Chiang Mai Immigration Q & A - Info and reports. (2020)

JimmyJ

On 8/9/2021 at 9:59 PM, Mahseer said:

One was the application, second was acceptance of 90 day rule and third I don't actually recall. Simply signed and dated.

These forms were previously found in front of the main entrance but now are in the tent where there are boxes numbered accordingly.

1. TM7

2. Acknowledge Conditions to stay in Thailand

3.Acknowledge penalty for visa overstay

2 hours ago, Greenside said:

Renewing marriage extension in the next few days - just checking on a few issues:

1) Is Immigration open tomorrow Friday August 13th?

2) I was told by an IO a few weeks ago that appointments weren't being issued.  Simply to turn up in the morning after getting bank details updated, processing was now quicker than last year and should only take a couple of hours at the most.  Is that realistic?

3) I have a new(ish) passport which only has two pages with stamps plus the notes and photo page.  Are they insisting on copies of blank pages?

4) I recall that the map has to be on one of their forms and not just a sheet of paper.  Is that still correct?

5) Last year we were told that a Kor Ror 2 was valid for two years.  Has anyone tested this out?  I don't want to be turned away for such a trivial item.

If they don't accept your old kor ror 2, somebody posted a while back that the ampur office at City Hall only issue kor ror 2's on Fridays only. 

We get ours at Saraphi and I don't think they have any restrictions.  It's just a waste of time and gas if it's not required.  Having now got almost all the paperwork done, I'm just left with the question about blank passport pages.  I'd really rather not waste 26 copies on empty pages (and then have to sign them!).

To those asking about the 45 day period for applying, I was told by the staff that it does still apply.  This about three weeks ago.

Appointments not issued or necessary. I was there last week mid morning to pick up some forms and grand total of 4 folks inside. I was there again Monday afternoon and 2 in front of me doing retirement extensions. Out in 50 minutes.

The English speaking male IO in the tent who does the initial check for documents is a rare jewel for CM IMM.  He noticed, when scanning my retirement packet, that my 90-Day report was due and asked if a TM47 was in my possession.  Showed it to him and he instructed me to wait, "I will get your next report notice".

Can he be promoted to show the other IO's this is the Thai way to help everyone.?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Greenside said:

We get ours at Saraphi and I don't think they have any restrictions.  It's just a waste of time and gas if it's not required.  Having now got almost all the paperwork done, I'm just left with the question about blank passport pages.  I'd really rather not waste 26 copies on empty pages (and then have to sign them!).

To those asking about the 45 day period for applying, I was told by the staff that it does still apply.  This about three weeks ago.

We go to Saraphi to as it's much quicker.

What is the 45 day period you mention, is it the time you can submit before your current visa expires?

Edited by stament

Did my online 90 day reporting, was a breeze. Even though going on person is now quick, doing it online is very easy and efficient.

I do understand some people's reservations about wanting to do it in person though as I used to feel that way. Keep the screen shots is my advice and if the report doesn't come by the next day go to immigration in person.

26 minutes ago, stament said:

We go to Saraphi to as it's much quicker.

What is the 45 day period you mention, is it the time you can submit before your current visa expires?

Yes.  In CM and some other IO's you can apply for your extension 45 days prior.  It does not change the extension date

• Thanks 1

My wife and I applied 41 days before our extension of stay expired

We went to the bank in the morning to get the required bank statements, arrived at Immigration around 1315hrs, left at 1400hrs

No problem, good service, Immigration also update our 90 day date without me asking

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 6:36 AM, stament said:

Did my online 90 day reporting, was a breeze. Even though going on person is now quick, doing it online is very easy and efficient.

What link did you use for the 90 day report? I keep getting an error message on the 1st page of the Imm 90 Day TM47 site telling me to contact local office... https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm using this link 

5 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

What link did you use for the 90 day report? I keep getting an error message on the 1st page of the Imm 90 Day TM47 site telling me to contact local office... https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm using this link 

@Forza2002this one.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I followed the guide here that someone shared which is extremely useful.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/guide-to-thai-immigration-90-day-reporting

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

2 hours ago, stament said:

@Forza2002this one.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I followed the guide here that someone shared which is extremely useful.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/guide-to-thai-immigration-90-day-reporting

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Been trying for the past week or so.   And followed both your links above.            Not only me, but three of my colleagues also.    Always same result.....either a white page after completing page one , or "report to local immigration".   I have used the app/chrome/Firefox/Google and Safari. 

I spoke with the 90 day reporting officer in Promenada this week..   He just said that the online site was having issues.   And yet some posters from other provinces do not have this problem. 

I wrote to the app developer as well and phoned the mobile number given to me by the two helpline telephone numbers.    No answer from the mobile number and still no reply from the developer.

From the number large of cars queuing at the 90 day drive in on Monday, it seems we are not alone.  So much for the General who, a few months ago, said that they were bringing back the online  to avoid covid contact, or such words.

Maybe the online site has been so successful that some Imm officers are almost out of a job.   And so they need more reports to be done locally, other wise they will be out of a job or moved somewhere else that requires more manpower.

2 hours ago, stament said:

3 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Been trying for the past week or so.   And followed both your links above.            Not only me, but three of my colleagues also.    Always same result.....either a white page after completing page one , or "report to local immigration".   I have used the app/chrome/Firefox/Google and Safari. 

I spoke with the 90 day reporting officer in Promenada this week..   He just said that the online site was having issues.   And yet some posters from other provinces do not have this problem. 

I wrote to the app developer as well and phoned the mobile number given to me by the two helpline telephone numbers.    No answer from the mobile number and still no reply from the developer.

From the number large of cars queuing at the 90 day drive in on Monday, it seems we are not alone.  So much for the General who, a few months ago, said that they were bringing back the online  to avoid covid contact, or such words.

Maybe the online site has been so successful that some Imm officers are almost out of a job.   And so they need more reports to be done locally, other wise they will be out of a job or moved somewhere else that requires more manpower.

Sorry to hear that, looks like we will be going back to in-person updates.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, NancyL said:

If you obtain a Certificate of Residency, you don't need a Thai friend to help you open an account at Bangkok Bank Kad Suan Kaew, but a foreign friend who has banked there for a long time and keeps several million in their bank is just as good.  

I've seen their staff look in disdain when someone brings in a one-week Thai girlfriend to act as their "Thai guarantee" when they'd be much better off bringing in a westerner who has banked at that branch for 8 - 10 years and knows everyone there. 

Hello Nancy,

I am back on ThaiVisa ( aka Aseannow) - will try to get started once more in Thailand.

It was back I think in 2012 that you helped Spouse and I get started with our 12 month Non Immi O Retirement.

We loved our time living in Chiang Mai - many Thai friends - then along came the Virus - we  were visiting in Europe -  last flight back missed - wife poorly - so all went 'overboard'.

Now trying for a 'return'.

But I never thanked you personally - so about 9 years late - but thankyou for your help back in 2012.

Best Rgds

On 1/6/2020 at 5:09 AM, Peter Denis said:

OP wrote >

I entered from the USA on a SETV.

Within a week my 1st 60 days are up and I have to renew for the final 30.

@donnacha answered your queries accurately.

Question > Is it your intent to stay long-term in Thailand? 

If so, you need to apply at least 15 (some IOs require 21) days before your permission to stay expires, for a Non Imm O Visa. 

However to do so, you need to be +50 years of age for the RETIREMENT option.

Or being married to a thai national to apply for the MARRIAGE option.

>> If you are eligible PM me, and I will provide you with a comprehensive roadmap with all details/options on how to do it.

Hello Peter,

I presume PM = private mail?

If so and with your permission of course - how do I do that?

My wife ( French ) and myself (English) both had 12 month Non Non immi O's since 2012.

Due to a brief illness we missed the last flight 'home'.

Now looking to get back to CM - pick up where we left off.

A brief contact with you would be most welcome if you can spare the time.

Best Rgds

On 10/31/2021 at 11:33 PM, factseeker said:

Hello Nancy,

I am back on ThaiVisa ( aka Aseannow) - will try to get started once more in Thailand.

It was back I think in 2012 that you helped Spouse and I get started with our 12 month Non Immi O Retirement.

We loved our time living in Chiang Mai - many Thai friends - then along came the Virus - we  were visiting in Europe -  last flight back missed - wife poorly - so all went 'overboard'.

Now trying for a 'return'.

But I never thanked you personally - so about 9 years late - but thankyou for your help back in 2012.

Best Rgds

Thank you for the "shout out".  I hope you can return soon.

1 hour ago, stament said:

@deejdo you need to complete a form or just hand your passport in at the drive-through?

TM 47 form to be filled in

Receipt of notification (90 day )with passport to be handed in ,and Bob,s your uncle,????

Edited by deej
slow internet connection

On 11/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, NancyL said:

Thank you for the "shout out".  I hope you can return soon.

Always found CM Immi to be reasonable - considering what they deal with at times never really had a problem.

Do you know if route same as before  -  30 >> 60 >> 12 month Immi O Retirement.

Funds never left - still there.

Rgds

2 minutes ago, factseeker said:

Always found CM Immi to be reasonable - considering what they deal with at times never really had a problem.

Do you know if route same as before  -  30 >> 60 >> 12 month Immi O Retirement.

Funds never left - still there.

Rgds

That should be 30 >> 90 >> 12 month

• Like 1

Thai Family (Wife) extension today.

Arrived 10:45, left 14:45. It took one hour to get through the docs check outside as 30 other numbers were in front of us, although half must have given up.

I used last year's kr2 with no problem. I asked the IO whether it could be used again next year to be told they are OK for 4 or 5 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 5:10 PM, Greenside said:

Three second approval!  Just did my 90 day report online and the Approved email was in my inbox quicker than it took me to close the Chrome Immigration tab.  Any faster and we'd be in the Twilight Zone.... ????

Did you actually receive an approval for your 90 day report or just an approval for your use of the new 90 day reporting system?  I received approval to use the new system lightening fast on 8 December, but my application for a 90 day report has been shown as "pending" since then.

My 90 day report ended the 13th of Dec.

I registered for the new on line system on the 6th of Dec and successfully filed the new 90 day report the same day. Checked the status for several days and it continued to be pending, On the 15th of Dec I decided to go to immigration and did the new 90 day report with a new due date on the 14th of March- used the drive through and took less than 1 min. Yesterday on the 17th of Dec I received and email with an approved 90 day report with new due date on the 4th of March.   

So now I have two new approved 90 day reports - one with due date the 4th of March and one with due date the 14th of March. 

Hope the on line system will work in March. 

For the past yr or so,i have reported my experience,s of Cmai immgr dept Drive Inn  90 day reporting service as a Work of Art????????,JMO,for those who are having  difficulty,s with the the New 90 day online reporting format Etc Etc to do the same????Perhap,s you may have a Red Flag  against  your Passport  ,and the Drive Inn,???? may be able to assist you..