U.S. Social Security SSA-1099 Tax Form Received

Pib

14 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Where USA or Thailand? First Class or express. You have left some very important information out. Just saying.

I received the notification here in Thailand, where I reside.   On the outside of the official social security administration envelope is printed "letter par avion" so I guess it is standard air mail. It shows a monthly benefit increase of 1.3%.Hhoping  my SSA 1099 is on the way.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is something wrong with the mail where you live.

Received my COLA letter on Christmas day here in Ubon.

Have not received any notifications from SSA by mail for the past 3 years. Have gone over to DHL and FedEX. And for information on SSA I contact SSA in Manila.

On 1/28/2021 at 4:29 PM, khwaibah said:

Where USA or Thailand? First Class or express. You have left some very important information out. Just saying.

I received the notification here in Thailand, where I reside.   On the outside of the official social security administration envelope is printed "letter par avion" so I guess it is standard air mail. It shows a monthly benefit increase of 1.3%.Hhoping  my SSA 1099 is on the way.

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, J Town said:

I got mine from the OPM website, submitted my taxes 20 January through an online tax company, and still waiting to see if the IRS accepted it.

IRS is not accepting online tax returns this year until February 12 - your online system should have told you that.

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

IRS is not accepting online tax returns this year until February 12 - your online system should have told you that.

You can submit your return on-line, or mail it, today.

It just won't be submitted and processed until Feb 12, 2021.

Example:

TurboTax is already accepting tax returns and will securely hold them for transmission to the IRS and States once they begin accepting e-file. Whether you want to do your taxes yourself, file with the help of an expert or have an expert file for you, TurboTax is open and ready to help you get your biggest refund.

Seen some IRS PR that early returns will take ~ 6 weeks.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

You can submit your return on-line, or mail it, today.

It just won't be submitted and processed until Feb 12, 2021.

Example:

TurboTax is already accepting tax returns and will securely hold them for transmission to the IRS and States once they begin accepting e-file. Whether you want to do your taxes yourself, file with the help of an expert or have an expert file for you, TurboTax is open and ready to help you get your biggest refund.

Seen some IRS PR that early returns will take ~ 6 weeks.

That was what I intended to say - IRS is not accepting online until Feb 12.  As for TurboTax tried that - paid for that - their server refused to accept upload so out $40.  Advised them - no response.  Not a happy camper and was not impressed with the kindergarten software starting over every time you entered something.  Went to OLT.com and used their free service - software much better for me.  Oh yes - refund is the same as TurboTax.  

Edited by lopburi3

The wife and I received our SSA 1099's today/1 Feb 2021.  We live in Bangkok. 

And in about 2 more hours when the MySSA Online goes online in the U.S. we should be able to download a copy also since replacement copies "via download" are suppose to be available beginning 1 Feb. 

On 1/27/2020 at 5:42 PM, Pib said:

Today/27 Jan 2020 the mailman delivered our (the wife and I) SSA-1099 for 2019  forms at our Bangkok residence.   You know, the form you need to file your federal/state tax returns.

These are your 2019 Tax Year forms?  

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

These are your 2019 Tax Year forms?  

My 27 Jan 20 post you quoted above was for our 2019 SSA1099's.  My 1 Feb 21 post was for our 2020 SSA1099's.  So, this year's snail mail 1099 arrived 5 days later than last year's in our case.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Pib said:

The wife and I received our SSA 1099's today/1 Feb 2021.  We live in Bangkok. 

And in about 2 more hours when the MySSA Online goes online in the U.S. we should be able to download a copy also since replacement copies "via download" are suppose to be available beginning 1 Feb. 

Just downloaded SSA 1099's for the wife and I from our MySSA online accts.   Effective 1 Feb you can download what they call a "replacement copy" which supposedly is a replacement for your snail mail copy which might not have shown up yet....see first snapshot below which is from my MySSA online acct under the Replacement Documents menu selection.   SSA makes a copy available for download beginning 1 Feb of each year on your MySSA acct.

"And" you can also request a replacement "snail mail" copy which I did  kinda by accident when I clicked on a link which talked about getting a snail mail replacement copy.  I figured once I click the link it will ask me to confirm that I want a snail mail replacement, but no, I got confirmation that a replacement snail mail copy will be mailed---see second snapshot below.  Approx 10 days to receive with a U.S. address; approx 30 days for an overseas address. 

1st snapshot....under Replacement Documents in your MySSA online acct.

image.png.874dd2c04fd26dc7d55ee2cfb3b09bc4.png

2nd Snapshot...confirmation of another snail mail copy heading my way.

image.png.c2ad862c57008913c4979da6b8e33de2.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 5:25 PM, Pib said:

Just downloaded SSA 1099's for the wife and I from our MySSA online accts.   Effective 1 Feb you can download what they call a "replacement copy" which supposedly is a replacement for your snail mail copy which might not have shown up yet....see first snapshot below which is from my MySSA online acct under the Replacement Documents menu selection.   SSA makes a copy available for download beginning 1 Feb of each year on your MySSA acct.

"And" you can also request a replacement "snail mail" copy which I did  kinda by accident when I clicked on a link which talked about getting a snail mail replacement copy.  I figured once I click the link it will ask me to confirm that I want a snail mail replacement, but no, I got confirmation that a replacement snail mail copy will be mailed---see second snapshot below.  Approx 10 days to receive with a U.S. address; approx 30 days for an overseas address. 

1st snapshot....under Replacement Documents in your MySSA online acct.

image.png.874dd2c04fd26dc7d55ee2cfb3b09bc4.png

2nd Snapshot...confirmation of another snail mail copy heading my way.

image.png.c2ad862c57008913c4979da6b8e33de2.png

Above where I said the wife requested a "replacement" by snail mail on 1 Feb....well, it arrived today/19 Feb at our Bangkok home....the replacement 1099 was generated/printed on 2 Feb....post marks on the envelope show it was mailed from Baltimore on 10 Feb.   

Edited by Pib