Comedian Rosie Jones shocks viewers with ‘disgusting’ and ‘totally inappropriate’ Greta Thunberg joke

snoop1130

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

No comment on the joke....but boy, I really can't stand that Greta freak !...(yes, I know, it's mean...

https://qz.com/1719873/greta-thunberg-comes-under-attack-from-misogynistic-men/

"Greta Thunberg obviously scares some men silly. The bullying of the teenager by conservative middle-aged men has taken on a grim, almost hysterical edge. And some of them are reaching deep into the misogynist’s playbook to divert focus from her message."

If the cap fits, wear it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Salerno said:

I thought comedy was supposed to be funny ????‍♂️

It is. And being offensive is often funny. If you have super thin skin stay home, or do not turn on the TV. Tune out. You are not prepared for the world. Grow thicker skin. Develop some self esteem. Do what it takes to be a functional human being. Stop complaining about being offended. it is so inane, so weak, so pathetic. Man up, please.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

A sixteen year old girl with autism leaves school to promote her beliefs on the international stage (or most likely her pushy has-been parents told her to do it) and then complains when a mild joke is made about her? Sorry, you can't have it both ways - unlimited publicity and unlimited private life - you (or your parents) made that choice. Celebs who seek and hunger after publicity but then complain because "they have no private life".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nglodnig said:

A sixteen year old girl with autism leaves school to promote her beliefs on the international stage (or most likely her pushy has-been parents told her to do it) and then complains when a mild joke is made about her? Sorry, you can't have it both ways - unlimited publicity and unlimited private life - you (or your parents) made that choice. Celebs who seek and hunger after publicity but then complain because "they have no private life".

When did Greta Thunberg complain? (link please).

Pushy parents? If you knew anything about her story you'd know the opposite was true.

"Greta Thunberg obviously scares some men silly. The bullying of the teenager by conservative middle-aged men has taken on a grim, almost hysterical edge. And some of them are reaching deep into the misogynist’s playbook to divert focus from her message."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is. And being offensive is often funny. If you have super thin skin stay home, or do not turn on the TV. Tune out. You are not prepared for the world. Grow thicker skin. Develop some self esteem. Do what it takes to be a functional human being. Stop complaining about being offended. it is so inane, so weak, so pathetic. Man up, please.

There's offensive funny, and offensive unfunny and disgusting. You seem to be impaired in terms of picking the difference, along with other warped posters.

Which leads me to the question - just how functional a human being are you?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's offensive funny, and offensive unfunny and disgusting. You seem to be impaired in terms of picking the difference, along with other warped posters.

Which leads me to the question - just how functional a human being are you?

I am far more functional than those with very thin skin. Nothing wrong with offensive humor. Disgusting is in the eyes of the beholder and is highly subjective. The issue is with the weak kneed people who allow themselves to be offended by the humor and virtually everything else people say and do, from the time they get up in the morning to the time they attempt to get rest in the evening, with their minds swirling from perceived offense. So, how functional are they?

Comedy is supposed to be offensive. But many of those in this weak and highly PC world of ours cannot see it and prefer to be offended. What a way to live. 

• Like 1

Let's not forget one of the most banned singer/song writers was George Formby, the BBC banned some of his songs and some of the content too, My Little Stick of Blackpool Rock was one where one verses in particular was deemed to be a threat to the morals of the nation. It seems astonishing that this would be to found offensive over 80 years ago. The verse in question.........

"With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I stroll
In the ballroom I went dancing each night
No wonder every girl that danced with me, stuck to me tight".

A memo from the committee, dated 1946, said although the song was not banned: "We do, however, know, and so does Formby, that certain lines in the lyric must not be broadcast."

Edited by vogie

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am far more functional than those with very thin skin. Nothing wrong with offensive humor. Disgusting is in the eyes of the beholder and is highly subjective. The issue is with the weak kneed people who allow themselves to be offended by the humor and virtually everything else people say and do, from the time they get up in the morning to the time they attempt to get rest in the evening, with their minds swirling from perceived offense. So, how functional are they?

Comedy is supposed to be offensive. But many of those in this weak and highly PC world of ours cannot see it and prefer to be offended. What a way to live. 

So convince me you are functional. What is your daily alcohol intake? Do you smoke? Do you do any recreational drugs? Are you able to hold down a full-time job? Do you have a successful long-term relationship with anyone of either sex?

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

So convince me you are functional. What is your daily alcohol intake? Do you smoke? Do you do any recreational drugs? Are you able to hold down a full-time job? Do you have a successful long-term relationship with anyone of either sex?

I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I do not do any drugs. I have my own successful business. And been with the same lovely woman for over a decade. Happy now, busybody?

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

I don’t drink. I don’t smoke. I do not do any drugs. I have my own successful business. And been with the same lovely woman for over a decade. Happy now, busybody?

Assuming you are not lying, which is easy to do behind a keyboard, impressive. However, that does not mean people like me that differ in opinion are any less functional than you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Assuming you are not lying, which is easy to do behind a keyboard, impressive. However, that does not mean people like me that differ in opinion are any less functional than you.

Was I the one who made the accusation to begin with? You were the one to suggest my lack of "functionality", so your thin skin is unwarranted.

My last comment on this topic. I can tell I am being baited. Very boring. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Was I the one who made the accusation to begin with? You were the one to suggest my lack of "functionality", so your thin skin is unwarranted.

My last comment on this topic. I can tell I am being baited. Very boring. 

Yes you did. Your post #95 stated " Do what it takes to be a functional human being". I followed that up.

Perhaps your functionality does not include short term memory.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:06 PM, jimmybcool said:

Oh my god.  Is that supposed to be funny?  There wasn't anything remotely funny.  It was sad that the other cast members were laughing at it.

Tacky, tasteless, crass and vulgar. Sounds like that woman has been copying Donald himself.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Tacky, tasteless, crass and vulgar. Sounds like that woman has been copying Donald himself.

I am no fan of Trumps speeches or tweets.  So you can't troll me there.  I've watched it 3 times now.  Not the inkling of a giggle.  Do I hate UK humor?  Hmm.  Well by accident Holy Grail was on last night.  Love the last part - Bobby telling warrior "that's an offensive weapon ".  Weird but funny movie.  Loved Benny Hill.  Fawlty Towers.  Black Adder.  Mr Bean (not a huge fan of that show but like him in his later work).  

As I said I don't feel outrage cause I don't ugh care for Greta in the first place.  There just isn't anything remotely funny about it.  Opinions vary.

On 1/4/2020 at 2:16 AM, DannyCarlton said:

https://qz.com/1719873/greta-thunberg-comes-under-attack-from-misogynistic-men/

If the cap fits, wear it.

And of course some others here, ready to fingerpoint on fellow posters and troll due to some hidden insecurity issues,  are just plain reincarnations of male perfection...????

There is a whole sub-genre of comedians who knowingly go too far, too crude, too vulgar.  In days of olde such comedians would be announcers at strip tease shows, and this might still be the case in some countries -- I know they still have these in Buenos Aires and Rio. You probably won't see them on non-cable TV in the US.  They may not even be funny, but they could come out with something that shocks you into a laugh.  E.g. in the 1990s an infamous radio personality has a famous ultra-humorless feminist on his show and said to her "Show us your t_ts."  Shock because this would be the last woman in the world to say this to.

A few years ago DeNiro played one such in a movie "The Comedian."

So yeah, it's not for everybody, but it's comedy done for entertainment, not proselytizing.  If it offends you move on.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:41 PM, Cory1848 said:

The point is, (1) Thunberg has made herself into a public figure and to some degree is fair game

That was the comedic philosophy of the late Joan Rivers -- anyone in the public eye was fair game. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 4:33 PM, mike787 said:

its hilarious...besides, .if people really wanted and cared about this planet they would do a better job saving it than destroying it - nobody really cares...action speaks louder than words.

I believe Greta cares and speaks eloquently about it in a foreign language.

I don't believe that humans can change the climate, we're not half as important

to this planet as we think we are.

There's nothing funny at all about making crude jokes about someones 16 year old

daughter, but I guess I'm in the minority here on that subject.

Edited by shy coconut
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/2/2020 at 9:17 PM, giddyup said:

Perhaps you should listen to some standup from Dave Chappelle or Chris Rock before you make such a stupid comment.

Both are great, if you are easily offended don’t go there. Just listen to Chappelle’s skit on David Smollett. It is so good I had to listen to it twice. If you are offender by the N word or gay jokes don’t go there. Half the audience was black and they were rolling on the floor  to.

• Like 1