Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

14 minutes ago, CMBob said:

Last approval for the 90-day address reporting was sent to me by CM Immigration at 6:15PM on a Sunday and previously I have received an emailed approval on a Saturday.  Am guessing some of them do work over the weekend and/or at least some interns do.

Thank you.  Wasn't aware of that.  

Edited by Raindancer

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

The first thing that strikes me is that you received a reply on a Sunday.  To my knowledge, immigration do not work over the weekend.  So, I would suspect something is suspicious.   Normally a rejection does not give any explanation.   Have you been hacked??

I would log onto 90 day reporting and check the status of your application.  It will either say, "pending, approved or rejected.

I know you said that you only applied once.   But the status will show whether you inadvertently applied twice.  

If it states pending, I would be suspicious of the email and its sender. 

Perhaps you should go to immigration drive through and get a new 90 day report.  Or go to Central Festival and renew and take the email with you.

The Sunday acknowledgement is auto-generated and may reflect that the system records match my input and was correctly completed. It did not reject my submission. Nothing suspicious at all. 
As I wrote, the auto-generated rejection was received days later and gave the reason “Already Informed” and did NOT stipulate that I needed to report in person to Immigration (which is the usual statement included with rejection notices). The 90-day system for my record reflects the one submittal has been rejected as well. No hacking here. 
So my original question of what “Already Informed “ means remains; and if anyone has had this occur in response to their 90-day submittal or knows the meaning please share. 

Edited by jeffandgop

• 4 weeks later...

I booked a date for retirement extension ,near end April at 4.00 o clock ,and

received confirmation by E mail ,so has anyone else used the booking app

recently and did everything work out as expected , they only had 2 options

availably 10.30 and 4.00 , I am sort of worried what time they close ......

regards worgeordie 

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

I booked a date for retirement extension ,near end April at 4.00 o clock ,and

received confirmation by E mail ,so has anyone else used the booking app

recently and did everything work out as expected , they only had 2 options

availably 10.30 and 4.00 , I am sort of worried what time they close ......

regards worgeordie 

I was there in Jan. There were a lot of people and I was concerned but they kept processing after closing time to accommodate.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Retirement Extension yesterday with changes , 3 weeks ago I made a booking for 

an appointment to extend retirement visa yesterday at 4.00 , even had an Email

reminder that morning , 

The first time I had done it this way , and was worried the 4.00 maybe a bit late,

thinking may not have enough time , so went early , arriving at 3.15 , paperwork

checked outside, handed in the window inside , and this is where a change was made,

they handed back the bank books (old new)  as 12 month statement spanned both ,

plus they gave back all copies of bank book , and the 12 month statement ,the only

financial thing they kept was bank letter ..

In the past they have gone over all statements ,bank books , with a fine tooth comb ,

seemed the most important thing for them , going through them 3-4 times , and 

yesterday they don't need them  , strange , I did not ask them why they don't need

them now, as I am hard of hearing ,with Tinnitus , but if this is the future it's a great

improvement ,  If I was you I would still take statements and copies until its confirmed

they don't need them.

So arrived at 3.15 , and was out the door at 4 .05 , with extension , the officers were all

pleasant and helpful ,  I don't get it with those that criticize immigration been difficult,

harder than ever,  the hard times were The black hole of Calcutta ,at the old immigration

packed in , you had to be there early , with the great unwashed ,in hot weather you could

cut the air with a knife , then getting  up at 4.00 in the morning to get to offices in Promenade

only to find 6 Burmese sitters already there  , to me things have only gotten much easier ,plus

90 days online , but they even done that for me while I was there ,   thanks Chiang Mai Immigration,

regards worgeordie

Good post.

I am at immigration right now.

It's like a zoo.  Have an appt for 0930.  Arrived at 0810.  The tent was packed and the queue at the front door just kept growing.   So, I ignored the tent and went straight to online booking queue.

Lady checked my paperwork.  Didn't ask for bank statements.   Handed back bank books and only a cursory glance at the bank book copies.

Very annoying for those in the queues to see the agents walk right to the front with copious applications and get dealt with before others. 

Mine took about 5 minutes.  Now at counter 8 waiting for my passport.  Somewhat early, but it's only once a year.

So far so good.

It's packed now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Good post.

I am at immigration right now.

It's like a zoo.  Have an appt for 0930.  Arrived at 0810.  The tent was packed and the queue at the front door just kept growing.   So, I ignored the tent and went straight to online booking queue.

Lady checked my paperwork.  Didn't ask for bank statements.   Handed back bank books and only a cursory glance at the bank book copies.

Very annoying for those in the queues to see the agents walk right to the front with copious applications and get dealt with before others. 

Mine took about 5 minutes.  Now at counter 8 waiting for my passport.  Somewhat early, but it's only once a year.

So far so good.

It's packed now.  

0940.  Still waiting.  Ist in the queue.  But stuck behind all the agents.

No big deal.  Still within my appt time.   ????

35 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

0940.  Still waiting.  Ist in the queue.  But stuck behind all the agents.

No big deal.  Still within my appt time.   ????

Final update. 0950 all done.

Still plenty of people, but mainly seated.  No queue.

1 hour ago, Raindancer said:

They/their customers, pay for the privilege. Yes, annoying. 

12 minutes ago, amexpat said:

No. Free market.

Or the agent gets there very early and gets some low numbers????

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, amexpat said:

Agreed.  But the main thrust

of my post was to give a heads up as things are today when visiting immigration.  And mainly for those who had considered going today and the possible waiting time they might encounter. 

I have to say that this is a far cry from the old office and particularly the days of promenade.  We'll done immigration.

Many of those I chatted with today, were returning from many hours wait yesterday.    And told to return the following day.

• 2 weeks later...

TM 30... can this be done in person at CNX Immigration if one has a "yellow book"? From memory I can be the possessor if holding a yellow book? Apart from passport and yellow book, would I need anything else?

Currently on visa exempt after doing a border bounce.

• 1 month later...

Went to Imm. for a re-entry permit yesterday.

They have a window and queue specifically for re-entry permit requests.

I asked about TM30 upon return and was told that if at the same address, no need to do anything.

I didn't see any of the staff wearing masks, with just a few Thai ladies client side masked up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly, the online appointments to get a family/marriage extension seem all taken until about mid September. Was told that the only other option was an early morning walk-in which I suspect will be a long and tiresome process.

Preparing paperwork today- two questions if anyone has recent experience:

Marriage Cert Kor Ror 2 - will last year's do?  was told it was OK last year but seems a bit chancy.
Do they want copies of my blank passport pages?  Had this go either way over the past few years.

9 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

New twist today. 'Had online queue appt and offered the official confirmation received on my phone - "cannot!"  Only acceptable  confirmation entails producing yet another sheet of paper - who knew?

Had the same problem last year.  Petty bureaucrats ????

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Going to do the extension of my Non-O multiple entry visa based on marriage.  400k+ of money seasoned as of today.  Does anyone have a list of all that is needed for CM immigration?  I went to the immigration office by the airport and was handed forms but there was no list of supporting docs or pictures or etc... like there used to be.  Then went to the CM immigration website but I know the list of docs and info is incomplete for this type of extension.  Also, can this extension be done online?  I saw that some extensions can be done but they want you to set up an account first to see which.  Lastly, I would imagine once the application has been submitted, I would not have to cross a border at the end of my 90 days on the multiple entry visa, but I think I would have to do a 90 day reporting, correct?  All help greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

There are no  visa extensions that  can be done online.  They are processed through an immigration office and authorised by the senior officer of the day.

If you want to be absolutely sure of what you need, documents etc, perhaps you would be better returninh and asking immigration directly.

But they do have a full list of what you need.  So I don't understand why you were not given the list.

At least that way, you will have the correct information.

Also  there are numerous sites on the Internet with full lists of documents,  photos etc.  Just Google

" Marriage visa Thailand documents"

90 day reports and doing a border run.

90 day reports can  be done:

1.   Online

2. Drive through at CM immigration

3.  Central Festival floor 2.

And finally once you submit the marriage visa application, it will be " under condideration".

That might take about a month to process.

You will still need to ensure that during that time, you do your 90 day report before its expiry.

So a border run is not necessary.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Raindancer

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Anybody extended a non-imm O since the new TM30 database was launched last month?

I understand there is a huge queue at the TM30 office - are they making everyone get a new printout before processing, or just forcing those that haven't to re-register?

Why do we need to re register?

This is the English, excerpted from the email I got from Immigration in September, 2023:

We are pleased to inform you that with effect from 15 September 2023, the website address (URL) will be changed as follows.

However, you will need to register again at our new website.
For clients who have saved our website as a “Favorite” or “Bookmark”, please update the settings.
URL
Previous URL: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/
New URL: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login

5 minutes ago, hml367 said:

This is the English, excerpted from the email I got from Immigration in September, 2023:

We are pleased to inform you that with effect from 15 September 2023, the website address (URL) will be changed as follows.

However, you will need to register again at our new website.
For clients who have saved our website as a “Favorite” or “Bookmark”, please update the settings.
URL
Previous URL: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/
New URL: https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/login

This is all very confusing.  According to phuket news on a video I just watched, existing holders of tm 30 document will have their details transferred by registering.

The link I have just tried requires my landlords details etc plus ID card.

So I cannot just simply register to receiveca code, which the online help guide suggests.

52 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

@hml367  Thank you for that.

Update.  Managed to register.  All I need to do now is upload my existing tm 30.

According to immigration just now, this is only for existing online users.  So the video from that Phuket lawyer is ambiguous to say the least.