Overstay 6 month

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

When you leave, there is no legal way of avoiding blacklisting. Besides the 20,000 baht fine (you do not want to know how this might be reduced, trust me) the blacklisting is a 100% certainty if leaving from Don Muang. Especially if you are not wealthy, plan on being away from Thailand for the next 12 months.

Tim...just for the forum, do you have any knowledge of what happens after blacklisting. Meaning let's say he was given the 12 month, is there a way to check if your A OK to return.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Meaning let's say he was given the 12 month, is there a way to check if your A OK to return.

As I understand it, from threads on here or other sites, there is a central database in Immi and if you're not sure you can get a lawyer to check. Would seem a waste of time and money, just add the date to calendar it's due to expire ???? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FatDude said:

is the max fine 20k thb? (for sure? not a single bit more)

Yes. It’s the limit allowed by law.

if its is 20k fine, can it be lowered?

No. Unless you get your self arrested and prosecuted through the court. Then the fine will be closer to 5K.

what steps should i take in don mueng airport? say nothin, go to check-in, go to the gate where they check passport and pay fine?

anything else i should know?

tips? advice?

When you hand your passport to the IO at passport control they will send you to the overstay desk as soon as they see the overstay.

You’ll get an overstay stamp in your passport confirming how long you overstayed and the fine paid. And the should issue a written notice confirming a 1 year ban.

It’s very straightforward. 

• Thanks 1

For the 3-day overstay I once had, the de-tour to the Overstay Desk after presenting my passport at Immigration, took approx 10 minutes (paid the fine and got the overstay-stamp in my passport).

In your case I would reckon it will take somewhat longer, so better don't arrive last-minute at the Airport and risking to miss your flight.

All previous comments on fines etc seem to be correct. I would keep a very low profile until you pitch up at the airport ( with the 20k). You do not want to get apprehended for overstay.

Surprised you let the situation run to six months though.

Anyway best of luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Tim...just for the forum, do you have any knowledge of what happens after blacklisting. Meaning let's say he was given the 12 month, is there a way to check if your A OK to return.

I do not know how this is handled administratively. In theory, the blacklisting ought to automatically expire at the end of the blacklisting period. I am pretty sure that if you arrive at a crossing point, and the system indicates you are still banned, it would be possible to resolve the problem and (in principle) be allowed to enter. A big problem can be the advance passenger information system the airlines use to communicate with immigration. It is possible immigration might send back a "do not board" instruction to the airline, which comes with no reason or possibility to appeal. If worried about this possibility, maybe you should fly to a neighbouring country, and enter by land.

• Thanks 1