Why Is The Baht Not Dropping

1 hour ago, henry2109 said:

If the elite would have bought foreign currency in massive amounts (against selling thai baht) in the past, the thai baht would have dropped - which has not happend. 

So your statement does not make much sense.

I think he is referring to property not currency trading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:
4 minutes ago, Thian said:

And what will happen to the farang who keep 800.000 in the thai bank? 

Nothing.

Well even in the USA and Europe banks can topple over like some years ago....the government had to rescue them. Many people lost their credit if it was over the guaranteed limit....Better check the limit in thailand as well.

6 minutes ago, Thian said:

Well even in the USA and Europe banks can topple over like some years ago....the government had to rescue them. Many people lost their credit if it was over the guaranteed limit....Better check the limit in thailand as well.

You are covered for up to 5 million per bank.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Tips-and-Insights/Save-and-Invest/Practical-advice-on-deposit-protection

11th of August this year that drops to 1 million per person per bank.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

I just transferred 1.5 million. I will wait and when it hits 33-34 I will transfer another 3 million. for me it can stay in a USA bank unit then, and when here, if I die my wife knows to take it out immediately day by day by ATM from the several bank accounts. I'm not going anywhere. 

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

I really thought that Sterling would bounce after Brexit, it did a bit in the days after the election but now, nothing really still hovering around 40

Why should you think that? It was the brexit referendum and its consequences that brought it down. Why should the actual event push it up again?

In the case of the joyful brexiteers, it's very much a case of 'be careful what you wish for'.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

If you look at Vietnam, it's GDP is way below Thailand's. The UK lost a little less because investor's have already priced in Brexit and all of Britain's economic issues. If you look at the pound, it declined from USD 2.14200 in 2007 to 1.29 today.

1. I'm not American, the price of the pound Vs the USD has no relevance to my life.

2. I came to Thailand in 2009, when I was getting 50bht to 1GBP, 2007 is a fairly random year to pick why not 1997? or 2001?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I thought the Baht would drop when the Bank of Thailand lowered the interest rates,

which in normal contries this would happen,nothing it seems to effect Thailand.

regards woorgeordie

You know that they did it again the last days? Only 1% right now.