Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

Just now, rkidlad said:

Ah, the old, “It wasn’t in the OP” so it didn’t happen chestnut. 

86AB028C-0C52-447E-A378-6FD07C39F2CB.png

Yes, I was right, not only was it not in the OP, it also didn't happen.

He did not "ask Thais to help kick foreigners out of the country" if they don't wear masks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

This is what you should be posting, the video of him having his rant ( with subtitles ) !!

Straight from the horses ( ass ) mouth !!

You can kill me now but he is right. I myself see (almost all) Farangs without a mask here in Pattaya. Asian people seem to care much more. I write this as a Farang expat having been living here for more than 20 years. He simply describes the facts. Don't kill him or me for this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beggar said:

I know that WHO stands for this. But they are all governed by governments WHO want to use them for their benefit - this is my opinion. 

Yet you agree with the "minister"?

As bonkers as he is!

• Like 2

The USA Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says people should not wear face masks.  Didn't really say why.  I read somewhere recently that those who are ill should wear the masks as it will keep their spray from getting in the air when they sneeze.  The regular surgical (blue) masks don't do much anyway.

1 minute ago, JimG said:

The USA Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says people should not wear face masks.  Didn't really say why.  I read somewhere recently that those who are ill should wear the masks as it will keep their spray from getting in the air when they sneeze.  The regular surgical (blue) masks don't do much anyway.

Face masks that do little to protect create the problem of a false security that might cause people to be less defensive.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rkidlad said:
9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I was right, not only was it not in the OP, it also didn't happen.

He did not "ask Thais to help kick foreigners out of the country" if they don't wear masks.

Watch the video until the end. Of course your interpretation will be different:

:https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1225651245580349442?s=20

Yes, I have watched it to the end and the translation where he refers to "Thais helping" has a full stop after it.   The following part, a new sentence, about kicking foreigners out does not say that Thais have to assist with that!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Its about having a low IQ plus a sense of entitlement.

In Thailand, promotion isn't based on intelligence and competence, the process is corrupt and depends on connections and favours. Thats why an imbecile such ad this is in the position he is in.

Yes indeed,simony and nepotism being the prevailing dynamic in Shangri-La-the Land of Fractured Fairy Tales.

The default position of the Thai elites has always been to blame foreigners and I wonder why this process is so difficult to grasp and understand for "farangs" as it is perfectly obvious and stands out like a country dunny on parade..

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beggar said:

You can kill me now but he is right. I myself see (almost all) Farangs without a mask here in Pattaya. Asian people seem to care much more. I write this as a Farang expat having been living here for more than 20 years. He simply describes the facts. Don't kill him or me for this.

Not my experience, although I am not in Pattaya or Bangkok.

I went to the Ayutthaya mall today with the gf, we both wore cheap 1 time use masks( our choice ).

There was probably 5% of people wearing masks but , more importantly, none of the servers in the food courts or servers in restaurants ( that I could see ) were wearing any masks.

The health minister might want to address people who are handling and serving food to Thai and foreigners rather than the foreigners who reserve their choice whether to take a mask from his bare hand.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ukrules said:

If some busybody government minister approached me and told me to wear a mask I too would tell him to go f**c himself and carry on about my business.

Just say "But it's 100% under control, isn't it, maibpenrai'.

47 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

Me too.
I always try to wear a mask at the restaurant but it is difficult to eat with.. :ermm: 

I've been to Dubai many times and used to wonder how those in full face coverings eat. Eventually I saw one in a restaurant swiftly lift the veil, stuff the food in her mouth and then let it drop again. Extraordinary way to live, but up to them if it makes them what they think is comfortable.

5 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Look at the facts. Most Farangs here do not use a mask. Don't ask me why. But if you know it please let me know the reason. 

Because unless they are particulate masks, which the ones in photgraph are not, they are next to useless.

The only reason one should wear one is they are spraying droplets because of infection then it should be at least have N95 rating

• Like 2