Plunge in arrivals from China may lead to Bt100 bn loss for tourism

snoop1130

10 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Hotel, restaurant owners in tourist place.

And their workers.

And the workers familys.

Tour companies.

And their workers. 

Land their familys.

Bus drivers, owners of shops for Chinese tourist. 

Etc etc etc.

They'd all prolly give more of a sheet if they started dropping dead.... but Ohh no the short shortsightedness of an empty wallet is all that concerns.

As this is China's fault they should be held liable for any losses (Human or financial).

Edited by Don Mega
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Uh Oh...government may be meeting now to levy new visa fees for foreigners to make up the loss in tourism baht...

Just imagine...1000000 baht held in Thai banks by retirees...

Plus your hospital costs after you contract a dose of Coronavirus. Senior Citizens are more at risk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Your joking right ? You'd keep 1 million baht in the bank to reduce the cost of a do it yourself visa for 2-3,000 baht ?

No, not joking. I keep more than that in the bank anyway and have done so for years. Side benefit is that the exchange rates had not affected me in any way since years. 

What is the headline referring to exactly? In the U.S they call a billion as equal to 1000 millions. In the U.K and most of the rest of the world they call a billion as equal to 1,000,000 millions. (my thanks to Yahoo for that info). There's a big difference in the perceived spending of 2.4 million Chinese.

14 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Uh Oh...government may be meeting now to levy new visa fees for foreigners to make up the loss in tourism baht...

Just imagine...1000000 baht held in Thai banks by retirees...

Yes, I stated some time ago about the 800,000 baht becoming 1 million!!

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Only one religion in Thailand, thats Money

To quote a prominent Thai person from the time just before the Spanish flu:

'Money is their God. Life itself is of little value compared with the leanest bank account.'

He was referring to the Chinese in Thailand. Not much has changed, except they have now taken over the government.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The decline in arrivals from China is estimated to cost the tourism sector more than Bt100 billion this year.

Bread and water all round, then!  And the fat cats will still be lapping the cream; nothing much changes here.

Maybe TAT is using this to stop themsleves being sacked when money from tourism does not meet their every increasing projections?  Sorry your Lordship - the Coranavirus did it - until then we were way above target - not our fault.

That recession is getting closer every day.

• Confused 1

I would be surprised if the tourist numbers were not down this virus from China will certainly have people who were thinking of coming to Thailand 

Look at their travelling plans and go else where or leave until more is known on how the virus plays out

Plus the smog  wont help matters either