Should all screen stars stop flying for work?

snoop1130

Should all screen stars stop flying for work?

By Paul Glynn

_110420879_black.jpg

Orange is the New Black star Yael Stone has vowed to stop travelling to the US from Australia because of climate change. / GETTY IMAGES

Before stepping up to collect their Golden Globe Awards on Sunday, Hollywood's great and good were warned by host Ricky Gervais to reassess their relationship with "the real world".

"If you win an award tonight, don't use it as a platform to make a political speech," he said.

"You're in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world. Most of you spent less time in school than Greta Thunberg."

The UK actor, writer and comedian was joking, of course, but in doing so he touched on an important question: Are the rich and famous doing enough to help the planet that serves them so well?

Full Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51018170

bbc.jpg

-- © Copyright BBC 2020-01-08

"Should all screen stars stop flying for work?"

Only the ones who keep lecturing us on global warming. Never heard of that girl in the photo by the way. She must be a star in her own mind.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

In my opinion, actors should do what needs to be done to be an actor. If flying is necessary for that work, then so it shall be. You want them to go by ship? Train? Sail boat?

As an aside but related to Ricky Gervaise's comments:

Whilst appreciating that everyone has an opinion, I really don't think I want to hear it from actors, music stars and the like.

As an example, a well known British actor was photographed campaigning for the Labour Party prior to the December General Election, where they got trounced. He has yet to live it down, as he has yet to live down his sexual indiscretions.

if you raise your head above the parapet, the public will shoot it off.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

"Should all screen stars stop flying for work?"

Only the ones who keep lecturing us on global warming. Never heard of that girl in the photo by the way. She must be a star in her own mind.

One codger on thaivisa doesnt recognize an actress and her career is as good as over.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

One codger on thaivisa doesnt recognize an actress and her career is as good as over.

I'm another one who's never heard of her. I doubt that anyone who does not watch that TV show has nor even some of its regular viewers.

It's hardly a name that slips off the tongue and neither is she exactly an unforgettable raving beauty.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

Who the heck watches CONTROLLED TV  any more? Humph.

Old people. There's lots of them, after WW2 there was a spike in birth rates. You need to wait another 10-20y for them to croak off, then programmed television and paper newspapers will quickly become a thing of the past. Unfortunately they'll be replaced by TV series featuring the addict emo-looking extremely unattractive alphabet "females". All the former lookers are now 40y+, way beyond best before. No wonder the birth rates are plummeting - which is on the other hand good for the environment. I think the actress in OP is pretty much the prototype of things to come.