Change in evaluation criteria bumps number of suspected virus cases to 615

webfact

After the Japanese overtook Thailand in the number of cases, you just knew the Thai government was duty-bound to respond in order to to reclaim the silver medal spot.

Banzai, Nipoon, let's see you beat us now!

emoticon-waving-national-flag-of-thailand-3d-rendering.jpg.5b74d2cab9dc5ef7ef8557c6ddef3a5b.jpg

Yes I believe the number are still low, but no one will die of the virus in

Thailand because that would be very, very bad  for tourism in Thailand.

The honesty of people in goverment has never been great, and with this

situation, I doubt that it would be any better.  The health Minister does not

seem to appreciate that there are still tourists in Thailand especially since

we are not the magic Chinese, they wanted to visit this year.  Maybe all the Europeans, Russian

and other so called farangs, should boycott Thailand for a year or two.  I am planning to

avoid Thailand next year and check out Vietnam.

Geezer

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Suwannachai attributed the rise in suspected cases to updated criteria generating more details and redefining the term “suspected”.

The truth will out... the term "suspected" is a very loose one in Thailand.

18 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

615 today and with open borders maybe more than 1,000 tomorrow ...

Other than that, everything is 100% under control

Evidence based on research shows no appreciable benefit to closing borders.  It's the same kind of misinformation as the wearing of face masks being spread . 

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

A bit off topic but please, in airplanes,

apart from sitting next to an infected person, is the circulating air dangerous ? ( air con system) 

Well think about it. Those high powered nozzles directing recycled  air  directly  at  your eyes, ears, mouth, depositing  viruses like salt and pepper on  your  food tray, injecting them into  your drinks !

The  toilet doors, taps, cologne bottles, tissue holders,all smeared in  lethal invisibles!

Thats how  so many  catch the common cold and  influenza on  flights.

Coronavirus? Probably a lesser chance. Feel better now?

7 minutes ago, Xbeemer said:

Evidence based on research shows no appreciable benefit to closing borders.  It's the same kind of misinformation as the wearing of face masks being spread . 

Oups !  :cheesy:   :crazy:

It makes me think of the radioactive cloud of Chernobyl which miraculously stopped at the borders of France;
Surely this country should scare it ...:w00t:

When I think that even ministers believed it hard  :neus:

Edited by Assurancetourix

17 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They need to get their terminology straight. And one, single person or organization should be issuing public information.

Is this 615 "suspected carrier" ffigure different from the previously reported "PUI" figure(s).

Where are these 615 people?

Hopefully under quarantine 

41 minutes ago, geisha said:

apart from sitting next to an infected person, is the circulating air dangerous ? ( air con system) 

In an aircraft 50% is fresh air and 50% recycled. The cabin air passes different systems inkl. radiators to warm / cool the air and filter systems. This filters are designed to eliminate as much as possible pathogens in the air. There are strict regulation concerning the air quality in an air craft. I think the most risk is to sit or be otherwise in close contact with an infected person. Touching arm rests and other items which might contain germ contamination and subsequent touch of face / nose / eyes is probably the most risk when flying in an air craft.

The english report is still not published.

However, there is the thai "report" (for february 7)... an image on the thai website :

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/img/declaration/banner_declaration.jpg

A quick translation shows that the "bump" is not a bump... 615 is the "PUI" number (versus 595 on the february 5 report).

So the article and/or press conference is unclear and confusing...

And 390 would be the "people under treatment" (at hospital) (versus 348 on february 5 report)

And still 25 confirmed cases of course.

So basically, no fundamental changes.... Just the trends (everyday, more PUI are added, and more people are "under treatment at hospital") that continue...

Someone could confirm those "translations" ?

Edited by christophe75

19 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

The english report is still not published.

However, there is the thai "report" (for february 7)... an image on the thai website :

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/img/declaration/banner_declaration.jpg

A quick translation shows that the "bump" is not a bump... 615 is the "PUI" number (versus 595 on the february 5 report).

So the article and/or press conference is unclear and confusing...

And 390 would be the "people under treatment" (at hospital) (versus 348 on february 5 report)

Someone could confirm those "translations" ?

I’m sure I saw somewhere yesterday I’ll try find it

Edited by Kemp87

20 hours ago, DrTuner said:

And in the other thread about the virus lab at Chula in the video they mentioned processing 1500 sample already. The figures are being manipulated.

of course they are, controlled by politicians (they should change wikipedia and just write down "Liar")

One defining reason I got out of LOS when I did, is that I could see exactly where this was all heading weeks ago. You should expect a total loss in transparency regarding infections, deaths and recoveries, you should expect blame to be deflected from the real people guilty of not handling this situation properly, and maybe as we have started to see, the blame falling onto farang. You can expect the virus to be everywhere already due to the lack of hygiene the Thai people have, and their love for Chinese tourists, and of course the incubation period being so long. You can expect society to crumble when the virus infects the entire nation and food / water becomes more and more scarce, and the streets become lawless. You can expect hospitals to be so overrun that medical care for the infected (possibly you) becomes impossible, and maybe even xenophobia will take hold and farang won't be prioritised for treatment when things get really nasty.

Yes I love a lot of things about Thailand and it's people, I lived there for 10 years. But this situation and how they have addressed this outbreak has been the worst in the entire world, worse than China and look how China has ended up already. If you value your life be it from the virus directly or the downfall of society as a repercussion, I'd suggest getting out while you still can. Flights will be blocked out of Thailand soon enough, when the infected become large enough in numbers, and then you're stuck in xenophobic crazy town to fend for yourself. 

Edited by ExpatLife
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, geisha said:

I have started wearing a N95 mask and wiping down the seat tray with alcohol wipes in aircraft.

• Like 1