Bolton says he is willing to testify in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

39 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

And as such, is entirely irrelevant to issues of public concern. Maybe some will be impressed by your use of "weltanshaaung [sic]" when "world view" would do just as well.

That's ok, he spelled it wrong anyway.

Edited by stevenl
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but as the house already voted on the articles, more can not be added without re opening the investigation .

Anyway, once the senate has them they are not obliged to do more than have a vote, so will interesting to see if that happens.

Paris accords are good as dead. Always were meaningless if China was excluded.

Given Congress are still fighting court battles to gain access to witnesses and evidence we can expect further impeachment investigations, perhaps a second impeachment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Well I do find Donne's aphorism to be trite in the modern world because of his Judeo Christian assumptions, that not withstanding, since my weltanshaaung is essentially based on the philosophy of personal autonomy under a the rule of a universal diety, then yes, the happiness of my accountant does in fact equate to good in a personal, philosophical and moral sense.

Only if the name of your universal deity is Mammon.

Who knows what Bolton will say. Do you think he wouldn't lie to get what he really wants, like a war with Iran? He could be doing this to help Trump. Maybe Trump had to prove himself to Bolton before Bolton would commit to him again? Trump's art of the deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Given Congress are still fighting court battles to gain access to witnesses and evidence we can expect further impeachment investigations, perhaps a second impeachment.

It is astounding the level of irrational emotional drive these leftists have. Losing the house would be hilarious and well deserved. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Great idea. Get a fired ex employee holding a grudge to testify and call him an impartial expert witness! Would such a witness be acceptable in any normal trial? Seriously, can this farce get any more bizarre? 

If ten people say the same facts, and a pathological liar declaims something different hmmmmm?  Beyond that there are no party lines here-the witnesses were all Trump’s boys at one point, but he stabbed them in the back, as he does anyone that disagrees with him.  So, pretty much anyone Trump has disagreed with, or has quit working for him fits your description.  How many people have quit Trump’s government?

And yes, someone that close to the president would be called as a witness 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold! Someone sacked from a high profile role they were clearly relishing.

Would you believe him?

No doubt those who want to hear what they expect and hope he will say will.

only if the allegations are corroborated by supporting evidence.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Are assumptions and presumptions made by pouting opponents of the defendant generally considered to be sound supporting evidence?

Now answer my question,

Is prejudging someone's testimony before you hear it generally considered to be   biased?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

Thats a point trump defenders cannot understand. They believe the lies told in support of trump, and his 15,000 lies. 

They do not want to here the truth, they are too afraid of it.

That is quite a large generalized assumption with nothing but an unfounded opinion to back it up. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1