Security beefed up at Iran, US embassies

webfact

2 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Of course there’s historical parallels... that’s why I was reminded of it... both were assassinated during times of increased international tensions. One ignited a war... the other might very well ignite a war, or that at least is the fear and speculation.

Anyway, what blood was on his hands? I did ask for a link. Every battlefield commander has blood on his hands for goodness sake... it kind of goes with the territory... much like getting shot at as a soldier, goes with the territory.

irans tactics are not unique to Iran... when these tactics work in your favor, you applaud them... cool... but at least try to understand the reciprocity of the situation

anyway... the us deemed him a terrorist... so what? Iran justifiably deems us actions as that of a terrorist... it (us) certainly supports terrorists and arms them to do its bidding, as history clearly demonstrates, but that’s ok because it’s the usa... sure, why not?

Well its off topic to debate your "unique" historical view but I agree with your view that the only opinion that counts is ours and it is OK. We decide who terrs are and what to do with them and if folks dont like it, oh well.

Lets us worry about the big stuff. 

46 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I must say that the potential for action at Uncles Sams place on Wireless will make me change my route to Polo Fried Chicken. Instead of getting off at Ploen Chit and walking South past the Embassy (frequently I burst into God Bless America in my best imitation of Kate Smith, to the amusement of the Thai security), Ill have to go to Lumpini and walk North. Longer. Damn Terrs!

If you havent been to Polo Fried Chicken its great by the way.

Right... so even the staunchest of trumps fans are taking increased precautions... one can only assume that this is because the trumps actions has not made the world safer.

enjoy your longer walks... a silver lining... the health aspects of longer walks may extend your life... thanks be to the trump, looking after to you, after all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Well its off topic to debate your "unique" historical view but I agree with your view that the only opinion that counts is ours and it is OK. We decide who terrs are and what to do with them and if folks dont like it, oh well.

Lets us worry about the big stuff. 

Funnily enough, I had always been happy letting y’all worry about the big stuff... but then y’all went and abused that trust by electing a lying misogynistic dotard, not fit to manage a men’s room, who’s honor was trampled in the stampede to avoid serving his country with so many of its peers.

Just now, jany123 said:

Funnily enough, I had always been happy letting y’all worry about the big stuff... but then y’all went and abused that trust by electing a lying misogynistic dotard, not fit to manage a men’s room, who’s honor was trampled in the stampede to avoid serving his country with so many of its peers.

LOL well your opinion is noted and suitably swept into the dustbin of history. Im going to go to the pool here and count the ripples, then go get my fried chicken fix from the Hallal girl near the local mosque. Life is grand, hope noone kills my buzz with an attack here.

5 hours ago, gaikhao said:

Really? The dead iranian was murdering long before  Trump arrived. Hizbollah has been murdering under the patronage of Iran for 20+ years. Assad is in power not because of Trump etc.

I am troubled by the sight of Iranians paying homage to a dead murderer in Bangkok. Obviously a local base of terrorist supporters. The question is whether or not the Thai security agencies have noted this.

What do you think did the people in Iraq think about George W. Bush when he illegally invaded their country?

And what did the Iraqis think when Americans voted again for Bush after starting that illegal war?

It's all a question of the perspective.

American politicians and American people often pretend that their country respects laws. They pretend that they support freedom and democracy. And they pretend they want to bring peace to other peoples' countries. Unfortunately that is far away from the truth.

American is at war with many countries since a long time. The difference with Trump is that it seems there is no clear strategy at work. He does what his instinct tells him instead of thinking about the situation first and asking competent advisors. That is bad for the USA and it's bad for the rest of the word. But maybe Putin will smile because it makes him more powerful.

2 hours ago, meand said:

This is a very good point, and a question many have no doubt.

The establishment has their tentacles everywhere. That is what having money and a political system that is based in donations does. As you say, I do not think they get what they want right away in a general sense. But after extending those tentacles for years or even decades, absolutely, they can and do get the outcomes they desire. 

Look at it backwards. How many wars is the US currently involved in? How many of those are seemingly endless (meaning good for weapons manufacturers)? How many of the wars are making the countries more stable? How many of the wars are making US citizens safer? 

There is really only one beneficiary to the endless war cycle. Answer who that is and you get your answer as to who is creating them. 

Unfortunately there is not only one beneficiary.

Keeping people in fear is perfect for the GOP. The more people are scared about all those bad people from outside the more people vote GOP. That means the GOP has no interest to actually make America safer. They love it when the citizens live in fear and vote for GOP.

And that is not my theory but that is proven fact. People can read about it and learn about it - if they want to.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 10:04 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Without the nutter Trump the problem wouldn't exist.

Unbelievable statement. The problem has been there for decades (so filled with twisted hatred) which was exasperated by Obama giving millions in gold and $ plus let's not forget uranium (which they promptly started to make nuclear bombs with). Well done Trump for taking out the Number 1 Terrorist in the world. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Some inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

Off topic posts and replies have been removed. 

Posts with off topic videos and the replies have been removed. 

Edit:  Some more inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. 

This particular topic is about Security Beefed at Iran, US Embassies. 

Edited by metisdead
  • Thanks 2

On 1/7/2020 at 1:02 PM, jany123 said:

International and US law makes it illegal to assassinate state leaders, which this general was deemed to be.... maybe that’s not a part of German law

This assassination reminds me of arch duke franky Ferdinand.... and look how that worked out. A match thrown on gasoline.

He was a soldier on Iraqi soil, which is still a combat zone. He wasn't assassinated. He was killed just like any other enemy soldier. Do you not thin Mussolini would not have been killed if he was spotted in Paris during WWII?

45 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

He was a soldier on Iraqi soil, which is still a combat zone. He wasn't assassinated. He was killed just like any other enemy soldier. Do you not thin Mussolini would not have been killed if he was spotted in Paris during WWII?

He was a soldier in a combat zone killed like any other (enemy) soldier.... ok... goose / gander... so were the us soldiers that the us media is bumping their gums about.... you can’t have it both ways. Discounting those supposed 600, should remove that as a reason to have assassinated the general.

but... “like any other enemy soldier”... he was not like any other soldier. He was deemed to be the number 2... a head of state. As such, US law prohibits his assassination... the us cannot be deemed a nation of law, if y’all dont follow your own law... if you don’t follow laws, your deemed a rogue nation. In this action, we see the us acting as a rogue. 

Mussolini? Really? US and international law did not then prohibit assassination of world leaders... regardless of that, this was a state orchestrated assassination, not some dude in a cafe with a bomb, waiting for a target to appear.

anyway... if Mussolini had been seen in Paris blah blah... what do I think? No. High ranking and very dangerous German officers made Paris their playground during ww2, with virtual impunity. These would have been higher profile “targets” for allied targeting than Mussolini.

• Sad 1