"Don't worry about coronavirus!" - Thailand's first virus patient praises Thai doctors for survival

webfact

1 hour ago, petermik said:

ooh that,s reassuring news.......we can all breath much easier now.....

Having breathing problem in Thailand.? You may check the air quality where you live. 

Edited by Vascoda
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Yeah...booooo- hooo...

Does this ""Don't be worried about coronavirus. I was the first and I recovered and importantly I was treated by up country doctors"

seem like a sensible statement to you?

And for the alleged "Thai- bashing": just because I did not leave my brain at the immigration- office, doesn't mean I am Thai- bashing! 

The question then becomes...where did you leave it!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sanook reported that Jaimuay fully recovered after spending nine days under the care of a large team of specially chosen doctors and nurses at Nakhon Pathom hospital

And bearing in mind that this was a new virus a full team of doctors and nurses was assembled to deal with this case

A psychologist was among the team to deal with the patient's mental health

so what you are saying is if you have a large team of specially chosen doctors and nurses all to yourself and your own personal psychologist you are going to be fine and have nothing to worry about?!

awesome news

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

interviewed on the Palang Pracharat Facebook page. The political party has strong links to the government. 

Great to hear this lady recovered... Some people do recover from this virus, some easily, some after many days seriously ill in ICU, some not at all...

But as for the general message of the article:

More "Learn to Love the Virus" propaganda from you know who...

• Like 1

This kind of message is dangerous, if people are told not to worry they will not take precaution against the virus. More people will become infected including fragile people that will not be as fortunate as this woman. The real trouble will come if we reach the point were hospitals are full and people can't be taken care of anymore. That's without even considering the road carnage of all the ambulances speeding around the city...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Right, but if lots of people contact this virus and have to be hospitalized, it will be a completely different dynamic. People won't be receiving this kind of care. As China has learned. 

This is like something straight out of the CCP handbook. Saying that; are even the CCP spouting this kind of narrative anymore? 

I know "ifs and buts" don't kill people "but" imagine "if" they did we would all be in deep strife. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

I can't help wondering what motivated her to speak with a political party rather than (say) a TV Station.

I think that most media in Thailand run and or "supervised" by the military machine of which it is suggested by some is the case of the aforementioned political party.

16 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Ah, the new honest taxi driver. Shall we name them "happy survivor" then?

If old tricks are true, they will publish one of these after each death.

And she probably has already returned to its owner a mysterious bag of 300,000 baht accidentally left in her hospital room. For which, she received a 100 baht reward.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I know "ifs and buts" don't kill people "but" imagine "if" they did we would all be in deep strife. 

Ifs and buts can kill people. If "ifs" and "buts" aren't taken seriously in a time of uncertainty. 

• Thanks 1

It would very nice and helpful if the government would let us know what cities they have confirmed cases of the virus.

I would like to know how many have been confirmed where I live.

I think this will help us a lot.

I know, just dreaming!!!

21 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think that most media in Thailand run and or "supervised" by the military machine of which it is suggested by some is the case of the aforementioned political party.

That answers the question pretty clearly...

Edited by ParkerN
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

interviewed on the Palang Pracharat Facebook page. The political party has strong links to the government. 

and knowing where it come from, we are supposed to believe it.... the envelope mus have been thick  Prayut's yesterday asking for people to stop spreading fake news, I guess his party was not listening

Edited by Mavideol

3 hours ago, webfact said:

I was treated by up country doctors

I'm not qualified to comment on the quality of up country doctors, but I can tell you that I've never seen anything even remotely close to a isolation ward in any rural hospital. Even on quiet days, waiting rooms are generally packed. When people queue to see the doctor they typically slide from seat to seat as they approach the head of the queue, which means everybody is touching the same surfaces. If this thing spreads into rural areas, I'd say all bets are off.

Edited by Gecko123

1 hour ago, CraigInBangkok said:

slow down Mr Thailand! I didn't say anything against the Thais. Who knows what the numbers will go into?  

Put your tongue firmly in your cheek and read it again. It was supposed to elicit a giggle. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Ifs and buts can kill people. If "ifs" and "buts" aren't taken seriously in a time of uncertainty. 

Yes true indeed and my apologies for making you the "butt"(pun intended) of my rather stupid comment.Another case of my warped humour going awry.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Think the real point is: "what a stupid and irresponsible comment for the brain dead  media to promote" 

But I forgot, it's all about increasing sales, clicks and advertising revenue. 

The whole circus is. Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room.

• Haha 2