Abilify/Aripiprazole price

cheeryble

Hi the wife paid 1200bt for my first 10 tabs card of Abilify 5mg. bought under prescription as an adjunct medicine.

Only 10 tabs to check for side effects (none noticeable feel fine)

I'm starting with a half tab a day but if things work out this will go up to at least one per day.

That means even at a well priced pharmacy it will be at least 3600bt/month.

I looked it up and the British NHS price is approx 2.75GBP per MONTH (less than 120 baht!!), even in the US the generic version is very cheap as opposed to US $770 (yes! you read right ) for the brand name product.

My question is simple.....is generic Abilify available here, and how much?

Secondly, I've noticed some generics I take such as for Parkinsons are by no means cheap.

If the aripiprazole is one of these, is it possible to import from a reliable online supplier. Any experience?

Thanks 

(please no personal experiences about medicines or warnings, I have made my decision to try it under excellent oversight and prefer a stress free life)

Edited by cheeryble

There is a locally made brand called Apalife. I don't know the cost but bound to be less rhan Abilify.

This drug is controlled can only get from a hospital or clinic. I am surprised you were able to buy Abilify at a pharmacy.

• Like 1

Thank you Sheryl.

We'll try to source the Opaline.

The price will be interesting because there are definitely some generics coming out pretty high priced, say half the original price. A new way to rob sick people.

Thankfully there are a fair few cheap generics still, and god bless the NHS for haggling the price down to 120baht>

Yet American politicians saddle their constituents with crippling costs and curse the European models they could so easily adopt if they'd get their medical profession and pharma under control the same way they damn Iran sa terrorists.

Did they ever hear the name Mossadeq.

Sorry Sheryl, thanks again I got carried away I don't like seeing ordinary people ripped off by the wealthy.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 8, 2020 at 6:16 PM, Sheryl said:

There is a locally made brand called Apalife. I don't know the cost but bound to be less rhan Abilify.

This drug is controlled can only get from a hospital or clinic. I am surprised you were able to buy Abilify at a pharmacy.

THankyou I found Apalife 

Its still 2400 per box from 3600

Is there any way an Englishman like me can access these excellent prices 

https://www.goodrx.com/aripiprazole

• 3 years later...
On 8/12/2023 at 11:58 AM, sunnyfox said:

Hi there, 

were you able to find any cheaper version of Abilify here? I need it for my son with ASD and faced the same problem ????

A government psych hospital would be the best option. Where in Thailand are you?

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

A government psych hospital would be the best option. Where in Thailand are you?

My daughter is on Abilify and Ritalin. Right now she is on my insurance so we, have excellent care from Manarom. The problem is that after my demise she will lose her cover and any other insurance will refuse to cover the preexisting condition. 

So I'd be very interested to know of any government facility that could provide that kind of  care under the Thai health system. We live in Buriram, so Korat or Bangkok could be acceptable too.