Denied entry- Second attempt coming up

48 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

What I really would like to get a answer to is about the flight. If I get refused flying will this happen at check-in (before immigration) or can it also happen at boarding (after immigration)?

If refused by the airline, it will happen at check-in. However, the airline is not your real issue. The question is what happens after (greater than 50% chance) U-Tapao denies you visa exemption on arrival.

To be honest, I do not see why you see check-in in versus boarding as such a big deal. If denied during boarding (highly unlikely) your departure stamp from Vietnam would just be cancelled.

• Like 1

OP, There was fella several months back flew X Saigon into Don Mueang, with extensive history. Denied entry and flown back to Saigon (at his expense) was then denied entry at Saigon. UK guy so bit surprised he was denied entry in return to Saigon. Maybe your not allowed to do back to back visa exempt into Vietnam? So he then flew X Saigon to UK.

Earlier a member advised best option is to fly back home country and sort things out there (think BritTim?). Thinking good advice. 

Having said that you already have ticket to u-tapao so you could roll dice. Clearly bigger gonads than me.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP: Maybe your not allowed to do back to back visa exempt into Vietnam?

That`s correct. You can not re-enter before 30 days has passed since the exit stamp. That`s what the rules on the internet say.

However, I managed to get a Visa through a internet agent less than 12 hours after I exited...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Timwin said:

This is just so insane. Norway with almost 12 times of GDP per capita that of Thailand, the richest country in Europe. Surely would be a win-win for Thailand to allow this guy in but they are treating him like cheap dirt... 

The richest country in Europe and he still wants to live in a poor country instead of back home? 

Why not apply for Elite visa then....instead of gaming the system.

Edited by EricTh

15 minutes ago, EricTh said:

The richest country in Europe and he still wants to live in a poor country instead of back home? 

Why not apply for Elite visa then....instead of gaming the system.

Not sure how the Norwegian economy is relevant to my (deserved) visa refusal.

However, I rather spend another night in detention in Bkk, after taking a chance, then to give up and spend 4 weeks in Norway mid-winter waiting for a passport ????

35 minutes ago, MrMilk said:

Not sure how the Norwegian economy is relevant to my (deserved) visa refusal.

However, I rather spend another night in detention in Bkk, after taking a chance, then to give up and spend 4 weeks in Norway mid-winter waiting for a passport ????

Do you mean to say that your house doesn't have a heating system?

If you don't want to go back to Norway, why not stay in a neighbouring country like Laos, Philippines and wait for your passport there?

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, There was fella several months back flew X Saigon into Don Mueang, with extensive history. Denied entry and flown back to Saigon (at his expense) was then denied entry at Saigon. UK guy so bit surprised he was denied entry in return to Saigon. Maybe your not allowed to do back to back visa exempt into Vietnam? So he then flew X Saigon to UK.

The visa excempt to Vietnam applies only if you have stayed 30 days outside of the country after the last visit. That is why it can be risky to fly from Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fat Controller said:

The OP could have all the money in the world, however Thailand Elite DO NOT entertain applications from people who have previously overstayed, he has well and truly f***** that option.

Mr Fat. Only quoting you to highlight your post. Think elite visa company will/may tolerate short overstay. However I always point out what you have stated. 

I never ever thought I would consider EV as I'm over 50. 

Now not ruling it out. I have zero overstay.

Just reminder to younger folk, never rule anything out if possible.

3 hours ago, MrMilk said:

That`s correct. You can not re-enter before 30 days has passed since the exit stamp. That`s what the rules on the internet say.

However, I managed to get a Visa through a internet agent less than 12 hours after I exited...

Ok, I accept what your posting. 

I only post this to assist someone in similar situation or somehow arrived Vietnam without required "letter of invitation". You can obtain that online even if arrive Vietnam airports. It takes ~ 2-3 hours. 

In the OP case where he was able to obtain SETV to Vietnam. That's different. Must of obtained e-visa. Which is possible for Vietnam.

This would be useful info to anyone denied entry at Thai airport.

When OP issues are finished, hopefully can post entire details to assist others.

4 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Here we go again.  Let's give you the benefit of the doubt, then why so many many  TVF member have so many tortured immigration issues...before you dive into the save thailand mentality, I am talking about normal folks having issues, ie, medical insurance, Immigration officers "choosing" to be consistently inconsistent, etc, not criminals.  The counter argument evidence to your comment is massive, just review the titles on TVF since the inception; but honestly you are as entitled to believe in the devil, god, or anything as we all are.   Simply put, "we agree to disagree" on this point and i/we are appreciate your of view.  Glad your thai immigration is akin to finding a unicorn, we are all thrilled for you.  

I have been in los 7 yr. Very short compared to many. I find my annual extensions at CW VERY simple. Granted it takes almost a day with travel etc to obtain my next 12 month permission of stay. I do my reentry permits at airport.

As for Vietnam, I obtain 4 x 90 day multi entry that costs total 280usd per year. 

It's easy living in Asia. 

Your post has too many holes to waste time on. To just pic one or two.

Re insurance. Change from non O-A to non O.

Easy.

I like your other comment "review the titles". There is current thread re complaining about need to draw map of where you live for extension CW. Utter useless thread.

BTW I provide photocopy of flyer from my condo bkk that has a map. Never drawn map in 7 years. Just to add, my last extension the lovely imm officer filled in the 3 "extra forms" for me. 

Get a grip.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I have been in los 7 yr. Very short compared to many. I find my annual extensions at CW VERY simple. Granted it takes almost a day with travel etc to obtain my next 12 month permission of stay. I do my reentry permits at airport.

As for Vietnam, I obtain 4 x 90 day multi entry that costs total 280usd per year. 

It's easy living in Asia. 

Your post has too many holes to waste time on. To just pic one or two.

Re insurance. Change from non O-A to non O.

Easy.

I like your other comment "review the titles". There is current thread re complaining about need to draw map of where you live for extension CW. Utter useless thread.

BTW I provide photocopy of flyer from my condo bkk that has a map. Never drawn map in 7 years. Just to add, my last extension the lovely imm officer filled in the 3 "extra forms" for me. 

Get a grip.

I don't have a dog in this fight, therefore, i honestly couldn't care less what your thoughts are....arguing/debating back and forth is a waste....i'd rather stare at a hot thai girl.  Bottom line, your immigration experience is as wonderful as can be.  I have my opinion based on experience/facts; you have yours, and i'm heading out for a beer at skyfall (walking street) for mindless/mind numbing visual stimulation....you all can debate this like debating why death waits for all of us... 

Edited by mike787
  • Haha 2

"Every time I have gotten the 30 day Visa at entry and after 30 day I go to the Immigration and received a 30 day extention." - Do people who have a Norwegian passport need to get a 30 Day Visa on Arrival lining up with all the other Indians, Chinese, etc. I would've thought a Western country would get 30 days without needing a visa, meaning 30 days Visa Exempt.

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

"Every time I have gotten the 30 day Visa at entry and after 30 day I go to the Immigration and received a 30 day extention." - Do people who have a Norwegian passport need to get a 30 Day Visa on Arrival lining up with all the other Indians, Chinese, etc. I would've thought a Western country would get 30 days without needing a visa, meaning 30 days Visa Exempt.

You are not getting a visa.

You qualify for 30 day visa EXEMPT entry.

Not available to some countries who need to obtain visa on arrival.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are not getting a visa.

You qualify for 30 day visa EXEMPT entry.

Not available to some countries who need to obtain visa on arrival.

Yes, that's why it didn't much sense when the OP said that every time he has gotten a 30 day Visa to enter Thailand on his Norwegian passport.

Edited by bbi1

18 hours ago, Timwin said:

This is just so insane. Norway with almost 12 times of GDP per capita that of Thailand, the richest country in Europe. Surely would be a win-win for Thailand to allow this guy in but they are treating him like cheap dirt... 

I know that is what we have exactly wrt Visa waivers, ie particular Nationalities being treated preferentially, but I am happy to see a level playing field being applied to all, when it comes to people falsely using Tourist means to live in Thailand. 

If you are denied entry, you must fly back to either your home country or origin country.

You are not allowed to fly to another country, for the vast majority of cases.

What you must do asap is to go to your embassy and renew your passport, before attempting any flight.

If you are Norwegian, then any Norwegian embassy will renew it for you in any country, as long as they have consular service.

If your passport expires within 180 days already, you are out of options.

Either fly back to europe (there are cheap flights to Berlin or Athens via Singapore usually, or other places via hong kong) or find a place that allows you entry with your current passport and let's you renew the passport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_diplomatic_missions_of_Norway#Asia

It's almost certain, you will be denied entry again, only that this time if you are returned to origin and your passport doesn't have enough validity, you are not eligible to enter the country and therefore, you are sent back to Norway.

You may argue you are european citizen, so any europe location will do... but it's up to them.

If you have enough money, you can also try to get married in europe, apply there on the thai embassy and go back with the proper visa, though your wife will probably have to go places in thailand to get things translated and perhaps a lot of documents.

Also check the visa requirements and extensions for married people.

You need 400k in a bank account in your name (not joint account) in Thailand or monthly income, that arrives exactly every month to your thai bank account. Point is... you are not supposed to be able to get a bank account in thailand, so get ready to be grilled as well.

A multiple entry visa based on marriage, where available, may make more sense for you.

Student visa will also get you denied as well as multiple entry tourist visa.

Edited by peixotorms
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, peixotorms said:

If you are denied entry, you must fly back to either your home country or origin country.

You are not allowed to fly to another country, for the vast majority of cases.

You can fly anywhere you want if you don't sign their 'confession' admitting you have no money.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You can fly anywhere you want if you don't sign their 'confession' admitting you have no money.

I didn't sign anything when I was denied entry in August last year, and I was only allowed to fly back to KL or to Europe.

The only paper I got, was an "order of expulsion" which was sent to malaysia immigration by airasia together with my passport.

I only got my passport back in Malaysia, by the immigration officer that asked me what happened and said "Welcome to Malaysia".

I specifically asked them to fly to Japan (I have family there) and I was not allowed, but then, maybe I was just unlucky with that female officer in DMK.

The thing I hate most about thailand is that we are always playing lottery with multiple entries, so never again for me.

Edited by peixotorms

With no relevant experience I can’t offer answers but I just can’t help wondering why you messed up so badly with overstays and too many exempt entries. Why didn’t you just get the appropriate visas if you knew you wanted to stay long term. Even the Elite visa is now not an option because of your overstay.

26 minutes ago, peixotorms said:

I didn't sign anything when I was denied entry in August last year, and I was only allowed to fly back to KL or to Europe.

The only paper I got, was an "order of expulsion" which was sent to malaysia immigration by airasia together with my passport.

I only got my passport back in Malaysia, by the immigration officer that asked me what happened and said "Welcome to Malaysia".

I specifically asked them to fly to Japan (I have family there) and I was not allowed, but then, maybe I was just unlucky with that female officer in DMK.

The thing I hate most about thailand is that we are always playing lottery with multiple entries, so never again for me.

Did you already have a return ticket to Malaysia or were you forced to purchase one? I assume that getting Air Asia to fly you without holding a ticket wouldn't be easy even if they are legally obliged to.