Dying in Thailand...

Such a Hairy Guy

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Point taken, however I was meaning (as stated) scanning in regard to deaths, not in regard to who is married. 

I guess the reality is that if Centrelink did not have any 'scanning' processes in place to find data on deaths (and more) they would very likely be highly criticized by the auditor-generals department or similar agency for being derelict. 

You may be right. Perhaps the auditor-general's bucket list could be full right now with things like sports grants and generous political donations from dubious sources.

These "scanning" processes in Thailand - do you have an authoritative source on what is supposed to happen when a Centrelink recipient dies here?

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You may be right. Perhaps the auditor-general's bucket list could be full right now with things like sports grants and generous political donations from dubious sources.

These "scanning" processes in Thailand - do you have an authoritative source on what is supposed to happen when a Centrelink recipient dies here?

No I don't have detailed knowedge of how they scan / gather information, just seems to me to be logical that it does happen.  Also seems to me that in this age of continuous live big data gathering and continuous analysis of everything that Centrelink could quite easily pick up whatever data it wants. 

The only examples I'm aware of, was when an Australian distant acquaintance and am American distant acquaintenace died, seperately, both in Pattaya, both from old age, both lived alone, about 5 years ago.

I don't have first hand experience of either case, and as mentioned above I knew both as distant acquaintenaces and had no desire to develop close frienhips with either (shouldn't speak ill of the dead).

I do recall others mentioning that in both cases Thai neighbors contacted the rtp (I don't know exactly why). The rtp apparently came quickly, they apparently searched for passports and asked the Thai neighbors whether other farang visited often and from information gained they made contact with 1 or 2  farang and asked abouts wills etc.

The rtp took the passports of both and they mentioned that it was standard procedure they would very quickly contact the embassies then quickly deliver the passports to the embassies.  

Edited by scorecard
  • Thanks 1

If your not worth anything then just do nothing!  When and if you die someone will pick you up like trash and just toss you into the first empty land they find that has turned into a trash dump. Your body will decompose just like the dogs from the Soi, flies will come etc take about 2 weeks.????