NON IMM O

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The first step is to leave the country without a re-entry permit, apply for a tourist visa or if you qualify for one a get 30 day visa exempt entry.

Then apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

Requirments are here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

The during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry from the visa apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

But he also have the option just to buy a non immigrant O outside Thailand instead of a tourist-VISA right??

glegolo

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, glegolo said:

But he also have the option just to buy a non immigrant O outside Thailand instead of a tourist-VISA right??

Of course he could. But the nearby locations to get one are limited and some people are unable to meet the requirements.

But many people are choosing the border hop for a 30 day visa exempt entry.

• Like 1

Ubon

i would like to switch from OA to O as well. On am already on my existing OA extension and do it is due to expire in May. My question is that I have the seasoned 800,000 already but I used TransferWise so I can not prove the it came from out of country. What you recommend I do in that case?

7 minutes ago, regularguy said:

i would like to switch from OA to O as well. On am already on my existing OA extension and do it is due to expire in May. My question is that I have the seasoned 800,000 already but I used TransferWise so I can not prove the it came from out of country. What you recommend I do in that case?

First I would suggest you ask you local immigration office if they will accept the 800k baht that has been in the bank for a period of time without proof it came from abroad. 

You should also be able to use the transferwise receipts to prove it was sent from outside the country.

If unable to apply for it at immigration you could apply for single entry non-o visa in Savannakhet or Penang by showing the money in the bank and proof you are retired. That can be a pension statement or some other proof you are getting a pension. Or a statement done at your embassy stating your are retired.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i dont know how common it is but when i extended having changed from monthly income to 800K the IO at CW didn't ask to see proof the money originated overseas or ask to see TM30 receipt.

That is normal since it is not required to apply for an extension of stay at immigration.

27 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Which embassies provide that? British Embassy doesn't

Have you asked the British embassy if they would do one?

I am sure there are many embassies that would do it. At the majority of them you could still get proof of income that could also be used for proof you are retired.

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Have you asked the British embassy if they would do one?

I am sure there are many embassies that would do it. At the majority of them you could still get proof of income that could also be used for proof you are retired.

Yes i asked them, they aren't easy to contact, they have a list of standard questions and answers but i emailed them and the answer was they don't issue a statement of retirement or income statement. Happy for someone to say otherwise

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes i asked them, they aren't easy to contact, they have a list of standard questions and answers but i emailed them and the answer was they don't issue a statement of retirement or income statement. Happy for someone to say otherwise

All part of their standard (non-)service for us Brit expats, of course! But hopefully occupational pension provider statements and/or State Pension statements from DWP would do the trick in our case as regards obtaining non-O visas on retirement grounds from Savannakhet or Penang.

@ubonjoe - but would Savannakhet and/or Penang be likely to insist on certified Thai translations of these statements?

Edited by OJAS

31 minutes ago, OJAS said:

All part of their standard (non-)service for us Brit expats, of course! But hopefully occupational pension provider statements and/or State Pension statements from DWP would do the trick in our case as regards obtaining non-O visas on retirement grounds from Savannakhet or Penang.

@ubonjoe

Not much use for us over 50 but not pension age

Edited by scubascuba3

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The first step is to leave the country without a re-entry permit, apply for a tourist visa or if you qualify for one a get 30 day visa exempt entry.

Then apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category O) entry at immigration.

Requirments are here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323081128.pdf

The during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry from the visa apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I guess the person must have the 800,000 Baht in his Thai bank already? If yes since how long?
My question is because I may be a bit short for my marriage in time before my next extension. In this case, I will do that too it does not seem too difficult.

7 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

I guess the person must have the 800,000 Baht in his Thai bank already? If yes since how long?

You have to have money in the bank to apply for the visa but only on the day you apply. You could put it in the bank on the same day you apply if you wanted to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to have money in the bank to apply for the visa but only on the day you apply. You could put it in the bank on the same day you apply if you wanted to.

Thank you I worried a lot, mainly considering my age because of this sickness insurance and I start to worry a lot less and it is largely thanks to you, I must tell you sir.

10 hours ago, regularguy said:

Ubon

Why not just transfer the money using your own bank from home? My  American bank (Chase) only charges a flat transfer fee of $40USD no matter how much you send via wire transfer and the exchange rate was less that 100 baht off from what I was expecting on a $25,000 transfer.

10 hours ago, regularguy said:

Regularguy

If you go to your Transferwise account, and click on each transfer, there will be a link to "details"  The details show its conversion from your currency to THB, the bank in Thailand it was sent to, and your Thai account number.  You can print each one off. 

Hi,

@Mickey Mouse / @regularguy / @Tchooptip

UbonJoe addressed your queries already, and is of course fully correct in his response.

For your info I also PM-ed you a comprehensive roadmap addressing all options and details on how to convert from an OA - retirement Visa extension to an O - retirement Visa (this in order to dodge the bogus health-insurance requirement now mandatory when applying for an extension of an original OA Visa for reason of retirement).

Note: To access your PM messages, click the letter-icon next to profile when logged in to the Forum.

so how does one get the O visa, over 50 am I, but without depositing 800k?  reading the O application instructions, it does not seem to allow for showing 65k monthly transfers?  USA be me so can't get what used to be the simple embassy letter.

So the question is, can one get a Non O basically from scratch, starting with a SETV or moving fast with a Visa exempt and one extension?

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

i dont know how common it is but when i extended having changed from monthly income to 800K the IO at CW didn't ask to see proof the money originated overseas or ask to see TM30 receipt.

There is no requirement to show that the money came from overseas when obtaining a retirement extension based on money on deposit. The TM30 requirement has been on again, now off again, and varies between immigration offices. It may also be that they can see you have one filed, and hence it isn't mentioned. 

53 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

so how does one get the O visa, over 50 am I, but without depositing 800k?  reading the O application instructions, it does not seem to allow for showing 65k monthly transfers?  USA be me so can't get what used to be the simple embassy letter.

Immigration has not updated their websites or the PDF posted on them since they changed the police order allowing for transfers for proof.

You can use transfers of at least 65k baht if you have proof they came from abroad to do the application and they may also want proof of the source of your income.

53 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

So the question is, can one get a Non O basically from scratch, starting with a SETV or moving fast with a Visa exempt and one extension?

Yes you can.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has not updated their websites or the PDF posted on them since they changed the police order allowing for transfers for proof.

You can use transfers of at least 65k baht if you have proof they came from abroad to do the application and they may also want proof of the source of your income.

Yes you can.

How many transfers are needed?  Since this would be the first "visa" no year has elapsed.  Only would have had the SETV to leave plenty of time for the rest of the process.

25 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

How many transfers are needed?  Since this would be the first "visa" no year has elapsed.  Only would have had the SETV to leave plenty of time for the rest of the process.

The rules state that for the first extension application only one transfer is needed so it should be the same for the visa application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

"So the question is, can one get a Non O basically from scratch, starting with a SETV or moving fast with a Visa exempt and one extension?"

Yes you can, but when converting the SETV or a visa exempt to a 90 days Non-immigrant O, you still need either the 800k in the bank, or have a >65k monthly pension and a proof of the source and (maybe) a proof of retirement. But I don't know what documents immigration requires when not having the income letter from an embassy/consulate. 

Edited by Max69xl

27 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"So the question is, can one get a Non O basically from scratch, starting with a SETV or moving fast with a Visa exempt and one extension?"

Yes you can, but when converting the SETV or a visa exempt to a 90 days Non-immigrant O, you still need either the 800k in the bank, or have a >65k monthly pension and a proof of the source and (maybe) a proof of retirement. But I don't know what documents immigration requires when not having the income letter from an embassy/consulate. 

50\50 at best the monthly 65k will work at Jomtien for UK, US and Australia as no embassy letter. Try it and let us know

22 hours ago, Max69xl said:

But I don't know what documents immigration requires when not having the income letter from an embassy/consulate. 

Same as applying for a extension of stay for the first time.

Bank letter, bank statement and bank book to show at least one transfer equal to or greater than 65k baht into the country from abroad.