Is it me or just bad luck? Fed up!

giddyup

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Don't get me wrong, but I do some pretty cool things with my TV - Control surround system and lighting and stream movies from the NAS over wifi. 

I never experience any issues with the hardware. Sometimes I need to do a little programming, but I can find the answer on reddit, when needed.

I never have so many issues as you post. Do you ever get the feeling its you? Maybe you did something wrong in a previous life.

So you control the sound and brightness of your tv. Wow! That is really cool.

• Haha 2

Have bought 3 cheapo (Thai) Aconatic HDTVs (2-42 in and 1-55 in). All 3 great picture and never any problems. Am totally used to being underwhelmed with most products, but must admit total surprise and satisfaction with this bargain brand. 

You're just paranoid after your last experience.

Methinks you'll be fine.

Any other other problems with it?

Is your TV connected to the internet?

I've found that when I get the odd glitch I just reboot the router and TV

and it fixed it.

37 minutes ago, Will27 said:

You're just paranoid after your last experience.

Methinks you'll be fine.

Any other other problems with it?

Is your TV connected to the internet?

I've found that when I get the odd glitch I just reboot the router and TV

and it fixed it.

What do you call a reboot for the TV, unplug it? Never had to do it before, and yes it's connected to the internet, but doubt I'll use it for much other than the odd Youtube visit. Can't be bothered with screen mirroring when I can just download what I want and play it without any buffering etc. I still use a media player to play my ext. hard drive, the Sony takes forever to load files and it's just not as user friendly.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, giddyup said:

What do you call a reboot for the TV, unplug it? Never had to do it before, and yes it's connected to the internet, but doubt I'll use it for much other than the odd Youtube visit. Can't be bothered with screen mirroring when I can just download what I want and play it without any buffering etc. I still use a media player to play my ext. hard drive, the Sony takes forever to load files and it's just not as user friendly.

Yep

Just turn the TV off at the mains for a reboot.

It's always worked for me, touch wood.

7 hours ago, emptypockets said:

So you control the sound and brightness of your tv. Wow! That is really cool.

No mate, when my tv switches on after a certain time the room lights dim, the bias lights behind the TV change colour, the window shades come down and home theatre switches on and sets itself to a reasonable volume.

get me? 

Just had a TCL Smart tv fail on me....its stuck in a reboot loop.............no reset on the outer case ,cant get into the menu screen as rebooting after the logo comes up so cant do a factory reset..........got a feeling TCL have updated the firmware without telling me and its corrupted.......

Swopped the power supply ...the main board is out of stock.............could of possibly tried to "reflash the main board" but at the end of the day opted to buy a new tv.....Sharp tv not Smart version, have a box to hook up to it so that will do

Havnt given up on the TCL yet so anyone with any ideas?......tried a simply unplug..........tried holding power button and volume down for 45 secs...........if i could get into the menu screen i think i could sort it

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Couple of years back, I had a Samsung 55", lasted 13 months before the power supply blew, had to pay for it to be repaired, 5 months later it blew again and couldn't be fixed. Samsung said "tough luck", and I'll never buy another Samsung product.

I have LG now.

LG and Samsung up from the same country that my wife is from – South Korea????????‍♂️????????????????????
Would never purchase anything from there again ????????????????

On 2/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, giddyup said:

How does a box rectify a fault in the TV? The previous TV was a 42" the new Sony is 55", will a box do that?

Will a box do what? Change from 42 to 55"?! A box will fit on the back of any TV and is easier to reformat or replace that a smart TV when it goes wrong. Its also incredibly simply to operate with an on/off remote that the TV turns on and off to as well. I haven't used a smart TV in years and find Android boxes brilliant for IPTV and watching my home movie and TV series collections.

31 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Will a box do what? Change from 42 to 55"?! A box will fit on the back of any TV and is easier to reformat or replace that a smart TV when it goes wrong. Its also incredibly simply to operate with an on/off remote that the TV turns on and off to as well. I haven't used a smart TV in years and find Android boxes brilliant for IPTV and watching my home movie and TV series collections.

But you missed the point. I wanted to change an old 42" to a 55", and it's pretty much impossible to find a non-smart TV now.

Edited by giddyup

• 2 weeks later...

I connected a TV to the internet once and one night while watching a movie, I took the last sip out of my beer and set it down. The movie paused and writing appeared across the bottom saying, "We'll wait. Go get a fresh beer. Also, that color doesn't look good on you. Walk away slowly because you have a nice butt"

I never hooked another TV to the internet since. O_o