Prawit urges calm as 'Big Joke' shooting frays nerves

webfact

Prawit urges calm as Surachate shooting frays nerves

By The Nation

800_46bf51c9edcc75a.jpg?v=1578554892

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan claims he’s never met either of the state officials who have hinted at possible police corruption but he’ll phone both of them to try and clear the air.

Pol Lt-General Surachate Hakpal, the former immigration police chief now a special adviser to the Prime Minister’s Office, is at the centre of the storm after an unidentified gunman fired eight rounds into his parked and unoccupied car on Monday (January 6).

Surachate has assigned blame to someone involved in a bid years ago to sell the Royal Thai Police a biometrics scanner system that he felt was wasteful and unnecessary.

Meanwhile police commissioner-general Chakthip Chaijinda was recorded criticising Pol General Wirachai Songmetta, the deputy national police commissioner, over the shooting investigation.

Quizzed by reporters on Thursday, Prawit said he didn’t know all the details about either the shooting or the tech procurement plan.

“As a big brother to both [Surachate and Chakthip], I want them to talk to others first before the matter escalates,” he said. “But we’ll have to wait since Chakthip has gone abroad.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380318

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-09

Quizzed by reporters on Thursday, Prawit said he didn’t know all the details about either the shooting or the tech procurement plan.

So he didn't know about the 2 Billion Baht procurement plan from 2015 1 year after they seized power. Ahh OK siphon siphon..

Edited by monkfish
  • Like 2

"But we’ll have to wait since Chakthip has gone abroad.”

Call him back immediately! You have the authority.

Oh and he just happened to be away when the shooting occurred.

"Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan claims he’s never met either of the state officials who have hinted at possible police corruption but he’ll phone both of them to try and clear the air." Is the dead friend excuse going to be dragged out again?

Will we have a satisfactory follow up and conclusion to this case, we know the answer!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zydeco said:

Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm calm and my nerves aren't frayed. But thanks for the recommendation anyway.

Agree with you, frays whose nerves??? I couldnt care less on a past incident where no one was injured.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken  in the Bangkok post today  it said Chakthip Chaijinda told Pol General Wirachai Songmetta, the deputy national police commissioner to not hold any more press conferences because it makes it look like this shooting  was planned.  Also a nice picture with metal rods in the 8 holes confirming my comment in another thread that this was not a lethal to the car hit.  Also all 8 bullets recovered.  

why is anyone from above  telling the lead investigator what to do?

Snoozing Prawatch again - it is time to retire also this ignorant, brainless dinosaur once and for good. 

I mean, if a deputy bigwig states "Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan claims he’s never met either of the state officials who have hinted at possible police corruption but he’ll phone both of them". Provided this is a true statement then he just made himself and the country - again - the biggest laughing stock in the second week of 2020. Pathetic, to say the least!