90 day Report

The province you live in, get extensions etc. You can do a 90 day report at another province but it would involve officially moving to that province first, TM30/TM28 etc. You cant report a phuket address at chaing mai immigration.

• Like 1

On a similar topic, not exactly the same but thought I would point this out. I had a request to report and show my bank book when I did my yearly extension in November. The date was set for today so along I went to Jomtien. After standing in the long queue at the entrance I was told to go to desk 8. I was not given a queue ticket which I thought a little strange. At the desk I noticed one guy sitting there going through documents and giving out laminated numbers. I waited until there was a gap and approached him saying I was there as requested to show my bank book. He took it and looked through and said OK. That was it. He did not record anything so I asked about this. No need he says. I left thinking what was the point of that. How in hell's name would the immigration office know if I had not reported?

It looks very much like I was wasting my time over there. Have others had the same experience?

Den

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to do your 90 day report at the office where you applied for your extension unless you formally change your address to another office.

You can do the reports online or by mail with no need to be at your home to do them that way.

What extension if it is my very first TM90 ? I only did a TM30 (if that is what the residential report is)

Edited by Elzear
Update

1 hour ago, denby45 said:

How in hell's name would the immigration office know if I had not reported?

It looks very much like I was wasting my time over there. Have others had the same experience?

Did you not have a form to bring back with the date on it?

However if not I would not worry about it as they can check the amounts when you renew 9if they even bother) so as long as they match up it does not really matter.

2 hours ago, denby45 said:

On a similar topic, not exactly the same but thought I would point this out. I had a request to report and show my bank book when I did my yearly extension in November. The date was set for today so along I went to Jomtien. After standing in the long queue at the entrance I was told to go to desk 8. I was not given a queue ticket which I thought a little strange. At the desk I noticed one guy sitting there going through documents and giving out laminated numbers. I waited until there was a gap and approached him saying I was there as requested to show my bank book. He took it and looked through and said OK. That was it. He did not record anything so I asked about this. No need he says. I left thinking what was the point of that. How in hell's name would the immigration office know if I had not reported?

Den

You wasted your time when standing in line. You should have gone for desk 8 straight away. No number needed. And they just look at the bank book now. In the beginning last spring you showed 2 copies of the bank book and 2 copies of the passport. I was in and out of Jomtien Immigration in 1 min. 

Yes , none of us farangs initially realise we are unwitting , chained  'customers' of petty regional offices who jealously guard that customer base , and insist we return every 90 days to dutifully report to ONLY them.

I was silly enough when I arrived to think I could travel all over the country at whim , and if I needed to comply with any ruling , would simply pop into ANY Immigration Office and say , "Here I am !"

That dream was quickly dispelled in my 2nd year when I visited the CM region for a few weeks , and turned up with all my papers  to do my first Retirement Extension.

I was met with annoyance.

"Why you come here ? You not live here ! You go back you office in Phuket  for do this . Are you try to cheat us ? You think We more easy here in Chiang Mai ?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have completed 90 day reports at 3 different Provinces (in the same 12 month visa period). Two (2) of those had TM30 lodged by me (at home residential adresses and also at a friend's address I was visiting) and the third whilst I was on holiday and staying at a hotel (who apparently registered my as a guest). No questions asked by Immigration officers during those 90 day reports. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You wasted your time when standing in line. You should have gone for desk 8 straight away. No number needed. And they just look at the bank book now. In the beginning last spring you showed 2 copies of the bank book and 2 copies of the passport. I was in and out of Jomtien Immigration in 1 min. 

If they just looked at your bank book and didn't create a record of it within that 1 minute it looks like you wasted your time too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, denby45 said:

I left thinking what was the point of that. How in hell's name would the immigration office know if I had not reported?

It sounds very much as if the requirement they created has become a burden they do not want, but will continue to impose. Or they believe the simple act of asking for it, will make people comply without policing, AND of course ensure their bankbooks demonstrate the compliance. Tempted not to bother.... a check at next extension will cover it, and they made me update my book! 

13 hours ago, KeeTua said:

If they just looked at your bank book and didn't create a record of it within that 1 minute it looks like you wasted your time too.

They didn't look at my bank book. I explained what they required early last year.

And I did not waste my time,because I did my 90 days report at the same time. I'm staying 5 min from immigration, so it isn't very time consuming. You just need to know how to sync the visits to immigration. 

36 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

They didn't look at my bank book. I explained what they required early last year.

And I did not waste my time,because I did my 90 days report at the same time. I'm staying 5 min from immigration, so it isn't very time consuming. You just need to know how to sync the visits to immigration. 

It may not be a big trip for Jomtien imm folk. I can assure you that's not the case for many. Fortunately Jomtien was one of the very few that insisted on this rubbish show bank book after 3 months.

It would also appear now that it is not required. As like all the normal imm offices they will check for the 800 and then 400 and back to 800 when one applies for next extension. 

If someone falls below the requirements they would simply exit and start process again with a new non O.

A kindergarten kid must be making these rules up.

• Like 2

I was able to do my 90-day report last month in a province that is not the one where I do my extensions.

While on our trip, we called our "home" IO and they said that we could do the report at any immigration office in the country. We tried at the IO in 4 different provinces (Tak, Chiang Mai, Lamphun and Chiang Rai). All said they would do the report but that the hotels we were staying in had to report me as a guest first. Apparently none of them had, so I couldn't do the report. I even asked some hotels if they would file the TM 30 with immigration and a couple of them flat-out refused-they said they didn't want to deal with those things. 

FInally had some success in Kanchanaburi Province and was able to do the report.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the law says you can't do this. I guess like so often, it depends on the office, the person, the day, etc.

• Thanks 1

I would suggest that anybody that does the report anywhere other than their designated office save the receipts for the reports or at least make a copy of it. Your home office would have no record of you doing the reports so could easily fine you 2000 baht for not doing the reports.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2020 at 5:58 PM, topt said:

Did you not have a form to bring back with the date on it?

However if not I would not worry about it as they can check the amounts when you renew 9if they even bother) so as long as they match up it does not really matter.

Yes I did have the paper with the date on it but it is not a form, only an indication of the requirement. I was not asked to produce it at all. Next year I will not be wasting my time over there. I feel sorry for the people who live in Bangkok. I have a friend who spends hours and hours at his IO.

Den

When you do the 90-day reports on-line, you can do them from anywhere.

I am amazed that so many long-stayers are still doing them in person at their local IO, especially when it involves a long trip and dealing with the queues in some of these IOs.