Thai Tourism Ministry considers collecting tourism fees

webfact

1 hour ago, Thrifty69 said:

I live in Cambodia and I used to visit Thailand 5 or 6 times a year, now I just can't be bothered and only visit when I'm flying through.

Cheaper for me to fly to Malaysia, the cost of hotels, transport, Food and shopping are a lot cheaper.

Now if You try to visit 5-6 times per year you will be denied as they will say you are working here or do not have sufficient funds to support yourself. 

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I live in Cambodia and I used to visit Thailand 5 or 6 times a year

I'm guessing 99.9% of people all around the world don't fly out of their countries to "visit" another country 6 times a year.

Congratulations.  You're obviously in the Super Rich Jet Set economic bracket.

Or Cambodia is still a hardscrabble, lesser developed country than Thailand and doesn't have what you desperately want requiring you to spend your time and savings to obtain here in Thailand?

Just a casual observation.

• Like 2

You need to see the context:

Chinese are exempted from visa fees. Given the millions of Chinese don't paying visa fees (expected 40million...)  there is a huge loss.

So we will pay tourism tax to compensate for the free of charge visiting Chinese!

Lovely, I am always happy to support garbage Chinese! 

I am sure after Chinese will protest and threaten to stay completely away, they will be exempted from tourism tax !

7 hours ago, alexth said:

Can you say “desperate”? ????

Just working out ways to compensate for lak of tourists at current moment ,this is all never ending in fees costing extra money while getting less for your money from exchange rate week in week out

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Something tells me this is just the start of many fees to be added.. you can bet your bottom $$$$ here will be some form of "Coronavirus, help save the tourism industry" fee

pigs at the trough...but there'll be nothing in the trough soon

• Like 1