I Need Some Help Please!

Paksera

I’m a Swedish man who lives in Thailand six month a year. I have lived with my Thai girlfriend for four years now, both in Thailand and in Sweden. But now it has come to my attention that she has been lying and steeling from me.

The thing now is that she has steeling my rent money and giving me fake receipt. The owner now want’s is money and throw me out of the condo. My girlfriend has signed a contract with the owner that she will pay back the money by Friday.

But the thing is that I can not read the contract since it’s in Thai and I can not understand what they are saying.

I can not trust my girlfriend anymore and the agency and the owner that show me the condo don’t speak so good English.

I have never done anything illegal or fooled anyone in my life and I feel very ashamed and bad about this.

I need someone who can sit with me on Friday and translate everything that is saying for me. And maybe explain to them what I have to say.

I’m not a rich man but if someone can help me with this I will compensate you. Please send me a PM and I will contact you.

Or give me some advice in the thread what I can do.

Sincerely //Paksera

hi there....

depending how long the contract is and how soon you need to give them the answer, I can take a look at what it says and try to summarise the content for you?

i dont know if you can post the contract in word document? if yes then send it to me via PM. but if u dont have it in word...would it be possible to scan it then send via PM :o

cheers and good luck.

edited some words :D

Edited by MiG16

Sorry to be harsh but . . . . contact the Tourist Police who are multi-lingual (especially with the Farang in Blue/Black in their ranks) and get a lawyer - immediately! Do not rely on the apparent goodwill of 'forum friends'.

JxP

This is the best advice possible. There is a list of lawyers at the top of the forum in this thread..

Tourist police are on: 1699 or 053-247318

Thank you all for your support and advice.

I went to the tourist police and they check all the papers and said that there founds where limited and the best thing was that I paid (again).

They also said that I havent done anything wrong and if I wanted to proceed I have to contact a lawyer.

But I was thinking that is better to pay the rent again because it will cost me more to bring this to court.

But this scare's me. Even if I now pay directly to the owner and he give's me a recite, what will happen if he still reclaim that he doesn't have got the money from me? (I don't think this will happen since I think he's an honest man) but if?

Do I really need a lawyer to be safe when I rent something here?

Edit: I can now stay in the condo, but it has cost me alot.

Edited by Paksera

[ Even if I now pay directly to the owner and he give's me a recite, what will happen if he still reclaim that he doesn't have got the money from me? (I don't think this will happen since I think he's an honest man) but if?[/font]

You might take a friend along when you pay and get a receipt and that friend would be a witness who could verify that you paid.

You probably do not need a lawyer to rent, seems like the problem was not renting but trusting somebody to pay your rent for you. In the future, pay it yourself to be safe.

I went to the tourist police and they check all the papers and said that there founds where limited and the best thing was that I paid (again).

They also said that I havent done anything wrong and if I wanted to proceed I have to contact a lawyer.

But I was thinking that is better to pay the rent again because it will cost me more to bring this to court.

But this scare's me. Even if I now pay directly to the owner and he give's me a recite, what will happen if he still reclaim that he doesn't have got the money from me? (I don't think this will happen since I think he's an honest man) but if?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. To realize a person you trusted has betrayed you is a terrible feeling.

From what you have written, I don't think you need to worry about the owner. But be careful with choosing a partner, and do not let her achieve too much control of your finances. That is where things went wrong.

In your original post you stated that you had been thrown out of your condo already, if that is the case you need to choose beteween doing the right thing and moving on(1) or just moving on(2).

1 - Pay the unpaid rent and move on to a new place to start afresh.

2 - Just move on to start afresh but be concerned that you may have to look over your shoulder.

It seems from your last post that you have already made this decision - IMHO I would still move on to a new place - your track record is stained where you are now.

In my opinion you have to write this off as a learning experience AND learn by it.

Do not bother taking this to court unless you have a very good lawyer and are talking about significant amounts of currency, even then - as a 'farang' - think twice about it.

No, you do not need a lawyer to rent a place but you do need to be somewhat more careful about who and how you trust with your finances.

Good luck.

JxP

[...]

At first I thought that I had to move out, but after the meeting today the owner give me some slack. He understood what's that happened to me and he even give me a discount.

(And I really respect him for that)

He didn't do anything wrong. It was my mistake to trust someone close to me. But I'm still confused why they didn't contacted me earlier.

But just to make everything clear: It was my mistake to trust my fiancee for four years (little ironi). The owner has been very good to me now, and I feel that I had to make up to him. He didn't do anything wrong and he will also pay back the deposit when I move out.

Edited by Paksera

[...]

At first I thought that I had to move out, but after the meeting today the owner give me some slack. He understood what's that happened to me and he even give me a discount.

(And I really respect him for that)

He didn't do anything wrong. It was my mistake to trust someone close to me. But I'm still confused why they didn't contacted me earlier.

But just to make everything clear: It was my mistake to trust my fiancee for four years. The owner has been very good to me now, and I feel that I had to make up to him. He didn't do anything wrong.

You sound like a good man, though for some reason not quite the same man as the OP (welcome to the communal font by the way!) but anyway . . . .

Take care and I wish you luck.

JxP

You sound like a good man, though for some reason not quite the same man as the OP (welcome to the communal font by the way!) but anyway . . . .

JxP

I'm sorry but I did not understand that. Do you mean that I'm not the same man who started the thread?

And what does OP stand for? Sorry that I'm not so experienced with international forum.

Edited by Paksera

My advice:

1) Move to a new place.

2) Break off all contact with the woman. Change your cell number etc.

3) Consider the possibility that the landlord is also dishonest. He may have received some of the rent already, but has an agreement with your girlfriend to charge you again (sorry but these things happen).

4) Forget lawyers and going to court. It's not worth it.

5) And some sincere personal advice: don't get into financial arrangements with girlfriends, fiancees, even wives unless you live together. No allowance, salary, monthly maintenance, etc. Unfortunately it is almost always a scam.

JxP

I'm sorry but I did not understand that. Do you mean that I'm not the same man who started the thread?

And what does OP stand for? Sorry that I'm not so experienced with international forum.

Paksera - ignore me, it was late - changing your font just seemed like changing your accent to me! Nice to see you conforming all the same!

OP = Original Post/Poster/Posting

JxP

My advice:

1) Move to a new place.

[...]

I have now decided to move to Bangkok for a little while and then I will visit my sister in Norway. I need to relax and get some fresh air before I get back to work in June.

My advice:

1) Move to a new place.

3) Consider the possibility that the landlord is also dishonest. He may have received some of the rent already, but has an agreement with your girlfriend to charge you again (sorry but these things happen).

4) Forget lawyers and going to court. It's not worth it.

5) And some sincere personal advice: don't get into financial arrangements with girlfriends, fiancees, even wives unless you live together. No allowance, salary, monthly maintenance, etc. Unfortunately it is almost always a scam.

Well said. All the bases covered.

I’m a Swedish man who lives in Thailand six month a year. I have lived with my Thai girlfriend for four years now, both in Thailand and in Sweden. But now it has come to my attention that she has been lying and steeling from me.

The thing now is that she has steeling my rent money and giving me fake receipt. The owner now want’s is money and throw me out of the condo. My girlfriend has signed a contract with the owner that she will pay back the money by Friday.

But the thing is that I can not read the contract since it’s in Thai and I can not understand what they are saying.

I can not trust my girlfriend anymore and the agency and the owner that show me the condo don’t speak so good English.

I have never done anything illegal or fooled anyone in my life and I feel very ashamed and bad about this.

I need someone who can sit with me on Friday and translate everything that is saying for me. And maybe explain to them what I have to say.

I’m not a rich man but if someone can help me with this I will compensate you. Please send me a PM and I will contact you.

Or give me some advice in the thread what I can do.

Sincerely //Paksera

Not sure if I am reading this correctly. I would not refer to the girl as your girlfriend anymore. I would find a new place and a new girlfriend. If she signed a contract with the condo owner then I think she has the problem and not you.

Also, if the condo owner did not get the money every month, didn't he wonder where it was at? How many months passed before he asked for it? It sounds like the condo owner and your girlfriend planned this together. I wouldn't pay anyone. Let the condo owner get the lawer if he wants to sue you. I think your being scammed by both.

[Richard 10365]

Not sure if I am reading this correctly. I would not refer to the girl as your girlfriend anymore. I would find a new place and a new girlfriend. If she signed a contract with the condo owner then I think she has the problem and not you.

Also, if the condo owner did not get the money every month, didn't he wonder where it was at? How many months passed before he asked for it? It sounds like the condo owner and your girlfriend planned this together. I wouldn't pay anyone. Let the condo owner get the lawer if he wants to sue you. I think your being scammed by both.

Agree 100%.

If the rental contract is in your name, let the other party sue you if they are really out of pocket. Good luck.

Edited by Contractor