Thai Tourism Ministry considers collecting tourism fees

webfact

27 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Ha Ha that’s so funny have they forgotten that tourists already pay higher rates for visiting tourist attractions an example would be the huge increase last year of visiting national parks or the huge hike in government hospital charges all these crazy ideas drive tourists away to the likes of Malaysia,Vietnam,Burma, Cambodia.

Have you travelled to these other countries? They are just as bad for charging foreigners more, even semi-developed Malaysia. I was in Penang for two months and witnessed countless government attractions which had discounts for Malays.

It was so bad that I ended up boycotting anything that charged extra because I am not Malaysian.

I was also taken to the local market by my guesthouse owner. Realised I had been paying 3x more than locals for basics! 

It's the same all over Asia. Get out while you can or before the state sponsored Chinese flu gets ya!!

6 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

brilliant!  what will they think of next?

What about stopping the entry via visa exempt? MFA will profit from that (Yes, they also need Mercs, Bimmers, Rolls and Bentleys...)
Or what about an "Immigration Service Fee" (of course waived for citizens of India and China) payable at the point of entry?
What about charging 5% commission when changing cash? (Goes to the excise dept, Chinese Yuan and Indian Rupees exempted)

6 hours ago, ukrules said:

<deleted>, these morons can't come up with anything better than this?

The whole country is literally going to sh@t and they are talking about charging more ????????????

Same as the expressway to Don Muang. Vehicle volume drops so they raise the toll. Now 80 Baht. No wonder no one is up there.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

There is already a fee included in the ticket price (use to be paid on departure but now collected at time ticket is purchased - 700 baht or something thereabouts).

Would love to see an audit report on where it has all being spent over the years !!!! Never happen.

Well, the result of charging tourists will be further decline in tourism. This will weaken the Thai baht. As I am not on a tourist visa, seldom leave the country, and have USD deposited monthly into a Thai baht account, I whole heartedly applaud the idea.