PM Prayut concerned about people, provides support to public health practitioners

webfact

I think with regards to this situation we are really seeing just how inept these guys are at organising things. It has been around a month since the outbreak and still very little (apart from screening Chinese visitors) is actually being done by the Thai government. 

Just to add insult to injury to him, the pollution is back in Bangkok too in a big way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

Just to add insult to injury to him, the pollution is back in Bangkok too in a big way. 

The low key lung infections from PM2.5 will provide perfect breeding ground for the virus. It's why smokers are in the high risk group. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6901688/

Thailand is prepped for a perfect storm. Deliberately delaying the test results to cover the extent of it up, PM2.5 causing pre-existing conditions, maibpenrai in general and gates open for the Chinese virus refugees to flood in. Gonna be ugly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Evacuation will be executed as soon as the Thai government receives permission from the Chinese authority to enter its territory.

Tell that to the families of the concerned ones, dear PM

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DLock said:

Then if you cared abut Thai people more than money, you would close the border to Chinese tourists like Australia and USA have done.

...but we know you true agenda, you little devil man.

A couple of reports from Oz that some are saying on the media that stopping all chinese entering is racist.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

A couple of reports from Oz that some are saying on the media that stopping all chinese entering is racist.

And so it is.

If they really want something that isn't racist, they could always catch coronavirus and then bleat about how enlightened they are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Useless government!! Its a f***** 3hrs flight to Wuhan and supposedly they are best buddies...so no bureaucratic hurdles to be expected. Germany did it. Other countries as well! And they had much more complex pre-conditions. As always in Thailand...lots of bla-bla, but no action taken. Anyway....the people are waking up. The junta has basically all Thai ppl below 30, who are not working for the government, against them! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I love Thailand. For the past few days, I’ve been enjoying the warm sunshine, cool evenings with nothing to bother me but kids playing and the birds calling. Internet speed is good, the Som tum delicious and only 19 cases of confirmed Coronavirus, but zero from hundreds of kilometres around me. Spent a delightful afternoon yesterday eating prawns by the dozen by a small lake and washing it down with some Black. Had a snooze as well after that before heading home on quiet countryside roads. I would be hard pressed to enjoy a day like that anywhere else in the world. 

I was impressed until you mentioned Black.

????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

How is it possible to check the passenger when it is known for sure there is a two-week incubation period, so with no fever, but it is contagious during the incubation.

Or is there something I have not understood?

Good point, scan on arrival probably detects people with a raised temperature but not much more.

And more to the point (@Tchooptip) the virus takes up to 2 weeks to incubate. 

All the more reason to ban all flight out to china and in from China and other locations which have folks now in quarantine and / or under treatment in quarantine hospice. 

"Quote" the health and safety of Thai people are most important,,, what a laugh, and total B.S. that's why you are you are still allowing thousands of Chinese tourist to arrive in Thailand, Oh I forgot money is the most important to this government.... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, newnative said:

No, he is not 'concerned'--about the virus, about the air pollution, about the poor schools, about the income inequity, about...  What a joke.  Just meaningless lip service.  The air pollution in Bangkok is horrible, by the way and has been very bad for days now.  If we're taking turns, tomorrow the PM will be 'concerned' about the bad air.  Concerned, but not doing anything.

He does not need to do more about the pollution. WHO has praised Thailand for it effort.

Thailand is not only living up to International Standards on everything. They are also being praised for it.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 6:31 AM, colinneil said:

Does this man know how to tell the truth?

Just more BS, WAITING FOR PERMISSION FROM THE CHINESE, my a++e.

The UK got people out days ago, have them confined in Arrow Park hospital.

Every time it is somebody else to blame, never his mob, absolutely pathetic.

Does this man know how to tell the truth?

Answer with a question:

Is the Pope Roman Catholic?

Edited by Isaanbiker
Pinocchio's nose got longer and longer and longer..
  • Like 1