The French fishermen who could sink Britain's post-Brexit ambitions

webfact

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

My paternal grandfather was born in the Gorbals and my maternal grandmother was Welsh, seems like I have all the credentials to hate the English like most on here.

I'm OK though, mum was born within the sound of Bow Bells.....????

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, blazes said:

I would think the result of this little squabble is known in advance: the last time the French won a battle over the English was in 1066 (and even then it was only the Norman French).

If this statement were right, England woud still hold half of France ! We did win some majot battles later (Crecy, Agincourt) which all Brits know about thanks to Shakespear and Olivier's Henri 5. But we must have lost a lot (obvously I do not know them) later to end the 100 Year War.  We realy should have claimed back Normandy after liberating it (with US help) in 1944  ..........

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maingmoom said:

It's a shame we are not leaving on WTO terms. It would save all this <deleted> being spoken on here.

Patience , just a 6 month's waiting and it shall apear on the horizon ..

no other solution after the Tory awakening ..????

No alingment with E.U. is your garantie on your wish ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yes, I'll buy it. 

Aparingly many of British TV members are dreaming of a long already vanished empire far away from reality. In this global world there is no place for little countries fighting on their own. 

To secure prosperity it's ultimate ratio to build up trading blocs in order to use maximum power. 

It would be advised to stop words and phrases used in war times. 

UK is a devided country thanks to UK's incapable governments (and sure it was not wise for EU not to explain the disadvantages of Brexit prior to that awful referendum) 

UK lost all reputation in this struggle and it's almost impossible to trust that government which is not working for a nation but for themselves. 

They dumped the chance of creating a united Europe with chances for free movement and education for everyone. 

Only with better education this seperation from mainland Europe could have been prevented and now reversed. 

Oh hello, only a couple of hours now when what the populous voted for will be implimented...Freedom at last...But, I wish you luck with your furure..........:intheclub:

• Like 2

I talked about the fishing problem related to Brexit 3 years ago & they still did not even sort this out in all that time. Fishing alone will cost lives as there will be a "fishing war"

which should have all been clarified before,,, but holidays take preference no doubt

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yes, I'll buy it. 

Aparingly many of British TV members are dreaming of a long already vanished empire far away from reality. In this global world there is no place for little countries fighting on their own. 

To secure prosperity it's ultimate ratio to build up trading blocs in order to use maximum power. 

It would be advised to stop words and phrases used in war times. 

UK is a devided country thanks to UK's incapable governments (and sure it was not wise for EU not to explain the disadvantages of Brexit prior to that awful referendum) 

UK lost all reputation in this struggle and it's almost impossible to trust that government which is not working for a nation but for themselves. 

They dumped the chance of creating a united Europe with chances for free movement and education for everyone. 

Only with better education this seperation from mainland Europe could have been prevented and now reversed. 

Come in number 76. Where are you. I hope you will be celebrating tonight that the UK is released from its 47 year bondage.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

if the French seafood industry get together on this and put pressure on Macron

this issue could prove rather tricky

French protesters don't give in easily - they are stayers

Cannot remember off hand if BJ has expressed a clear policy re UK waters

Just now, Laughing Gravy said:

Please don't be so melodramatic. The loss of millions of life in a war is nothing you should even try and compare with.

I'm just going by all the pro Brexit posts appearing all over the internet proclaiming we got through the blitz so Brexit will be no problem.

If its good enough for Brexiteers to speak about it then its good enough for me.

Anyway what happened to your party spirit and jovial mood. It was meant as a lighthearted jibe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Thats it guys keep up the Dunkirk spirit.

Its just like the blitz eh?

Imagine being in one of the underground shelters where 52% of the people in there had voted for the blitz and the other 48% hadn't.

Your words are disgusting. It's a world war 2 language which I hoped we had overcome. ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

if the French seafood industry get together on this and put pressure on Macron

this issue could prove rather tricky

French protesters don't give in easily - they are stayers

Cannot remember off hand if BJ has expressed a clear policy re UK waters

I haven’t noticed a clear policy on anything, yet........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

Let me see if I understand this correctly, The British want to be granted a  special deal for access to EU markets but they don't want to grand special access to their fishing grounds.  

Exactly from the beginning so....out of the club and keeping all privilages for free on top ......named "get our cake and eat it .."

Was always their objective..... "living the Imperial dream "    

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I'm just going by all the pro Brexit posts appearing all over the internet proclaiming we got through the blitz so Brexit will be no problem.

If its good enough for Brexiteers to speak about it then its good enough for me.

Anyway what happened to your party spirit and jovial mood. It was meant as a lighthearted jibe. 

Well I don't consider the loss of millions of peoples lives in the war as lighthearted. Appearing all over the internet?

I don't see so many here as I believe most posters are level headed and respectful, no matter what side of the Brexit fence you sit.

I am in great spirit. Soon it will be Gin (Gordons of course). Who knows what next.

• Like 1