The French fishermen who could sink Britain's post-Brexit ambitions

webfact

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

agreeing with people like Scot123 and Loiner then you are in serious danger of being labeled as such.

Hey Vogie, do you want to come and sit with the cool kids. We won’t call you names like the Remainers do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Go ahead. List all the benefits of Brexit compared to remaining in the EU.

Now dont just use slogans like "Taking back control".

Actually list why the UK will be better off out.

in my view; taking back control is no bloody slogan it is real substance to many - very real

I see in my own country that this control bit is the issue most frequently pissing off the parliament

and causing severly high temperature between the love-EEAs and dislike-EEAs

(present PM is a EU freak, no inhibitations)

the out of EEA movement has enjoyed good traction the past couple of years - has to do with the control bit

interesting thing is that the whole political spectre gets agitated and urinated off

from far left to far right

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Thanks, Squire...interesting list.  Quick count sees (check me) 31 English victories out of 56 battles.  So, Johnny Foreigner won 25 (if you trust this particular count from Wiki).  But the French had beautiful plumage....

But, as Basil would say, "who WON the bleeding war, anyway?"

I mean, who actually won the Hundred Years War?

6 hours ago, vogie said:

What the hell has that got to do with Samran having an obvious dislike for Brits and feels the need to bait us in every one of his posts, why do you have to sympathise with people who try and ridicule us, we have had nearly four years of this constant snide remarks and insults, enough is enough already. Enjoy your celebrations.

As I’ve said multiple times, I don’t hate the Brits or the UK.

Just my disagreement with policy seems to be interpreted as such, which is typical for ultra nationalists.

We’ve got a war vet here being labeled a traitor for not sharing a brexit view of the world.

Simply my participation on threads like this seem to leave many of your colleagues frothing at the mouth. So much for the spirit of debate then. 

As for bendy bananas, blue passports and now tea towels, why would these things get to you?

It was your own choice...now own them. 

As for racists? Not you perhaps (I mean this genuinely based on what I see posted) - but some of your ‘mates’....have a look at their ‘like’ for snide little islamphobic and other assorted xenophobic themes posts for starters. I don’t make a big deal about it, but it is well noted. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You may not know but there are many pesky remainers who have been on the EU gravy Train who are still influential and the gravy train stops for them soon. Like children who have had their toys taken away they just can't accept it.

Regardless there are enough clocks in every UK household that will chime enough.

BTW does Holland have its own version of Big Ben or as usual has nothing to match what the UK has.

Should had done all this festivitys when you really become independent ....e.g. ....31 December ....lol....this look more lie a preview of it....5555

Edited by david555
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

Should had done all this festivitys when you really become independent ....e.g. ....31 December ....lol

Is it spoiling your party. You are going have to get use to it. We are leaving the EU in less than 1 hour. We are still part of Europe.

So no big Ben alternative for you then.

The sooner you accept it the better.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

9 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Is it spoiling your party. You are going have to get use to it. We are leaving the EU in less than 1 hour.

So no big Ben alternative for you then.

The sooner you accept it the better.

You mean a run of too it in 11 month effectiness ...following 11 month a foreign Union rules and even paying in it and no say in it .....while all stay 11 month bound to the ones you supposing became independant from in name ....Anyway if it make ypu happy ....congratulations ! ????

Edited by david555

7 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Ecstatic.

A independant Britain ..., who would never  be a rule taker or law taker .....now anyway for at least 11 month's being it ….

For me it would feel equal like   i would won Euromillions ... but get my money only in 11 months time ….

Like said before .... if it make you happy ....Congratulations !

BTW  anyway we thank Britain Brexit to unite us E.U. more than before , that effect I had on us …… thanks 

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Good luck with that. I disagree that it will unite the EU. Far from it. Time will tell.

Get your hands in your pockets as you will need to in the future.

Quoting only what fits you from my lines in full   is typical for the weakness in your reply … or did the full lines pain you maybe …?....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Quoting only what fits you from my lines in full   is typical for the weakness in your reply … or did the full lines pain you maybe …?....

Ha ha I am still waiting about Big Ben. Hypocrite.

Your other two sentences have been mentioned already.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

5 minutes ago, david555 said:

While we are on it I am still waiting for a reply about Holland voting No against an EU constitution. What does it feel like being from a country that disregards democracy.

• Like 2

UK bans EU fishing its waters,good news,UK freezes its fish,flogs it off to middle east/aussie etc. Rockall (Atlantic)  UK possession,bans fishing 200 mile perimeter,blimey  EU are in a mess,hell of a mess.  NO 93 billion deficit to EU.

Eire blockaded from using UK roads for haulage,tit for tat actually,EU will be doing it damndest.

Germany in recession,France down the pan regardless    Now England voting on Scotland remaining in UK,Scotland gone like yesterday    Good times ahead

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

We are still part of Europe.

Exactly. 

You were British and you still are. 

You were Europeans and you still are. 

You only left an association. 

But of course if you wish to party for this, up to you. 

Time will tell what really impact it will represent for the U.K. and the E.U.. 

I hope concretely better for the U.K. man in the street. 

I would be great if it would also be better for us Belgians, but a status-quo will be more than fine. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, david555 said:

O.K. enjoy …. but remember tomorrow all is back as before for 11 months …. strange "Indep.Honeymoon evening" ..... 

BTW couldn't they arrange Big Ben bongs on mp3 and big loudspeakers ….

(Britain leaves the EU and they can't even get a clock to ring'.")  LOL

Is that the best you can come up with.........Gawd.......????

PS. But expected....Now time for you to worry about paying for the EU cash short fall....????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

A independant Britain ..., who would never  be a rule taker or law taker .....now anyway for at least 11 month's being it ….

For me it would feel equal like   i would won Euromillions ... but get my money only in 11 months time ….

Like said before .... if it make you happy ....Congratulations !

BTW  anyway we thank Britain Brexit to unite us E.U. more than before , that effect I had on us …… thanks 

Unite the EU.........Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah........Very funny, very funny..............????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1