Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

15 minutes ago, monkfish said:

This is very true and i suspect maybe the reason he was angry, my Mrs accepts every handout even if she doesn't want it just as not to hurt their feelings.
It's a bit strange but true. However he was out of order to say those things with no excuse and should apologize.

However there would have been plenty of farang coming through who have no knowledge of Thai culture / behaviors, etc., this needs to be taken into account. Plus to hold the position on minister surely one would expect the person to be aware of all of the above and not react as he did. 

• Like 1

If you have recently been in Wuhan, Hubei province, China, or are likely to have been in close contact with such people, you should have medical tests. If not, then normal care and precautions should suffice. Whether you are `Farang`, Thai or other identifiable group should not make a difference.

• Like 1

Incompetent idiot man. He should be kicked out of office. He lost face because farang refused to take a mask he wanted to give him in front of cameras. Farang should not engage in giving big face to an idiot like that in front of media. He lost face, the farang is a hero to show him what he thinks about him. Go to hell big guy! BTW the face mask he wanted to give him he held in his dirty hand, it was already just because of that not clean to use, I would not accept that possibly dirty mask too. It was only a media show, just like all what Thai government is actually doing. Everything for the show, nothing for the people!

Edited by P100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Traubert said:

Right.

Introduce hand cleaning into the immigration desk process and make it quicker. OOOkkkaayy.

Or maybe bring your own hand cleanser, clean your hands in the queue and after you get stamped in  and stop passing your personal safety to somebody else?

Too much to ask?

If you know that whole procedure before you start your flight, you can do and bring your own hand sanitizes. But why should I pass over my own protection. I need it myself more often to the way of my home. It is the responsibility of Immigration and Health minister to supply such stuff at very busy official places.

Furthermore I can't bring so much sterilization liquids in the cabin which I need to use to keep me clean in Thailand's public.

Sorry to say this, but if I watch only behavior on toilet in Thai public areas (Malls, Restaurant etc) ... Do you like to hear more or do you can imagine what I have seen? 

19 minutes ago, mberbae said:

If "Farangs" were to include ALL foreigners - Buddha himself would have been

kicked out of Thailand.  In the mean time - Chinese are still Welcome.

TIT.

Looking at him I would take a guess and say a generation,or two, ago his lineage was from China.

• Like 1

Ah now people know who he is. He was just another over promoted idiot up to now. Now he's world famous.

He regrets saying what he did say, well, sorry old son. You p issed on your own firework.

This rant is now viral. Shows the world exactly what you think of farangs who abide by the World Health Organisation advise and not take a mask handled by you. We don't know where you have been.

Such hate.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

My Dear, it could be that those Farang who don't wear that mask are a bit smarter than your Minister of Health in Thailand. What is his Education to qualify him for this position or was it just money?

Checkout from which nation the infected people come from: China and Thailand. Any Farang here infected? No, only those from your very preferred tourist from China because they spend money. This is the only thing what most of you Thai see in Foreigners. Money Money Money, go and pick it up from the foreigners.

This mask don't protect for the virus itself. It can't my dear because the virus are much smaller than the filter size. You will breathe in that after a while anyway!

Therefore it is senseless to wear, you got it?

The WHO , where Thailand also signed to follow, recommend to wear mask only if you are ill for what ever respiratory illness (cough, sniff etc) to avoid that you spill your infected drops around everywhere. Also on Handrails, Door or Elevator Knobs, whatever you touch in public.

If you have the corona virus, I expect that you wouldn't run around but be under isolation at home or better hospital.

It help much more to disinfect or at least wash your hands with soap more frequently over the day, especially if you walk outside.

The better speech what this man could do to support shut down the corona virus were, telling the Immigration to push up the procedures at the Immigration Counters to faster.

Why do I have to wait in a very dense mass of people for around a hour and finally must put my clean fingers on the dirty finger scanner?

This is the most risk I have, to get infected from other people! 

The other point is that every year many tenth of thousand Thai people die because of lung cancer. Would you also sign that is only from the smoking Farang?

In your eyes it has nothing to do with the millions of small waste burners behind every house where they burn plastic and other non biological stuff with a low temperature and produce the Dioxin all around? Google for Seveso desaster! Another point of health is your traffic in bigger towns. The millions of old cars which burn more motor oil than diesel due to not well maintained motors, because of no money. But it must be a 4 liter diesel pick up for the neighbors only to show! 

Your Government had done a first small step to clean the towns from the cars/pick ups/truck which has visible poison coming out from the exhauster.

Does this mean, if you can't see something, it don't exist? That would be a typical but very stupid thinking of non educated Thai people.

So, don't kick out the last friends of Thailand from Europe or US who support your very weak tourist industry by requesting silly things.

My mom teaches me: Stupid and Proud grow from the same ground. Think about this.

Well said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ventenio said:

So MAYBE the virus can live on a surface for 28 days.....OMG, that's in the mail from online purchases....  

Is it safe to receive a letter or a package from China?

Yes, it is safe. People receiving packages from China are not at risk of contracting the new coronavirus. From previous analysis, we know coronaviruses do not survive long on objects, such as letters or packages.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

24 minutes ago, Ajarnbrian said:

If you have recently been in Wuhan, Hubei province, China, or are likely to have been in close contact with such people, you should have medical tests. If not, then normal care and precautions should suffice. Whether you are `Farang`, Thai or other identifiable group should not make a difference.

You are right from that point of view, if Farang just came from China, anywhere.

Every Farang is clever enough, more than the Health Minister, and take care for such test on their own safety. How earlier you know about the infection how better is your chance to survive. Do you know anyone who want get infected?

Farang at least can check for them self because they have some money to spend for their own health in priority to just go for shopping like hell.

But this Guy tell about all Farang which come from Europe or US. I think he is just overwhelmed in this position, because he probably got the job only by money and not by qualification at least as a good manager. I personally thought with the military putsch some years ago it could become better for Thailand. In some points it was true, starting at least to fight against corruption as Big Joke did. Unfortunately, he might hit some higher person with his doing and probably therefore he had to quit the job.

What happen in the last 3 or 4 years with the more and more racist fighting against the last loyal Farang as Tourist, Expats or Retired I got meanwhile another view about this government.

Best Regards from Singapore, the town which never sleep, and with scare to enter Bangkok the next days again.

Edited by MayPutThai

19 hours ago, Beggar said:

Look at the facts. Most Farangs here do not use a mask. Don't ask me why. But if you know it please let me know the reason. 

Maybe because they choose not to?

I'll wear a mask when flying or at an airport. Apart from those situations I choose not to - like the vast majority of the Thai people in normal situations. If I lived in a heavily polluted area I probably would wear a mask more frequently. But I don't live in such an environment.

23 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm... it has always intrigued me that some Thais think they are so much better than farangs. I have never seen evidence of this. Has anybody else?

I think, it comes from their proud, that they have never been occupied from any other country. 

Thai Nation is very proud on itself.

But !

They are not smart as they like to be. If so, why are so many expat to help in Industries and Education? Many Kids leave the school at class 4 and be just able to read,write a little and do simple math with number up to 20.

How does a teacher know if the kids understand, if it is against Thai culture to ask the teacher again if some is not clear. To ask the teacher means, the teacher as respect person loose the face because he/she did not good enough.

I have the experience from Thai school. Especially English Lesson, where the teacher say some and 40 Kids shout back that sentence. OMG, The teacher must have 40 ears to differentiate if every one spell and pronounce correct. When I want to talk to that teacher, they can't hold a conversation with me.

They could get even much more education from all of the retired expats, if the Immigration and Work Ministry would allow those people who are willing to teach in small Thai companies from their live and work experience. For this the limits of minimum salary of 50kTHB must be down to the Thai level. The minimum of additional Thai employee which have to be in a very young started company without income yet is even too high. I don't want own a company, just get paid a little as Thai for my doing. But I would be happy to be able to do. Have some useful to do and help young Thai People for education and learning from my experience.

My Thai neighbor, Electric Engineer same as me, would like to open an engineering company for automation and classroom educations. 

I would like to work there for some hours per week, doing the classroom jobs. I had a plan also to offer for at least two hours per week and go into schools , let say class 9, and teach in logic and automation. That would bring some of them to go further in education in such high qualified jobs. They would be more interessted to programm than just to play brainless the online games on their mobile and PC. Those Kids are the future of the Thai Nation.   

Sorry to say but Thai People know always better to do. Even my wife has to correct always! whatever I build. It often make absolute no sense but she has done better afterwards. Of course do this lead into that, that I do nothing anymore what she can't accept for herself. I gave up to keep peace. 

Edited by MayPutThai
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Throatwobbler said:

Openly showing what this government thinks of us. 

Do you think a Thai minister has a clue about masks and how they work and who are supposed to wear them? I was outside 2,5 hour today in Jomtien Beach,Pattaya. I met 4 thai wearing masks. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Do you think a Thai minister has a clue about masks and how they work and who are supposed to wear them? I was outside 2,5 hour today in Jomtien Beach,Pattaya. I met 4 thai wearing masks. 

Are there mask available in the shops? What about hand sanitizes? All sold out since one week here in Singapore.

Or that Thais there don't have money for mask or are smart because even the WHO told that healthy people should not wear mask.