Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

20 hours ago, calbts2 said:

It all makes sense now. This must be the same bureaucratic tool that thought up the recently implemented O-A Retirement Visa Health Insurance Scam Program!! He wants all westerners out of Thailand either by forcing them to buy worthless insurance policies or now by not wearing worthless virus protecting masks.

you beat me to it .!!!! I read the mask's are 2.5,micron  and the virus is 0.3micron so not going to stop much, and it survives on many surfaces for 4 or five days after contact. 

the health insurance was quoted 80,000 baht per year and maybe 120,000

next birthday all with pre cancer, crushed vertebrae, analgising spondylitis

ect..ect..ect it would be like burning money, my grandkids would loose these clowns.

1 minute ago, MayPutThai said:

Are there mask available in the shops? What about hand sanitizes? All sold out since one week here in Singapore.

Or that Thais there don't have money for mask or are smart because even the WHO told that healthy people should not wear mask.

Nobody cares about stuff here.....The way it is...????

16 minutes ago, MayPutThai said:

I think, it comes from their proud, that they have never been occupied from any other country. 

Thai Nation is very proud on itself.

But !

They are not smart as they like to be. If so, why are so many expat to help in Industries and Education? Many Kids leave the school at class 4 and be just able to read,write and do simple math with number up to 20.

They could get even much more education from all of the retired expats, if the Immigration and Work Ministry would allow those people who are willing to teach in small Thai companies from their live and work experience. For this the limits of minimum salary of 50kTHB must be down to the Thai level. The minimum of additional Thai employee which have to be in a very young started company without income yet is even too high. I don't want own a company, just get paid a little as Thai for my doing. But I would be happy to be able to do. Have some useful to do and help young Thai People for education and learning from my experience.

My Thai neighbor, Electric Engineer same as me, would like to open an engineering company for automation and classroom educations. 

I would like to work there for some hours per week, doing the classroom jobs. I had a plan also to offer for at least two hours per week and go into schools , let say class 9, and teach in logic and automation. That would bring some of them to go further in education in such high qualified jobs. They would be more interessted to programm than just to play brainless the online games on their mobile and PC. Those Kids are the future of the Thai Nation.   

Sorry to say but Thai People know always better to do. Even my wife has to correct always! whatever I build. It often make absolute no sense but she has done better afterwards. Of course do this lead into that, that I do nothing anymore what she can't accept for herself. I gave up to keep peace. 

If you want to start changing the Thai mentality you know that there is only one thing that Thai people generally want, ....I don't care.....

3 hours ago, noone223 said:

You are all angry for the racism Thailand has been displaying against you for years.

Just leave the damn place.

Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines are only a cheap flight away.

It's time to Boycott Thailand . 

Or they you wanna wait until they gather all the farangs up in a concentration camp?

Are you saying there is no racism in those countries?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zoza said:

ou beat me to it .!!!! I read the mask's are 2.5,micron  and the virus is 0.3micron so not going to stop much, and it survives on many surfaces for 4 or five days after contact. 

the health insurance was quoted 80,000 baht per year and maybe 120,000

next birthday all with pre cancer, crushed vertebrae, analgising spondylitis

ect..ect..ect it would be like burning money, my grandkids would loose these clowns.

This indeed is the same minister in charge of the insurance debacle and obviously showed little interest in  providing a far, less costly and equitable way to provide insurance for foreigners.   

Is it no wonder that a person like this would spout racist, xeonophobic statements regarding foreign western tourists.

His apology is not an apology but an excuse- oops, I said what I really think and you heard me.

His statement has done more to  hurt the country of Thailand thaan any type of virus will.  The PM needs to either dismiss this bigot or force him to issue a proper  apology and a Wai. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jacobi Barnes said:

People get treated based on how they present themselves to the world. If you're walking around Thailand in shorts and flip flops, scruffy hair, unkempt, slurring words because you're still hung over from the night before, hanging out with bar girls 1/4th your age, how do you expect people to treat and view you?

And your evidence that the farang who refused a face mask from ai Anutin in Bangkok matched your description is what?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

I note from the picture above, that this plonker, whilst making his racist speech about not wearing face masks is in fact wearing his under his chin, and if he has contracted the virus his saliva will be spraying all over the media he is addressing!!!!!

...well you can't 'keep face' with a mask covering it up can you?

Have got a new marriage extension (or at least stamp in the pp) in about a week so just bought a pack.of 3 totally useless paper masks (B20 at local 711) so that when I attend the local IO, I can wear one for show and not give them a chance to be critical or disrespectful of them or Thailand.

The things we do !!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Logosone said:

I think I must be. I went to Central Festival without a mask and am still alive.

Obviously immortal. 

Yes I too was out and about with the family and kids today, although we did put the masks on the kids 5 & 10 just to be on the safe side, albeit one fat Thai guy literally coughed in front of me in my direction without covering up. I looked at the wife, smiled and she knew, don't breathe in, take cover and we moved on, there were a lot of Thai's wearing masks I have to say, and prior to going out today I did further research which basically calmed me down, so I put my N95 aside and said to myself, there is a hell of lot more out there that can be more dangerous that the Coronavirus, so I will have another Corona later on and just enjoy life as I am supposed to, achu, gough, gough, splatter ???? 

• Like 1