Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

5 minutes ago, Felt 35 said:

I haven't been out of here for nearly two years so I dont see why should be more prone to have a virus than the locals. Btw, here South where I'm located maybe 1 out of 25 are to seen with a mask. On another not the minister of the great "Making belive ministry" do not need to kick me out.????‍♂️ Waging for and against every day when for the right time to go for when this start to get as bad here as in China we haven't a change to avoid infections.????

Asians are 20% more likely to have and spread the virus than Caucasians.

According to some scientist writing about 'receptors'

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think we all know what the Thai government thinks of us (white guys).

He's just a bit more open and honest than the usual Thai government official.

I'm sure all the Thai immigration officers think exactly the same of us.

If what you say is correct, what could be the underlining reason for that?

Some people wouldnt suddenly start to hate other people, without any rhyme or reason.

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Beggar said:

The last point might be a challenge to check. How I do I know if the general public doesn't have respiratory symptoms? Can I call the WHO do get this information? 

Don't you know yourself if you have respiratory symptoms or not? Why would you need the WHO to tell you? It's very simple: If you have symptoms wear a mask; otherwise, don't. Same goes for any other member of the general public.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, you would need multiple masks per day and we know the capacity for producing the <deleted> masks that are not N95 respirators is nowhere near adequate even if they worked.

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, you would need multiple masks per day and we know the capacity for producing the <deleted> masks that are not N95 respirators is nowhere near adequate even if they worked.

I have 3M N95 masks. And I have to agree that it is a challenge to wear them for a longer time. It gets very hot under the mask and breathing is not easy. I use them in the shopping malls. But half an hour with these masks is enough - at least for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimG said:

The USA Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says people should not wear face masks.  Didn't really say why.  I read somewhere recently that those who are ill should wear the masks as it will keep their spray from getting in the air when they sneeze.  The regular surgical (blue) masks don't do much anyway.

What do the 'USA Centers for Disease Control' know? Thailand, in the opinion of this "health minister" and other such jerks, is #1, so they know everything better anyway...

9 minutes ago, nrasmussen said:

Don't you know yourself if you have respiratory symptoms or not? Why would you need the WHO to tell you? It's very simple: If you have symptoms wear a mask; otherwise, don't. Same goes for any other member of the general public.

The WHO writes "Not needed for general public WHO do not have respiratory symptoms".

That means if I don't have respiratory symptoms the general public without a mask doesn't have respiratory symptoms too. A very interesting hypothesis and extremely convincing. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think we all know what the Thai government thinks of us (white guys).

He's just a bit more open and honest than the usual Thai government official.

I'm sure all the Thai immigration officers think exactly the same of us.

I know you are solidly in the school of thought that the "correct" usage of the term "farang" should be reserved exclusively for white people, but the fact is that many, many Thais commonly use this term very loosely to refer to pretty much any non-Asian foreigner.

While the people who declined to accept the masks could well have been white, his use of the term "farang" cannot conclusively be interpreted to mean that his comments were directed exclusively at white people. Posters using his comments as proof of racial animosity towards whites (rather than Westerners in general) may find themselves on shaky evidentiary ground. But I appreciate that these rules of evidence often fall by the wayside in TVF's high court of public opinion.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Sad 2