Immigration Lawyer recommendations

Hello,

I am looking to bring my fiance over to the UK to get married and live together. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend a good immigration lawyer or service to help with the visa application.

I am looking at swiftimmigration, has anyone tried them?

Regards,

Stuart.

The application is pretty simple, there's a criteria, if you meet all the requirements, a visa will be issued.

Is there a reason you need the services of an agent, you both will need to supply the supporting documents, she will need to apply online and visit the Visa Application Centre, whether she uses an agent or not.

Some people prefer to pay a considerable amount to an agent to talk them through the process, that's their choice, I would only recommend an agent who is registered with the OISC, Office of the Immigration Services Commisioner, though it's fair to point out that whilst this is a legal requirement for UK based agents, though some lawyers as opposed to agents don't need to register, there's no need to register here in Thailand, anybody can set themselves up in a swanky office and claim to be a skilled agent, one agent that I'm aware of has nevertheless registered.

I've never heard of the firm you're suggesting but they seem to based in the UK, is there a particular reason you don't want your girlfriend to use a Thailand based agent?

There are two routes available to you, she can apply for a fiancee visa, that would allow her to travel ti the UK and get married, which you have to do within six months. After you're married she would need to apply for further leave to remain, pay the fee, provide evidence of her English skills and you would need to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirements and have suitable accomodation available, she must apply for FLR again after 30 months, another fee and have to meet the financial requirements again, and then Indefinte Leave to Remain after a further 30 months.

The second option is to marry in Thailand, apply for a settlement visa, the fee is paid here, you have to meet the financial requirements and show that suitable accomodation is available and she needs to provide details of her English and TB tests, she can then travel to the UK and is good to go. She applies for FLR after 30 months and ILR after a further 30 months.

It's worth pointing out that this is how things are now, who knows if it may change.

11 hours ago, theoldgit said:

The application is pretty simple, there's a criteria, if you meet all the requirements, a visa will be issued.

Is there a reason you need the services of an agent, you both will need to supply the supporting documents, she will need to apply online and visit the Visa Application Centre, whether she uses an agent or not.

Some people prefer to pay a considerable amount to an agent to talk them through the process, that's their choice, I would only recommend an agent who is registered with the OISC, Office of the Immigration Services Commisioner, though it's fair to point out that whilst this is a legal requirement for UK based agents, though some lawyers as opposed to agents don't need to register, there's no need to register here in Thailand, anybody can set themselves up in a swanky office and claim to be a skilled agent, one agent that I'm aware of has nevertheless registered.

I've never heard of the firm you're suggesting but they seem to based in the UK, is there a particular reason you don't want your girlfriend to use a Thailand based agent?

There are two routes available to you, she can apply for a fiancee visa, that would allow her to travel ti the UK and get married, which you have to do within six months. After you're married she would need to apply for further leave to remain, pay the fee, provide evidence of her English skills and you would need to provide evidence that you meet the financial requirements and have suitable accomodation available, she must apply for FLR again after 30 months, another fee and have to meet the financial requirements again, and then Indefinte Leave to Remain after a further 30 months.

The second option is to marry in Thailand, apply for a settlement visa, the fee is paid here, you have to meet the financial requirements and show that suitable accomodation is available and she needs to provide details of her English and TB tests, she can then travel to the UK and is good to go. She applies for FLR after 30 months and ILR after a further 30 months.

It's worth pointing out that this is how things are now, who knows if it may change.

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, the Thai person is my boyfriend not girlfriend, we are a same sex couple so unfortunately we can not marry in Thailand which complicates things slightly as we need an additional visa.

My main reasons for going with an agent is just to increase the chance of success. The visa cost £1523, plus any additional costs for my boyfriend to travel to Bangkok and the VFS, so if I can employ an expert for £400-£500 to make sure my application is worthy of success then it seems like a good idea. I am not sure how complicated the process is, maybe it’s not required.

We did apply for a U.K. tourist visa ourselves and even though it was rejected, it seemed to be successful on the main points that could apply to the fiancé visa. The only reason for refusal was his reasons for returning to Thailand which to be fair, were quite weak.

So in your opinion, just do the visa yourself and don’t use an agent?

Regards,

Stuart.

37 minutes ago, Stuart89 said:

So in your opinion, just do the visa yourself and don’t use an agent?

First of all my apologies for the assumption.

As I said earlier the use of an agent is a matter of personal choice, it’s really not that difficult and you and your partner would still need to collate all the supporting evidence, and as you say he will still need to visit the visa application centre in Bangkok to have his biometric details captured.

If I were going to use an agent I would probably use one in Thailand, where is he based?

Nothing wrong with using a UK based agent but I suspect you’re not going to get many recommendations here.

He is based in Nakhon Si Thammarat in the south. I am open to suggestions of Thai based immigration services, I did find one called KeyVisaThailand, but the reviews didn’t fill me with confidence and they haven’t replied to me after two messages.

hi guys,

Sorry to through this random question, as I cant fine any answer on the google, or Web

I am worried as I am waiting for some documents to be sent to me,

I completed the App. on Saturday 8th, I think there was a time limit?

How many days do you have to get the documents & your BioMt prints done, after the completion of the Visa Application to Uk ?

Thanks in advance for any quick information experiance..., 

On 2/9/2020 at 3:35 PM, Stuart89 said:

He is based in Nakhon Si Thammarat in the south. I am open to suggestions of Thai based immigration services, I did find one called KeyVisaThailand, but the reviews didn’t fill me with confidence and they haven’t replied to me after two messages.

Good  advise from theoldgit I used Paul at Thai visa express after wasting £2500 with another agent , Paul was very good double checked everything and has a great support team I’m pleased to say my fiancée is now in the UK     

Archived