Fuel Consumption on Forza.

NoshowJones

The clock on my Forza 300 for fuel reads 39.6. Over the past six months it has gone down from 40.2. although I haven't noticed my actual fuel consumption going down, it still takes over 100 Kilos before my fuel gauge even starts to move. If my fuel consumption is going down, what steps should I take to prevent this?

If there are any Forza owners out there, what is on your clock? Is it more or less than mine?

• Haha 2

But seriously  as well as pumping up the tyres you should check/change the air filter,spark plug and valve clearances..maybe some thinner engine oil would help too.

edit  check the brakes are not binding.

Edited by johng
  • Like 1

Check what settings that is, is it Km per liter.. !? If so you are getting an excellent fuel consumption for Forza 300cc, I am almost amazed. From what I heard talking to owners and read on the internet, you should get 30 km/l for Forza, that is the mix usual, a bit higher if driving slowly on long distance and lower in traffic. I usually get around 27 or 28, but I like to accelerate fast - love the power on that thing...

So if you are reading km/l consumption (not mpg, or liter/100km etc. ), then 39 is really good.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Check what settings that is, is it Km per liter.. !? If so you are getting an excellent fuel consumption for Forza 300cc, I am almost amazed. From what I heard talking to owners and read on the internet, you should get 30 km/l for Forza, that is the mix usual, a bit higher if driving slowly on long distance and lower in traffic. I usually get around 27 or 28, but I like to accelerate fast - love the power on that thing...

So if you are reading km/l consumption (not mpg, or liter/100km etc. ), then 39 is really good.... 

older or new model?

17 hours ago, Agusts said:

Yes, I think it is, I saw another Forza in Honda agents with 34. But what concerned me was that drop from 42.

It is true I mostly do distance riding with not a lot of acceleration or braking as I use the pedal bike locally.

• 1 month later...

It is hard to get accurate consumption figures if you ride in various conditions,  but I tried some artificial condition to measure my Forza 2016 consumption, maybe others can do the same and we can confirm accurate measures...

On my last trip to Koh Samui from Phuket on fairly flat highway 44 and not much wind, I filled up the tank, then did a very steady 120km/h for a good 50km, and more, and I got about 22km/l , my weight and gear alk come to about 90kg, with full tank, the rpm was mostly on 7400rpm or there about.

On the way back, same condition, filled tank, but did steady 100km/l for a long period, got 30km/l, and mostly on 6100rpm... 

So huge difference, I think Firza sweet spot maybe around 75km/h and 5000rpm.... need to try that next time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

5750? ????

Yes, that's Forza maximum torque RPM, but in reality I guess it could be a bit up or down on different or older bikes...

But I'm not sure if there is a direct relation between consumption and maximum torque RPM, or if there is I have not heard of it... ? For sure the highest RPM consume most....

Edited by Agusts

On 1/10/2020 at 1:36 PM, johng said:

Pump the tyres up, ride in a crouched down position,do not go above 50 KPH  only ride downhill with the wind behind you ????

A tinfoil hat would help as well. Of course an aerodynamic one. 

Wearing light clothes, of course. 

tin foil hat.jpg

8 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Fuel mileage / kilos depends on your use of throttle, the difference fiquires you put are small.

+8km/l is a big difference on a full 11.5l tank of Forza, you can go a lot more (+92km) on one tank riding a bit slower (100km/h instead of 120)... ????

Edited by Agusts

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

^ According to my clumsy calculations 100 kph = about 8 HP, while 120 = 13 hp. Wind is the obstacle.

So quite a bit more. 

No accident the old 55mph speed limit

How do you relate HP to kph, I'm intetested, old model Forza has indicated maximum 25.5HP at 7500rpm, at that rpm I'm usually doing about 125kph or so on a flat ...!

Max speed I get is around 135kph or a few kph more on a good day at around 8200rpm...

Edited by Agusts

On 3/2/2020 at 2:48 PM, canthai55 said:

Interesting it says on their aftermarket ECU page that the stock Forza does max 9200rpm and 150kph...!? Mine doesn't do anywhere near that , maybe I need lighter rollers first ...! 

Has anyone tried this aftermarket ECU...?