Anutin blocks cruise ship turned away by three countries from docking at Laem Chabang

webfact

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What a nightmare to be aboard that ship, not knowing where or when they'll be allowed to disembark. 

The passengers on the Westerdam cruiseship had just bought tickets from BKK to Amsterdam when they heard that they couldn't go of board in Thailand.

Well done mr Anutin! They will never come back to Thailand i bet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Considering that they are still welcoming Chinese tourists with open arms, this decision seems peculiar. No cases were detected on this ship, and it has been out to sea for some time. And these folks were going to head directly for the airport from Chonburi. I would guess this is a PR stunt, to make up for his horrendous showing so far. This guy is beyond incompetent, and should have been replaced already, with someone who has experience in the health field. 

On the head, this decision was made above him to keep his a#$ out of the fire and to save the boys at the top.......   What's coming out of Wuhan now is extremely disturbing........ I don't even think the boys at the top could tell big enough lies to cover up what's coming......  

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

This is the link from 'vesselfinder.com.   

Today is Feb 11th. Any guesses as to her present location?

All I could see is that she was heading east off the very southern tip of Vietnam. Is she heading for  Ishigaki, Japan?

Where is this vessel. Anybody?

Uhmm.....the heading of 258 degrees is actually west, well almost, 270 would be due west. East is 90 degrees.

although that data is now 6 hours old, so she could be heading anywhere by now. And the data on some of the other marine traffic websites has their last location report on the 6th ?

Screengrab from vesselfinder.com

locstat.JPG

Edited by MikeN
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

Probably a smart decision by Thailand as they are inept at handling a common flu.

However, what kind of world we live in when a ship full of humans is not allowed to dock, even if there is a full on outbreak.

Shameful.

Especially when airports allow passengers from China to enter. Just no common sense

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Especially when airports allow passengers from China to enter. Just no common sense

And even more when you first say the cruiseship can come, they all happy and so are their families back home...then after they bought airtickets you tell them they can't come on thai ground....sooooo kind that thainess...

7 hours ago, tlandtday said:

A lot of naive persons on this forum lapping up the official Thai "I00 percent in control" nonsense".  Can anyone explain why we should believe the Thai authorities over those of U.S., Russia, Europe, etc? 

Because it would result in not having to try and come up with yet another puerile Thai bash that hasn't already been done to death which would lead to an overall more pleasant disposition and a less worried state of mind.

Peace and tranquility. Not the sort of thing that the TV League of Perpetual Malcontents want really.

11 hours ago, ozz1 said:

I guess if they  arrived by air it would be ok I don't understand their logic but it is Thailand

"but it is Thailand"

Yes of course!!! They are all so stupid and have zero of your infinite Godlike Wisdom. Geeeeez. Are there any ppl wondering why farangs are less and less welcome? 

• Sad 4

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Must have been a very tough decision for him ,as they

were Chinese.

Regards Worgeordie

Very tough my arzzz they need to ban all the disease spreading folk but hey ho they have certainly fcked this country up ???????? kinda good 

Woaaaa It might have to go back to the US ! ? ... I wonder if they have tried Guarm ? ... I guess so. ... It would not be to bad if they just flew all of the people straight out I think ? ... Like they are evacuating them from Wuharn ? ... Hawai Maybe ? ... ??? 

Simply put Anutin would lose face letting the ship dock when other countries have refused it, that have probably had advice from people who understand about health and not about engineering, those that have medically been trained, usually can speak english and have an idea of the outside world and how it works.  

3 hours ago, MikeN said:

Uhmm.....the heading of 258 degrees is actually west, well almost, 270 would be due west. East is 90 degrees.

although that data is now 6 hours old, so she could be heading anywhere by now. And the data on some of the other marine traffic websites has their last location report on the 6th ?

Screengrab from vesselfinder.com

locstat.JPG

That's it, i'm not even going for a paddle.

Decisions made with no clue of the cost and disruption of granting permission which means cruise lines and passengers scrambling to book flights etc then pull the permission a day later? 

Meantime the chinese continue to flow in on planes and buses with little or no checking.  Maybe when the Thai govt learned they all planned to go straight to airport and leave they decided not enough money in it if they don't stay...and the taxi mafia at laem chabang port probably <deleted> as cruise line no doubt would likely provide free bus transfers to airports rather than passengers having to pay exorbitant prices of $200++ to the airport.

I would bet that the cruise ship passengers have been checked and rechecked...and much less a risk than a bus load of chinese.... If it were a chinese ship would they just waltz right off the ship?

• Like 2

Nobody here seems to have the slightest clue that this ship,the MS Westerdam, was never supposed to visit Thailand.

This ship was only meant to visit China, S. Korea, Taiwan, and then Japan. 

After the coronavirus hit, no country on their itinerary would let them dock as last port of call was in China.

This ship has been sailing the seas like a proverbial plague ship, looking for anywhere that would let them dock.

In this instance, I think the Thai govt. doesn't owe them anything, and has done the right thing.

• Like 1