U.S. strike kills Iran Quds Force commander Soleimani - Pentagon

webfact

Good deflection form the ongoing Impeachment hearings. Yet if you look at the iranians and their militias, they assumed they could do these things and then US would respond in careful gradual steps of escalation. Not with this POTUS. After the tit for tat, with airfield rocketing, militia camp bombings, then  the embassy flash mob triggered something in Donny.

Unfortunately it's a whole new world. If a bunch of refineries get smoked, if oil production worldwide goes down, the US is not going to be bothered by that like it would have in the past.  Now that is something disturbing to think about. heh 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Putting aside that supporting Trump and being a patriot are not mutually inclusive, I’m not sure where you get the idea that the ‘overwhelming majority of [armed forces] love Trump’.

Go to a military base in the USA or anywhere in the world and you will see yourself. 

• Sad 3

Hmmmm. Impeachment hearings set, election this year. Let's play the nationalist/obfuscation card by setting up an enemy and a fight. 

The electorate are lambs to the slaughter once again. Twenthieth century politics is sadly alive and well in the 21st. Trump for another term is more of a reality each day. Sadly real people are going to pay with their lives for this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Hmmmm. Impeachment hearings set, election this year. Let's play the nationalist/obfuscation card by setting up an enemy and a fight. 

The electorate are lambs to the slaughter once again. Twenthieth century politics is sadly alive and well in the 21st. Trump for another term is more of a reality each day. Sadly real people are going to pay with their lives for this.

It's nice to see libs coming out of denial. For what it is worth this was a good kill. Trump was very restrained. He didn't sink their navy when they hit a drone, the oil fields, the shipping tankers. However when they killed an American he killed a big target. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Did you look before you posted LOL

I was being sarcastic. Go back and look at the post that says Trump only cares about the markets. My response is he did this knowing markets would tank. However some good trades today in cyber security. Defense did well but cyber security was a great play so I am happy. 

The markets finished down less than a percent and that little decline was actually healthy as things are trading at historic multiples. Today was a day to buy and trade.

When I made the comment at the opening bell things were down twice the amount at which the closed. The market simply shrugged.

Edited by Cryingdick

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Sorry I awoke this morning thinking "next man up" and you post the same football analogy.

Well somebody in Iran had better watch his P's and Q's you can't hide anywhere these days. I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up in Pattaya soon.

Fact is something that you refuse to acknowledge. Well here is a fact you better before the body bags start getting filled. 42 million Iranians have served their mandatory 2 years in their military and can be recalled to active duty within 48 hours in a modernized mountainous country 3/4 the size of India who is allies with both Russia and China being resupplied indefinitely. A war with Iran will make Viet Nam look like a Folk Dance. REPOSTING

Edited by Rimmer
Inflammatory
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Fact is something that you refuse to acknowledge. Well here is a fact you better before the body bags start getting filled. 42 million Iranians have served their mandatory 2 years in their military and can be recalled to active duty within 48 hours in a modernized mountainous country 3/4 the size of India who is allies with both Russia and China being resupplied indefinitely. A war with Iran will make Viet Nam look like a Folk Dance. REPOSTING

Ground war??  Not required to remove Iran supreme leader Khamenei. 

Don't forget at least half of those 'trained' soldiers hate him. He just killed 1500 of them last month because they were rioting over food. The new slogan in Iran is MIGA.

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Don't forget at least half of those 'trained' soldiers hate him. He just killed 1500 of them last month because they were rioting over food. The new slogan in Iran is MIGA.

Just shock and awe using air power. All designed to take out infrastructure. They are probably sending little kids to act as human shields already.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rabas said:

Hope your right but trump supporters frequently live in alternate facts. I'm just saying...

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Time will tell.

Iran has only maybe ten targets in their entire country that would cripple their entire war machine assuming we had already played dive bomber with their limited navy. They import gasoline, that should show you advanced they are technologically speaking.

I hope all American companies are scrambling to improve their cyber security. Thanks for making us hustle Iran. 

6 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

It makes it easier and solves the endless wars problem. Obama, to his credit, well used the death from above option, his error was sucking up to the Iranians, he just didnt have the nuts to take the political hits which come from standing up to them. 

The mullahs well know now we arent kidding and Trump isnt Obama. They know he will win in 2020. Can they last till 2024? Sends a nice message to Kim. We can kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. 

If you have an underground bunker you still need to get the weapons to the launch site. NK is another kettle of fish but it is guaranteed the Israelis will never allow Iran to gain a launch site even temporarily.

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump has made Iran more of an enemy with his foolhardy abandonment of the nuclear treaty, and the onerous sanctions. Now this? Get ready America. Get ready to feel a lot of pain and suffering. 

Get ready Thai expat Americans for the dollar to fall. It isn't going to cause the average American any pain.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

We can kill anyone, anywhere, anytime. 

I would not read too much into the effort it took to kill him.  The guy seems to have had a tendency to underestimate his opponents. 

" In 2006, Nasrallah ordered a group of his fighters to kidnap Israeli soldiers—an operation that the Middle Eastern security official told me was carried out with Suleimani’s help. A brief but fierce war ensued, in which the Israel Defense Forces destroyed much of Lebanon. “I don’t think Suleimani expected that reaction,” the official said."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

I would not read too much into the effort it took to kill him.  The guy seems to have had a tendency to underestimate his opponents. 

" In 2006, Nasrallah ordered a group of his fighters to kidnap Israeli soldiers—an operation that the Middle Eastern security official told me was carried out with Suleimani’s help. A brief but fierce war ensued, in which the Israel Defense Forces destroyed much of Lebanon. “I don’t think Suleimani expected that reaction,” the official said."

Either way he got, got.

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Get ready Thai expat Americans for the dollar to fall. It isn't going to cause the average American any pain.

This assumption is exactly what got America into this position. Just wait. The fallout from this could be unfathomable. The hubris behind the US position is the real issue here. Trump's claim about trying to end a war is as far from the truth, as most of what he has said since assuming office. Always remember, truth is not truth. Peace is not peace. War is not war. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This assumption is exactly what got America into this position. Just wait. The fallout from this could be unfathomable. The hubris behind the US position is the real issue here. Trump's claim about trying to end a war is as far from the truth, as most of what he has said since assuming office. Always remember, truth is not truth. Peace is not peace. War is not war. 

Look forward to interest rate cuts and  a lower dollar if this plays out badly. However the good side is if you are invested this should more than offset it. For Americans like me living at home we like a weak dollar.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1