Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

23 hours ago, Thunder26 said:

Unbelievable! Where does all this hatred come from?

I understand when people talk in the kitchen, but this is on a government level. I'm speechless. 

It's one of the people at the top, nervous, insecure and angry, showing his true colours and his hatred for white people, reacting petulantly like a child, because he has just lost face. It's as message to the world, and one which has just sunk the floundering Thai image on the world stage. This will go viral (pardon the pun . . . ???? )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Macthehat said:

With guys like this in charge,  this sounds like The beginning of the end for a lot of tourists.  Myself included .

Shame really because I really like Thailand , its culture and it's people but now with all the extra hassle of visas and showing passports for normal transactions in some shops makes me feel I'm not welcome here anymore . 

It doesn't matter what country you come from, if it's not your own, you will always feel unwelcome in some way or another, however you must learn to jump over the hurdles as they come along, or you will fall.

The system here is draconian, well behind the times, just do what I do, duck and weave, if you have a partner or wife, allow them to deal with the majority of the <deleted>, as it shelters you from it, including immigration, she organises all of the paperwork and all I have to do is hand it over, any problems, she can sort it.

I don't care about their culture, it is not mine albeit it I do respect the fact that they have a culture and I stay respectful, albeit it they don't respect mother nature, but that's another story.

Hang in there, you can enjoy this place if you realise where you are and who is your neighbor and who is running this circus ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robsamui said:

It's one of the people at the top, nervous, insecure and angry, showing his true colours and his hatred for white people, reacting petulantly like a child, because he has just lost face. It's as message to the world, and one which has just sunk the floundering Thai image on the world stage. This will go viral (pardon the pun . . . ???? )

My wife says he has already come out and apologised for using words that sounded harsh, not doubt he has been kicked in the head from above, $'s idiot, remember the $'s, we need them now that the Chinese aren't coming....lol

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Logosone said:

By now everyone should have understood that wearing face masks will NOT stop the coronavirus.

The virus is airborne. It will enter trough your eyes. If it does not it will attach to the outside of your face maks. If you take your facemask back to your house, and got in contact with the virus before that, the virus will survive for at least 4 days on the outside of your mask.

If you touch the outside of the mask with your finger and then your face you will die from coronavirus. 

The virus also survives for 4 days on any plastic, metal, wood and other surfaces, so be sure to be wearing gloves as well when you wear that chic face mask. 

Just some friendly advice from a stupid Farang.

It's not somehow carried in the air.

Try to think - SNOT AND SPIT. Great big lumps and smears of stuff . . . (to simplify the image a bit . . . )

With something like a common cold, the air from the respiratory system of a person with an infection becomes atomised into minute particles that can drift about in the atmosphere - it's called 'aerosol' transmission. Although it is suspected, there is no evidence that the coronavirus spreads in this way. It's spread by physical contact with 'spit spray' for want of a better description.

An infected person is coughing and sneezing, spraying 'droplets' (technical term) all around. These droplets land on people and on surfaces. The virus in this liquid form has a limited life, dying away when the mucus etc dries up. But the lifespan of this varies, depending on the conditions and environment. There's a lot of expert opinion of this but nobody's really sure, although most agree that half an hour exposed to direct sunlight renders it neutral. Indoors or in moist and humid conditions it could be a lot longer.

if you touch a surface that's had the virus sneezed onto it in droplet form, you still won't become infected immediately. It's not transmitted via the skin, but has to enter your bloodstream somehow. This mostly happens by your hand then coming into contact with your mouth. It is also transmitted via the mucus membrane in the nose and tear-ducts in your eyes. And as everyone is constantly touching their face, nose and eyes, any droplets on your hands are quickly transferred into your bloodstream

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My wife says he has already come out and apologised for using words that sounded harsh, not doubt he has been kicked in the head from above, $'s idiot, remember the $'s, we need them now that the Chinese aren't coming....lol

When is an apology not an apology ...

• Like 1

Hmm, my thought runs to any and all Royal Thai government officials who say or take actions causing a loss of Royal Thai government reputation need to be charged under lèse majesté for causing the Royal Thai rule a serious "loss of face" in the world's opinion. Think before talking or instituting policies opposing the best interests of Thailand.

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Wearing a surgical mask is a totally ineffective way of protecting yourself.

Its better that copping someones sneeze droplets in the mouth by accident if they sneeze or splutter and if you use a face mask with appropriate filters even better. But up to you isn't it, if you feel safer wearing no protection then go for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aussieroaming said:

Its better that copping someones sneeze droplets in the mouth by accident if they sneeze or splutter and if you use a face mask with appropriate filters even better. But up to you isn't it, if you feel safer wearing no protection then go for it.

I’m quite happy to hear that so many on here thinks it’s pointless wearing a mask. Less men, more share, as the saying goes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 8:56 AM, Beggar said:

Who is WHO?! I think in the meantime everyone should have understood that in respect of the Corona virus we are not talking about a cold or a runny nose. We need to stop it as soon as possible and not lean back and watch what will happen. I see the proactive stance of the Thai government as a positive approach. Of course it is free to you to say "Don't worry". Let it be your personal experience and don't blame others. 

Wouldn't the protective stance of the Thai government be that it stop allowing flights from China? That is way more helpful than some face majors which may or may not help as reported by many doctors. I love the Thai people, but the government is pretty much the exact opposite. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, scorecard said:

On top of all of these comments, Thailand desperately needs to encourage western tourists back so this clown makes insulting comments about westerners. Wonder what his IQ is?

He.
Is.

An.

Engineer . . . 

• Haha 1

The farang is ALWAYS the culprit:
Any ‘farangs’ who do not wear face masks should be kicked out of the country,
that’s according to Thailand’s health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul.

Need to get your facts right:
Any ‘CHINESE’ who do not wear face masks should be kicked out of the country. 

His name says it all:
Thailand’s health minister, A-NUT-IN the government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

There are 2 supposed facts I’m having trouble reconciling. 
1) very few people are wearing masks

2) masks are sold out everywhere or cost an exorbitant amount of money 

Any ideas?

The mask silk road powered by returning tourists is very effective.

1 hour ago, MayPutThai said:

Are there mask available in the shops? What about hand sanitizes? All sold out since one week here in Singapore.

Or that Thais there don't have money for mask or are smart because even the WHO told that healthy people should not wear mask.

Healthy thai people wearing masks don't know anything about masks. They listen to clueless people on TV. Healthy people don't need a mask JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE HEALTHY,GOT IT? You seem like a worrier. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WhatupThailand said:

The farang is ALWAYS the culprit:
Any ‘farangs’ who do not wear face masks should be kicked out of the country,
that’s according to Thailand’s health minister, Anutin Charnvirakul.

Need to get your facts right:
Any ‘CHINESE’ who do not wear face masks should be kicked out of the country. 

His name says it all:
Thailand’s health minister, A-NUT-IN the government.

How did he become health minister in the first place when he doesn't know anything about masks and who are supposed to wear them?

• Like 1

This guy is a particularly good specimen of a government official and member of the Thai bureaucracy that makes me postpone my next visit there indefinitely. Good were the times in this beautiful country before paranoia started to set in.....

• Like 2