Fuel

peterpeter

5 minutes ago, transam said:
15 minutes ago, VYCM said:

YES,

i have no idea how long you have lived here but some subsidies were remove several years ago from Diesel fuel

Think you are wrong....Diesel in LOS is cheap...

Has anyone noticed that Diesel prices are now about 1 Baht higher than Gasohol (91/95)? That's new to me here in Thailand, used to be the opposite with Diesel being about 1B cheaper. Has there been some shift in policy?

12 minutes ago, VYCM said:

YES,

i have no idea how long you have lived here but some subsidies were remove several years ago from Diesel fuel

If you are not able to read the numbers please leave me alone.

-0.68, -2.93, -4.84 and lower tax than gasoline/gasohol.

Is that too complicated for you?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rambling said:

Looks like the diesel subsidies have move from the regular diesel to B10 and B20.

It's all about pushing bio fuel (ethanol or palm oil).

Ethanol from sugar cane as support for farmers (sugar price under pressure and trouble with world trade organization).

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
35 minutes ago, VYCM said:

YES,

If you are not able to read the numbers please leave me alone.

-0.68, -2.93, -4.84 and lower tax than gasoline/gasohol.

Is that too complicated for you?

You were the one that attacked my comment, so you leave me alone.

Your data is for 2019, I beleive Google more than your numbers

Diesel Fuel was far cheaper that Petrol in the past.

23 hours ago, VYCM said:

YES,

As I mentioned, you are correct to a certain extend. But only to the extend that at this moment in time there is no subsidy since it is not necessary, if the prices go above the desired level if will be subsidised again.

Edited by stevenl

On 1/18/2020 at 1:47 PM, stevenl said:
On 1/17/2020 at 2:36 PM, VYCM said:

YES,

As I mentioned, you are correct to a certain extend. But only to the extend that at this moment in time there is no subsidy since it is not necessary, if the prices go above the desired level if will be subsidised again.

I know I am correct, I was living here when subsidy was removed.

I was replying to the comment below

On 1/16/2020 at 7:53 AM, rambling said:

Has anyone noticed that Diesel prices are now about 1 Baht higher than Gasohol (91/95)? That's new to me here in Thailand, used to be the opposite with Diesel being about 1B cheaper. Has there been some shift in policy?

Yep, a few years ago the government remove subsidies 

I dont know why the Hostility guy got involved ("leave him alone", he stuck his nose in) with his 2019 figures, the initial question was asking about past policy. 

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

I know I am correct, I was living here when subsidy was removed.

I was replying to the comment below

I dont know why the Hostility guy got involved ("leave him alone", he stuck his nose in) with his 2019 figures, the initial question was asking about past policy. 

I give up.

57 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I give up.

Oh OK

You're not a native English speaker.

I'll explain it mathematically.

Diesel fuel + subsidy = price of diesel at bowser

Diesel fuel + no subsidy = price of diesel at bowser

19 hours ago, VYCM said:

Oh OK

You're not a native English speaker.

I'll explain it mathematically.

Diesel fuel + subsidy = price of diesel at bowser

Diesel fuel + no subsidy = price of diesel at bowser

The subsidy system is still applicable, but due to the current pricing there is no subsidy applied at the moment. If diesel prices start rising the subsidy will be applied again, due to the system still being applicable.

Again, from an earlier post " As I mentioned, you are correct to a certain extend. But only to the extend that at this moment in time there is no subsidy since it is not necessary, if the prices go above the desired level if will be subsidised again. ".

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

The subsidy system is still applicable, but due to the current pricing there is no subsidy applied at the moment. If diesel prices start rising the subsidy will be applied again, due to the system still being applicable.

Again, from an earlier post " As I mentioned, you are correct to a certain extend. But only to the extend that at this moment in time there is no subsidy since it is not necessary, if the prices go above the desired level if will be subsidised again. ".

Lets keep it Simple.

The question was - has there been a change in policy regarding Diesel Fuel as it is now more expensive.

Why do you bother answering "at the moment" or why do people post figures for 2019 regarding my comment.

I'm talking 5 or more years ago when subsidies were removed.

The price of Diesel increased.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, VYCM said:

Lets keep it Simple.

The question was - has there been a change in policy regarding Diesel Fuel as it is now more expensive.

Why do you bother answering "at the moment" or why do people post figures for 2019 regarding my comment.

No, that was njot the question.

TO be exact, so everyone can understand: the subsidy system has not changed. At the moment the subsidy on diesel is 0 Baht.

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:
On 1/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, VYCM said:

Lets keep it Simple.

No, that was njot the question.

TO be exact, so everyone can understand: the subsidy system has not changed. At the moment the subsidy on diesel is 0 Baht.

Mate, I dont understand what you are reading, are you trying to annoy me, you're doing a good job.

I replied to Post #55 (below), after i commented i got a reply from the hostility guy said NO (he posted irrelevant 2019 data), then you are replying with reports about today's diesel prices and today's lack of subsidy.

I never made mention of what is happening today with subsidies and diesel prices.

Post #55

5 hours ago, VYCM said:

Post #55

Actually I was referring to a much more recent change which happened at the start of this year and it's clearly due to the shift towards biofuel as was mentioned earlier (specifically B10 as the "standard" diesel fuel). I do over 20K km per year and had both benzene and diesel cars in parallel up until a couple of weeks ago.

5 hours ago, VYCM said:

Mate, I dont understand what you are reading, are you trying to annoy me, you're doing a good job.

I replied to Post #55 (below), after i commented i got a reply from the hostility guy said NO (he posted irrelevant 2019 data), then you are replying with reports about today's diesel prices and today's lack of subsidy.

I never made mention of what is happening today with subsidies and diesel prices.

Post #55

I'll be as clear as I can be: "Yep, a few years ago the government remove subsidies " not correct, the subsidy system is still in place.

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I'll be as clear as I can be: "Yep, a few years ago the government remove subsidies " not correct, the subsidy system is still in place.

Did I say all subsidies?

Yes there is still a subsidy system in place. 

Why are you complicating my comment. 

I keep my comments brief and to the point. 

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. ... The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.Jun 25, 2019

54 minutes ago, VYCM said:

Did I say all subsidies?

Yes there is still a subsidy system in place. 

Why are you complicating my comment. 

I keep my comments brief and to the point. 

A subsidy is a benefit given to an individual, business, or institution, usually by the government. ... The subsidy is typically given to remove some type of burden, and it is often considered to be in the overall interest of the public, given to promote a social good or an economic policy.Jun 25, 2019

The price of diesel was capped at 15 baht per liter a long long time ago, 10 years of more I would think.

Is this what your on about?