Coronavirus: “we have done our best”, says Thai health minister

rooster59

11 hours ago, Beggar said:

I really start to feel pity with the government. There seems to be a lot of criticism here in this forum. So what would you do? You have two challenges - the health of the people and the health of the economy. What would be your approach? 

You as the Thai government seems to not have understand that there is a third alternative, namely, save the peoples health and by thet get a better economy.

Edited by Parsve
Spelling

5 hours ago, sup3r1or said:

Vietnam has banned all flights to and from mainland China and suspended new tourist visas for Chinese nationals or foreigners who have been there in the past two weeks.

All passenger trains to and from China have also been halted.

that’s how you do your best

Vietnam has a 786 mile border with China. Most of it open. You can stand on the river bridge at Fanchengang and watch them taking boatloads of stuff across the river minute by minute. It's about 10m wide. I've seen leaky borders but theirs takes the biscuit. Their was only one passenger train anyway and you had to get off and walk across because they aren't the same gauge. You don't really know much about it do you?

Yeah, that's how you do it. ????

23 hours ago, Beggar said:

I really start to feel pity with the government. There seems to be a lot of criticism here in this forum. So what would you do? You have two challenges - the health of the people and the health of the economy. What would be your approach? 

Without the health of the people there would be no economy, so the approach is pretty dam well obvious to most.

• Like 2

They can thank the Chinese goverment for not allowing Chinese tour groups to leave their country. Leave it up to the Thai government and the problem would be much more severe. Other countries put a temporary ban on Chinese tourists. 

• Like 1

i think we need be honest, now the government try to explain what to do in case of infections,but actually if this virus go to the schools it will be difficult for the ministers to explain to the people why is it happening,i think they make a big mistake,they need stop for the moment the arrivals from China to avoid more infections.It is not about education,just a choice between economy or the health of your people.Errare humanum est,perseverare diabolicum!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

It's superiority that you detect.

Or, do you believe we are all equal in everyway?

I treat everyone as an equal, even those who think they are superior.

But the real answer is....if you've got it, don't flaunt it, that's tacky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, saengd said:

I treat everyone as an equal, even those who think they are superior.

But the real answer is....if you've got it, don't flaunt it, that's tacky.

Maybe that's a reasonable approach, IF one believes that the people without it will eventually pick it up indirectly without it being forced on them.

But we know Thai culture impedes this process and so many people don't seem to learn or improve in any meaningful way.

So, flaunting it is a reasonable way to help them understand.

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, smedly said:

absolutely 100% spot on

They think it is bad now 

If they don't start taking this situation seriously it may take a very long time to recover and restore confidence 

News coming from China is very grave indeed - they ignored and silenced the Doctor (who has since died of the virus) who gave them an very early heads up in December  and a chance to halt this in its tracks, by covering it up and lying to the public we now see the results

First thing Thailand needs to do is be honest with the public - the only way to stop this is with public cooperation - it is not about face masks - it is about shutting down affected areas and containing the outbreak if necessary - China has isolated huge parts of the country and shut down public transport and told people to stay indoors - Hongkong has closed its borders 

why are they still letting in Chinese tourists in the country, is it all about the money.

On 2/8/2020 at 8:37 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

“we have done our best”, says Thai health minister

Followed by: So now we plan to just 'kick back and relax' and enjoy all the money we have collected thru graft over the years --- WE ARE HiSo PEOPLE WITH MONEY --- who cares about the rest..... (Just keep those Chinese spenders coming --- we want their money)

I think that is what we would hear if they 'accidently' spoke truthfully.