The French fishermen who could sink Britain's post-Brexit ambitions

webfact

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I don't consider the loss of millions of peoples lives in the war as lighthearted. Appearing all over the internet?

I don't see so many here as I believe most posters are level headed and respectful, no matter what side of the Brexit fence you sit.

I am in great spirit. Soon it will be Gin (Gordons of course). Who knows what next.

You know that Gordons Gin is Scottish aye?

Look enjoy your celebrations. I genuinely hope I am wrong about Brexit. I truly do not want any ill to befall our southern neighbours. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You know that Gordons Gin is Scottish aye?

Look enjoy your celebrations. I genuinely hope I am wrong about Brexit. I truly do not want any ill to befall our southern neighbours. 

Yes and I know Scotland is part of the UK. All Jolly. Thanks I will enjoy. Have some faith.

6 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Oh dear. If that's the way you feel. I can assure you as already mentioned that yourself and one or two other posters consistently hijacking this thread about Scottish independence, is tiresome.

Start your own thread.

Nothing more clarion that a song that many Scotts sing about a battle hundreds of years ago when they defeated the English. The song for Scottish nationalism.

You had your chance in 2014. It seems you want another and another and another, until you get the one you like. I can see why you favour the EU.

Please stay on topic. You are wandering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, david555 said:

Exactly from the beginning so....out of the club and keeping all privilages for free on top ......named "get our cake and eat it .."

Was always their objective..... "living the Imperial dream "    

And very shortly our "Imperialness " will be re-instated....How about yours...?????

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, transam said:

And very shortly our "Imperialness " will be re-instated....How about yours...?????

We are already happy satisfied being a democratic union who can say very easy NO to would be Imperialists....????

Today i eat this cake laughing same time as i know U.K. never got it and shall never unless bake it yourself , anyway enjoy indep. As tommorow same as before for 11months...????

20191224_173832.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

We are already happy satisfied being a democratic union who can say very easy NO to would be Imperialists....????

Happy, I reckon your telling porkies, because your lot don't know where they are going...????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No I am not. Stop hijacking a thread about Brexit and french fisherman. Scotland has nothing to do with it although you and others have tried to bombard it with your Scottish Independence rhetoric.

The UK is leaving the EU tonight and Scotland is part of the UK and may she continue. As for the french and their fishing. They have pillaged long enough. The time will stop soon.

Sorry LG, old pal, but only one of us has written the S word in the this thread - and it ain't me. I was merely laughing at the absurdity of your outrage when someone dared to mention the war, a subject that has been traduced and abused repeatedly by countless Brexit leaders.

But facts aside, I do not see the word MODERATOR under your avatar. Maybe you should ask the tech bods to add it?

• Like 2

OMG! People still buying into this rubbish of might and could.  12 and a half hours and we are out. To the French try it! We will defend our sovereign waters (as covered by international law) as we will our land (ask the Argentinians how that went). My advice to the Frence wash your whites as you will need them again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Sorry LG, old pal, but only one of us has written the S word in the this thread - and it ain't me. I was merely laughing at the absurdity of your outrage when someone dared to mention the war, a subject that has been traduced and abused repeatedly by countless Brexit leaders.

But facts aside, I do not see the word MODERATOR under your avatar. Maybe you should ask the tech bods to add it?

Enjoy the festivities. I am. I can't be bothered to say anymore. Other than we are leaving the EU. Today.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Victornoir said:

I think that French fishermen will be sacrificed in favor of a hard Brexit which will favor EU companies infinitely more.

Do you have a clue what your talking about? Obviously not, just ask German's industry. Phew...... 

6 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

You are right. It is in nearly every other thread you mention the S word. Still boring, done to death. No i am not a moderator and have no plans to be.  I feel I

shouldn't have to ask. I thought it was their job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Enjoy the festivities. I am. I can't be bothered to say anymore. Other than we are leaving the EU. Today.

O.K. enjoy …. but remember tomorrow all is back as before for 11 months …. strange "Indep.Honeymoon evening" ..... 

BTW couldn't they arrange Big Ben bongs on mp3 and big loudspeakers ….

(Britain leaves the EU and they can't even get a clock to ring'.")  LOL

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

O.K. enjoy …. but remember tomorrow all is back as before for 11 months …. strange "Indep.Honeymoon evening" ..... 

BTW couldn't they arrange Big Ben bongs on mp3 and big loudspeakers ….

(Britain leaves the EU and they can't even get a clock to ring'.")  LOL

My understanding is they are going to play Big Ben on a cassette player with the volume turned up to 11. 

6069__33649.1559667156.jpg

Edited by Rookiescot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

Does UK presently actually have a suitable fleet for harvesting UK waters?

Good enough for the UK market. We can build more boats while stocks recover from their 47-year trauma.

Then the French can buy some. Maybe.

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Oh give me strength! That is shameless, opportunistic posturing. Every tinpot brexit mandarin has been harking on about the war since this international humiliation was kicked off. It has been like catnip, liberally thrown about by countless Brexit conmen as they whipped the hoi poloi into a frenzy of rabid Europhobia. Nobody was making light over the war - we are laughing at how it is the clarion call for so many Brexiteers.

What a load. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Good enough for the UK market. We can build more boats while stocks recover from their 47-year trauma.

Then the French can buy some. Maybe.

Sure, you would need something to do  after your factories close. :tongue:

5 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

As usual, big words but no thoughts going beyond ''sovereignty". Most of the fish that is caught by the British is sold to the EU. Not giving the EU any access to British waters can be done, but where are you going to sell your catch? The EU will put tariffs on British caught fish in place if there is no agreement. Or do you like to eat fish for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

ฺBoris has a secret plan. All the Thai women married to Brits and living in the UK will ferment the excess fish, turning it into pla ra. And thus a new British delicacy will be born, to join the old favourites of Shepherds Pie and Toad in the Hole.

ปลาร้า.jpg

• Like 1