Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

Facemasks are great, if they're N95, you only wear them once, you make sure they're airtight, you have eye protection, you follow the other advice on washing hands, not touching your face, etc.. I bought a couple in Pattaya (100bt each) and if I'm going into any prolonged exposure to potential risk situation I might wear one of them (i.e. queuing at immigration). For everyday use, forget it. As protection they're pretty useless. The one good thing they do is reduce the risk of other people spreading the infection.

1 minute ago, nausea said:

Facemasks are great, if they're N95, you only wear them once, you make sure they're airtight, you have eye protection, you follow the other advice on washing hands, not touching your face, etc.. I bought a couple in Pattaya (100bt each) and if I'm going into any prolonged exposure to potential risk situation I might wear one of them (i.e. queuing at immigration). For everyday use, forget it. As protection they're pretty useless. The one good thing they do is reduce the risk of other people spreading the infection.

19bht in 7-11, you were robbed!

4 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

I note from the picture above, that this plonker, whilst making his racist speech about not wearing face masks is in fact wearing his under his chin, and if he has contracted the virus his saliva will be spraying all over the media he is addressing!!!!!

Also he is spraying his stupidity all over the media.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never met one of them, they're not afraid to call a kairk a kairk.

They all know the phrase, "If you meet a snake and a Indian, strike the Indian first"

Just because there are more specific terms used to more specifically characterize people racially, does not mean that the term "farang" is not commonly used as a classifier for foreigners in general. I don't care whether you claim to have never met someone who uses farang to describe foreigners in general. I have seen this done countless times, enough to be confident that I know what I am talking about.

Your endless projection of British colonial era condescension towards Indians onto Thai people is equally tiresome. Indians are well-integrated into Thai culture and society, and I have never seen evidence that Thais harbor the type of distrust towards Indians encapsulated in that hackneyed expression. I would also like to remind you that Yinn (a Thai national forum member) has absolutely refuted this contention on multiple occasions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Does this not just emphasize the mentality of the ****ing morons who run this country!

Or...does it clarify what the majority of the aliens have managed to do?

After all, all who run the country cant be ****ing morons?

Generalising, is good? Are you sure?

Normally, whats sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander, isnt it? 

• Sad 3

I think that he's just trying to drum up business for the government's sale of face masks at 5x the price that the Ministry of Public Health is selling them for; 2.5 baht vs 0.55 baht. Some spokesperson said that it just wasn't feasible to give them to everyone free, as that would be expensive. Submarines are not expensive, though. ????

I am curious as to why Westerners who decline to use a face mask and not non-Westerners, though. ????

Edited by GalaxyMan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravip said:

Or...does it clarify what the majority of the aliens have managed to do?

After all, all who run the country cant be ****ing morons?

Generalising, is good? Are you sure?

Normally, whats sauce for the goose should be sauce for the gander, isnt it? 

Yeah, sure! ???? Don't forget your face mask, lead the way for us wayward mun!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thequietman said:

It has been pointed out to you numerous times! Are you just trying to get your post count up or are you so uneducated that you can't see the woods from the trees.

These masks provide little to no protection, and being handed it by hand from a guy that they don't know, seems the sensible and intelligent thing to do.

He is a politician and like every politician the world over, it is all for show with absolutely no substance,

Why can't you see that?

I understand. Normally you don't get anything for free from Thai people. For sure they were thinking that as soon as I unpack it I will have to buy it for a lot of money. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2