Bank statement in English

Is there any Thai bank that issue bank statement in English (displaying your thai address in english) ? Or is that forbidden by law maybe, anyone know ?

Also any Thai bank which allows to download bank statement in pdf through online banking or mobile app ?

Bangkok bank doesn't provide any of these unfortunately...

I was thinking maybe CIMB could provide this  ?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

You can download up to six months of activity using Bangkok Bank online service.  

I meant a Bank Statement as in the legal document with your name and address to use as a proof of residence.

With bangkok bank you only get the list of transaction of the account number with no other references, not even your name, and that's on purpose I believe.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And Kasikorn (K bank) the branch print print it in English either as just a statement or as a letter and including address. Done it several times. 

It might be worth contacting the call centre of whatever bank and asking these questions. 

Why? Because I asked at my K branch and they coldly insisted they couldn't do a letter at all and said they could do documents only in Thai language.

Sitting at the desk of the bank service officer I called their HO and the answer was (on speakerphone) 'yes, there is a standard template and it can be printed in Thai, English or Chinese'.

I gave my phone to the local bank officer lady who was beyond embarrassment, she was instructed by HO where to find the template and how to select English. 

Very interesting, will inquire at bangkok bank, thanks !

3 hours ago, SaratogaRay said:

Kasikornbank will have English statements, but I would not use them. I have a checking account that they will not cash my cheques as they do not like my writting. I have written to the chairman Mr Banthoon

Lamsam and have not received a responce to my problem. It has cost me 800 BT to have my cheque book sent to me in USA to inital the words they do not like and $ 33.00 back to TH.

Can anyone recomend some one to corect my problem, there is more 

than enough Bt to  cover my cheques in my account.

Thank you for any information.

SaratogaRay

Good luck with that.

To my mind K bank have lost the plot, there's a bigger size branch on Ram. Rd in Bkk where 3 bank girls (bank uniform) stand in a row on the left side just inside the door and close to where the customer has to walk through and 3 more on the right side. As customer walk through this 'tunnel' they are bombarded with 'sawasdee Kar' loudly and continuously. Six staff mebers, that's all they do.

Meanwhile the maid operates the queue machine and another maid stands near the screen which shows the 'next Q number to be served' and after the Q number has been said automatically by the computer system the mai walks around the customer chairs repeating the number.

On other occasions I've seen the maid appraoching customers who have just sat down and asking them to sign blank deposit / withdrawal slips then she takes them away and puts them at the end of the counter where all the tellers are located.

Meanwhile the manager parades around with a big smile. Over several years I've seen customers approach the parading manager and complain about being yelled at when they arrive and walk through 'the tunnel', and complain about blank signed slips being left where anybody can take them. His response is to either walk away or say in Thai 'the maid is just helping you, very good service' or similar and walk away.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:48 PM, freeman01 said:

I meant a Bank Statement as in the legal document with your name and address to use as a proof of residence.

With bangkok bank you only get the list of transaction of the account number with no other references, not even your name, and that's on purpose I believe.

As you know, in Bangkok Bank ibanking your name and address will not appear on the inquiry you do to show transaction....you can view/printout transactions up to 6 months old....it's more of an inquiry/retrieval than a real statement.

You need to go to your bank branch and ask for a statement which includes you name, address, the bank signs, and stamps.   However, at Bangkok Bank your address is typically loaded in the system in Thai only....both Thai and English can be loaded but many Thai banks only enter your address in Thai. 

However, Bangkok Bank can also update your acct to include your address in both Thai and English.  Then when you get a statement from the branch it will show your name and address in English if requested.

I had to do this last year (that is, get my address loaded in English also) with my Bangkok Bank branch which is the head office branch in Bangkok.  I went to get a statement for address verification purposes as an acct I was trying to open with a U.S. money transfer service wanted a bank acct statement to verify my Thailand address. 

So, I went to the counter in the Bangkok Bank head office branch (which is where my acct is located) that provides the statements (counter position 43), told them what I needed...the statement with my name and address in English.  The rep said they can only do that once my account also includes my address in English because right now my address is only reflected in Thai and the statement would show my address in Thai.  The counter 43 rep told me to go to the general customer support section to update my account to include my address in English also.  Went and did that...took about 15 minutes and signing more paperwork.   The rep even showed me on their computer screen my address is not loaded in Thai and English.  

OK my address in English and Thai is now reflected in my bank acct...I go back to counter 43....and get the statement pretty quick....all official with letterhead, my name and Thai address in English, bank rep signed, and stamped.   Sent that to the US money transfer service...they gladly accepted it...acct opened.    

5 hours ago, Pib said:

As you know, in Bangkok Bank ibanking your name and address will not appear on the inquiry you do to show transaction....you can view/printout transactions up to 6 months old....it's more of an inquiry/retrieval than a real statement.

You need to go to your bank branch and ask for a statement which includes you name, address, the bank signs, and stamps.   However, at Bangkok Bank your address is typically loaded in the system in Thai only....both Thai and English can be loaded but many Thai banks only enter your address in Thai. 

However, Bangkok Bank can also update your acct to include your address in both Thai and English.  Then when you get a statement from the branch it will show your name and address in English if requested.

I had to do this last year (that is, get my address loaded in English also) with my Bangkok Bank branch which is the head office branch in Bangkok.  I went to get a statement for address verification purposes as an acct I was trying to open with a U.S. money transfer service wanted a bank acct statement to verify my Thailand address. 

So, I went to the counter in the Bangkok Bank head office branch (which is where my acct is located) that provides the statements (counter position 43), told them what I needed...the statement with my name and address in English.  The rep said they can only do that once my account also includes my address in English because right now my address is only reflected in Thai and the statement would show my address in Thai.  The counter 43 rep told me to go to the general customer support section to update my account to include my address in English also.  Went and did that...took about 15 minutes and signing more paperwork.   The rep even showed me on their computer screen my address is not loaded in Thai and English.  

OK my address in English and Thai is now reflected in my bank acct...I go back to counter 43....and get the statement pretty quick....all official with letterhead, my name and Thai address in English, bank rep signed, and stamped.   Sent that to the US money transfer service...they gladly accepted it...acct opened.    

Awesome, thanks for the information !

Will go and do that next week.