44 transport mega projects in store this year

webfact

44 transport mega projects in store this year

129ef4718e6e07334002decfc3713131_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) -The Ministry of Transport is proceeding with the 2020 megaprojects investment plan covering 44 projects, with work on 17 already commenced followng approveal by the Cabinet.

The Minister of Transport, Saksayam Chidchob has provided an update on 2021 fiscal year budget planning, in which he has ordered agencies under his supervision to take the national strategy as a framework and a guide for budgeting, and to set clear priorities to prevent redundancies. Agencies are asked to review their budget requests and submit a revised one by 3rd January 2020.

For 2020, the Ministry of the Interior now has 44 transportation investment projects planned at a cost of 1.94 trillion baht. These projects include those approved by the Cabinet and currently under construction; projects approved by the Cabinet and now in preparation; projects approved by the public–private partnership policy committee pending final approval from the Cabinet, and projects pending a proposal to the Cabinet.

17 projects under construction come with 0.78 trillion baht total budget, including three intercity highways, phase 1 dual track railway construction of seven lines for a total of 993 kilometers, the MRT Orange Line’s eastern sector between the Thailand Cultural Center and Minburi, the MRT Pink Line’s Khae Rai - Minburi section, the MRT Yellow Line project’s Lad Phrao - Samrong section, and the SRT Red Line commuter railway’s Bang Sue - Rangsit and Bang Sue - Taling Chan sections.

The Ministry of Finance is also proceeding with the High Speed Railway Bangkok - Nakhon Ratchasima section where 14 separate contracts have been drafted for the project, with construction already in progress under two contracts. The project is now proceeding with consideration by the Council of State regarding payment for ALRO lands.

nnt.jpg

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Agencies are asked to review their budget requests and submit a revised one by 3rd January 2020.

Blimey, talk about short notice to review budgets!

Has someone bothered to look at the bottom line of the ministatement all of a sudden?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Yeah great !  More roads for people to die on. Wasting money on some of the projects so they can say "Look what I done"  Absolutely no money or help for the poor people. maybe a few hundred baht handed out now and again but thats no help.  No investments in farming or training. TIT  !

Thailand should not looking forward to be an agriculture country. It has a lot of infrastructure backlog and closing that gap is definitively needed. Do you really think Bangkok does not require an improved mass transit system???

4 hours ago, zyphodb said:

Just think of all the backhanders to be got from them...

That, my friend is doubtless what the government and it's lackeys are thinking of. All that money, all that baksheesh. If they had any imagination, they'd be scared poopless at what's coming, but TiT.

• Thanks 1

Sorry but megga projects lol! What about the bullet train sorry the high speed train opps I meant the fast train no, no, no I mean the faster than 50kmph train mmm did I say freight train from China shhhhhhh let's not talk about it maybe people will forget. Let's build a couple of km of track and sing a song about our success.... Pathetic. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scot123 said:

Sorry but megga projects lol! What about the bullet train sorry the high speed train opps I meant the fast train no, no, no I mean the faster than 50kmph train mmm did I say freight train from China shhhhhhh let's not talk about it maybe people will forget. Let's build a couple of km of track and sing a song about our success.... Pathetic. 

True, but flash always trumps useful with this lot. Check out the useful submarines... and the buses. and the tanks, and the barrage balloon. Hardly a distinguished track record before you start thinking about railways, but still the Thai hoi polloi tolerates them. I mean, really - Prayuth... the beggar's hardly coherent on a good day, on a bad day it's downright grisly.

Som nam na.

• Like 1

looking forward to the high speed train, a day out for a meal in Bangkok, tucked back in bed by 10pm wonderful, not a toot of my horn or a near miss, no wear on my tyres 

and after the first costing will know if I have saved, or just break even given the cost of my mud crab dinner.

13 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Yeah great !  More roads for people to die on. Wasting money on some of the projects so they can say "Look what I done"  Absolutely no money or help for the poor people. maybe a few hundred baht handed out now and again but thats no help.  No investments in farming or training. TIT  !

You don't think major intercity highways will improve safety? When did farming and training become infrastructure? This is the Ministry of Transport speaking. I don't think they cover farming.

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how many have Chinese backing?

Quite a few I would imagine. The Chinese are the world leader in infrastructure projects. It would make perfect sense.

10 hours ago, mickey rat said:

No mention of installing more traffic lights on the main highway phet kasem and subsequent traffic jams wasted fuel, accidents, etc..  that follow. Thailand hub of red lights and traffic jams. 

That's a major project is it? Reducing traffic lights on one road?

As an aside, when 2008 rolled around and American financial impropriety brought the world economy to it's knees, the Chinese threw billions at infrastructure projects. That didn't work out too badly.

• Thanks 1