can you give us some more info on his one?

I see there's a Nat Geo. doco from ten years ago with that name.

Or is it a series that's on at the moment? I see there's E01 & E02 already on tpb. If it's this one, do you know how many episodes?

Thanks

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Can you give us some more info on his one?

I see there's a Nat Geo. doco from ten years ago with that name.

Or is it a series that's on at the moment? I see there's E01 & E02 already on tpb. If it's this one, do you know how many episodes?

Thanks

Well it was new to me, I suspect if it was from 10 years ago all episodes

would be out,but as you say only 2 so far.

regards worgeordie

52 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Well it was new to me, I suspect if it was from 10 years ago all episodes

would be out,but as you say only 2 so far.

regards worgeordie

Lost Cities Of The Amazon

I can see it's apparently on Science channel. There's a couple results about the series generally, but none say how many episodes it will be. Can't find an entry on IMDB.

Just have to hope someone keeps putting it on tpb.

Dateline.Secrets.Uncovered.S09E02..................12.Minutes.On.Elm.Street

Most Dateline episodes are so-so...... this is one of the better ones IMO.  a few years old but there are still 3 copies on Rarg

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

New Vs Old, I have been watching old Noir detectives and Westerns lately,

and have noticed i can clearly hear what the actors are saying,where in new

movies and series i have difficulty hearing them,there seems to be a lot

of mumbling going on, dialog difficult to understand, so i have to use subtitles.

Yea! Me too :sad:

Must be an age thing  :whistling:

Luckily if you look hard enough subs are available for most movies these days  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daffy D said:

Yea! Me too :sad:

Must be an age thing  :whistling:

Luckily if you look hard enough subs are available for most movies these days  :thumbsup:

Netflix is worth the subscription for the subtitles alone, especially if (like me) you're trying to learn to be able to read Thai 

Stuart A Life Backwards

Found this one on RARBG the other day.
Thought it was really good.

Summary: A writer takes a backwards look at the life of his unlikely friend Stuart, a homeless alcoholic who experienced a traumatic event in his childhood.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:51 PM, BritManToo said:

Wasn't for children. Didn't need a naked couple as a gimmick to create interest.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1