800,000 baht in bank letter

A letter from the bank clearly stating that at least 800,000 baht was deposited in your account from an overseas source, and has been cleared at least 2 months prior to the date of your retirement visa application.

An updated passbook/bank book which is in your name and from a recognized Thai bank.

Reading the above requirements, I'm a little unsure as to whether immigration are requiring the appicant to wait for 2 months to pass after depositing the funds before asking the bank for a letter confirming transfer of funds, or whether it's immaterial when the applicant gets the letter from the bank post transfer, providing two months are up prior to applying for a retirement visa.

The required proof of an up-to-date passbook would surely be proof the funds have remained in the account continuously for over 2 months.

Thanking any reples.

Most immigration offices require the bank letter to be of THE SAME DAY as you request your extension.  Jomtien for example accepted up to 3 days difference between bank.letter and application day, but no more.

The bank letter and the up-to-date bank book must be in line with each other.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Most immigration offices require the bank letter to be of THE SAME DAY as you request your extension.  Jomtien for example accepted up to 3 days difference between bank.letter and application day, but no more.

I was told by Kasikorn that I must obtain the letter from the branch my account is at. That is in Bangkok, but I will be applying for a retirement visa in Udon Thani. There's no way I can do it the same day unless I fly.

21 hours ago, bannork said:

I was told by Kasikorn that I must obtain the letter from the branch my account is at.

Perhaps try another KBank in Udon? I have always used KBank upcountry and not needed to go to Bangkok where my account is located.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Surely jomtien accept a bank letter 1 day old don't they?

To make it 'same day' only is a bit unnecessary.

The book must be updated on the day of application at Jomtien, the letter I believe can be at least one day old, possibly more.

23 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Koh Samui accepts bank statement and health certificate up to 7 days before application of extension of stay I normally do mine 3 or 4 days before my renewal 

Not sure about other banks, but with Bangkok Bank, you don't need to go to the branch holding your account.  Regarding the same day update, when they produce the letter they automatically enter a 0/0 transaction to show the current date in your book.

• Thanks 2

The book must be updated on the day of application at Jomtien, the letter I believe can be at least one day old, possibly more.

That's not true. I got my retirement visa on Monday February 3rd 2020. I got my letter from the bank and had my bank-book updated on Friday January 31st 2020. This was done at the Jomtien immigration office.

Edited by billaaa777

I did mine in Udon in December, 800,000B deposited for at least 2 months before & letter from the bank on the day of application, only to be sent back to the bank (Bangkok Bank) to withdraw 100B & get book updated, maybe just final proof the funds are still current ?

3 hours ago, twix38 said:

Surely jomtien accept a bank letter 1 day old don't they?

To make it 'same day' only is a bit unnecessary.

I've seen reports about Jomtien immigration accepting a 1 day old bank letter when going there early in the morning. My bank branch opens 10am, which is quite late,so I always do my annual extensions when they open after lunch,and 15 min before that I go to the bank for my bank letter and the bank book update. 

14 minutes ago, Adiudon said:

I did mine in Udon in December, 800,000B deposited for at least 2 months before & letter from the bank on the day of application, only to be sent back to the bank (Bangkok Bank) to withdraw 100B & get book updated, maybe just final proof the funds are still current ?

They want to see that your account is active. I always withdraw money from an ATM to cover the cost for the bank letter and the extension just before I go to the bank for my letter and the bank book update.

6 hours ago, HHTel said:

Regarding  the same day update, when they produce the letter they automatically enter a 0/0 transaction to show the current date in your book.

And if you want your bank book updated at Bangkok Bank for any reason,  just shove the book in the update machine. They print a b/f line with your current balance and the current date.No need to deposit or withdraw Baht 100 as someone suggested.  I didn't get an ATM card for the account with Baht 800,000 in and have never needed to do a transaction with that either account I have just before getting an extension. I just occasionally update the book and twice a year they add some interest. 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, bannork said:

I was told by Kasikorn that I must obtain the letter from the branch my account is at. That is in Bangkok, but I will be applying for a retirement visa in Udon Thani. There's no way I can do it the same day unless I fly.

Then fly

On 2/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, HHTel said:

There is no requirement for the 800k/400k to have come from abroad.  There is however such a requirement for income.

If you're married you are allowed to work in Thailand. Then it's at least 40k/month instead of 400k in the bank.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Suradit69 said:

And if you want your bank book updated at Bangkok Bank for any reason,  just shove the book in the update machine. They print a b/f line with your current balance and the current date.No need to deposit or withdraw Baht 100 as someone suggested.  I didn't get an ATM card for the account with Baht 800,000 in and have never needed to do a transaction with that either account I have just before getting an extension. I just occasionally update the book and twice a year they add some interest. 

"No need to deposit or withdraw Baht 100 as someone suggested."

There's been several reports here at TV about immigration offices where they've told people to go make a withdrawal or a deposit,and then update the bank book. 

16 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"No need to deposit or withdraw Baht 100 as someone suggested."

There's been several reports here at TV about immigration offices where they've told people to go make a withdrawal or a deposit,and then update the bank book. 

You are correct. I cannot state all imm office require this but certainly CW does along with MANY other reports from various im office.

The ACTIVITY must be on day of application. 

On 2/9/2020 at 8:01 PM, Suradit69 said:

Which immigration office. I have an FD and Savings account for the 800+ money in bank method. Had to show activity ON DAY of application at CW for annual extension.

Edited by DrJack54